Chapter 6

Complicated Fairytales

CHAPTER 6

 

 

Joohyun heaved a sigh as she continues her pace. She’s now heading to meet Prince Yi Fan, the son of the queen Kim Yoo Jin and the heartless beast as people calls him. She asked herself whether she would get scared like the others or not.

 

She sighed and thought that she shouldn’t be thinking of that because what matters most is that she should perform her father’s job well. She heaved a sigh as she stops her track and stares at the door in front of her. You can do it, Joohyun. She cheered herself as she knocks softly on the door. The door opened and reveals a young and beautiful girl in front of her.

 

“Good day. Are you Joohyun?”, the girl asked. Joohyun could only nod.

 

The girl smiled at her and held her hand. “I’m Yoona. Come in, Yi Fan’s inside.”

 

Joohyun’s breath hitched as soon as she heard the girl’s name. She’s the princess. Gosh, Joohyun. How stupid can you get? It’s Princess Yoona. Aissh! She scolded herself mentally.

 

“Are you alright, Joohyun?”

 

“Uh, yes I’m fine, Princess Yoona.” She stuttered as she saw the princess pouted.

 

Call me Yoona, it’s an order.”, Yoona said without any hint of authority in her voice more like pleading. “Okay?”

 

Joohyun smiled and nod.

 

“Come. I’ll introduce you to Yi Fan.”

 

The two girls went inside. There, Yi Fan, the prince, is seated in a small couch while reading a book. Joohyun could see his face clearly and after seeing the prince for the first time, she concluded that the prince’s appearance is really scary but she thought that she shouldn’t have judge the prince based on his appearance.

 

“Yi Fan, don’t you have any manners? Come here, you lazy prince.”, Joohyun heard Yoona calls her stepbrother. Yi Fan obliged and went to them.

 

“You’re such a nagger, Yoong. Are you imitating my mother?”, Yi Fan teased which made Joohyun’s eyes narrow.

 

He seems harmless for me. She thought as she studied the closeness of the two royalties. Yoona noticed Joohyun staring at them, specifically, at Yi Fan.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot. Yi Fan, this is Joohyun. Sooyoung-unnie informed me that she’s going to replace Seo ajusshi’s job here as your servant. I hope you will treat her well. She’s a nice girl. And, she’s beautiful, right?”, Yoona introduced which made Joohyun blushed a bit.

 

Joohyun bowed to show respect to the prince. “I’m Seo Joo Hyun, Prince Yi Fan.”

 

Yoona then continued and introduces her stepbrother. “Joohyun, this is Yi Fan. You don’t need to address him as prince whenever it’s not necessary. He’s a nice guy. He doesn’t bite.”, Yoona teased which earned a smack on her head from Yi Fan.

 

Joohyun smiled at the closeness of the two.

 

“D-don’t mind her, J-Joohyun.”, Yi Fan stuttered which earn a malicious look from Yoona. Joohyun just nod.

 

“You’re stuttering, Yi Fan. You like Joohyun?”, Yoona asked with a knowing smile plastered on her face.

 

“Aissh! This girl. I thought you’re going to meet Taeyeon-noona?” Yi Fan scolded while trying to hide his embarrassment.

 

Yoona giggled. “Okay, okay. Joohyun, I’ll leave you two.”, she said to Joohyun then turned to Yi Fan. “You, take care of Joohyun, okay? Bye. See you later, Joohyun.”

 

As the princess left, Joohyun doesn’t felt awkward being alone with the prince. She even felt comfortable. Maybe working for the prince isn’t bad. She thought as she smiles a bit.

 

 

*******

 

 

Yuri looked at the young ladies who are busy buying jewelries and gowns all around the shopping district. She wondered why they were all being like that. She thought of any event that’s going to be held in the kingdom but she can’t think of any. She turned to Sooyoung, who is looking around.

 

“Sooyoung.” Sooyoung turns to her after hearing her name being called.

 

“Yes? Have you found a perfect gift for our princess?”, Sooyoung asked her.

 

Yuri smiled. She suddenly remembers the reason why they are at the place. The reason was because she thought of giving Yoona something for being kind to her and she asked Sooyoung to accompany her.

 

“Uhm. Not yet, but, can I ask something?”

 

“Of course. What is it?”

 

“Uhm? Is there going to be a party or event in the kingdom? The young ladies seem busy all around here.”

 

Sooyoung smiled. “Well, the prince of Roho, Prince Minho, will be turning 20 this year and every young lady are invited by the king to come in the palace. I think he wants his son to look for his bride.”

 

Yuri smiled awkwardly at the explanation. “So, that’s why.”

 

“Well, you could go if you want to.”, Sooyoung added. She thought that maybe Yuri wants to come that’s why she asked.

 

“Oh, I don’t think it’s appropriate if I go there. I’m just a servant.”, Yuri explained but deep inside her heart, she hoped to attend a party like those kind. “Will the princess going to attend?”

 

Sooyoung smirked. “Well, I don’t think so.”

 

“Why? Princess Yoona is beautiful and there’s a big chance that she’ll get chosen by the prince.”, Yuri reasoned out. She smiled at the thought of the princess being chosen by the prince and they will have a happy ending just like what her mother used to tell her every night.

 

“Well, that’s the main reason. I think our Princess Yoongie is not interested with the prince. I think she already have a certain someone in her heart.”, Sooyoung answered and left Yuri dumbfounded.

 

“Yah! Wait for me, Sooyoung.”, she called out as she ran towards Sooyoung.

 

 

*******

 

 

“My queen.”

 

Queen Yoo Jin held her chin up as soon as one of the men she sent to look for a certain huntsman came into her view. “What is it?”

 

“My queen, I have something to inform you.”

 

Curiousity filled the queen’s mind as she heard what the henchman said. “Inform me then.”

 

The henchman bowed in respect as he continued. “The huntsman whom you wish to search for has now been found. But-“

 

The queen’s eyebrow narrowed, “But?”

 

“But, he refused to come.”

 

Impatience became an obvious emotion through the queen’s eyes as the henchman said those words. The queen heaved a sigh as she turns to the henchman. “And what solution have you made?”

 

“I have seized his younger sibling to make him come and agree with the deal you want.”

 

The queen smirked. She obviously chose the right person to give the task. “Such a clever idea you have there, my loyal henchman. Where’s the sibling?”

 

“Let me go!”

 

As if on cue, a pretty young lady with a long dark brown hair held by two soldiers came. She is struggling to break free from the tight grip of the two soldiers but with her small body, she holds no chance.

 

The queen stood up from her throne and went towards the girl. She held her face and examines it as if it was a certain art piece. She smirked as she felt the girl’s fear.

 

“What a pretty and young girl we have here. She might also be as useful as her brother.”, the queen said.

 

She went back to her throne and ordered something to the henchman. “Put her in the cell. Make sure that she won’t escape because as soon as her brother agrees, she might as well help me in something.”

 

The girl is now filled with worry not only for herself but for her brother. She knew how cruel the queen is and that she can manipulate anyone with just the snap of her fingers. She just hoped that her brother would be fine. It’s better for him not to save her rather than put himself into danger.

 

Be safe, Kai. Suji, the pretty young girl who is now going to be imprisoned in the palace, hoped.

 

 

 

 

********

 

 

I hope you'll like my new update. Sorry for making you wait for the update. More chapters would be updated because my mind's being filled with ideas. SmileLoveEnjoy, guys. :)

~Kai