Chapter 5

Complicated Fairytales

CHAPTER 5

 

 

The next day seems to be an ordinary day for Yoona. She’s now heading to the main library of the palace, which becomes one of her routines, to meet Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon is a scholar who is close to her. After telling her philosophies and some of her words of wisdom, Yoona makes sure that she always has spare time for Taeyeon.

 

She heard an unfamiliar voice as she went closer to the main library. She slowly enters in silence as she saw a face which she hasn’t seen before. The girl is talking to Taeyeon and the girl seems kind and she’s pretty also.

 

“Princess Yoona.” Yoona heard Taeyeon calls her. She straightens up as she smiles at the lady and slowly walks toward the two.

 

“Unnie, you have a friend here?”, Yoona asked curiously.

 

“Well, Princess Yoona, she’s-“, Taeyeon paused as Yoona glared at her playfully. “I mean, Yoona, she’s Kwon Yuri. She’s going to be a new servant here.”, she explained as Yuri bowed courteously to Yoona.

 

“Really? Well, would she want to be one of mine? I can sense that Sooyoung-unnie is having a hard time with me.”, Yoona beamed as she held out her hand for a shake hand. “I’m Im Yoona. You can call me Yoona.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Princess Yoona.”, Yuri said with respect to the princess. Yoona pouted as she heard what Yuri addressed her.

 

Taeyeon noticed it and barged in. “When she tells you that she wants you to call her Yoona, you should or else she’ll have her tantrums.”, Taeyeon joked. Yuri softly giggled at the statement and nods her head in reply.

 

“Unnie, I don’t have tantrums.”, Yoona whined. “Well, Yuri-ssi, you seem older than me, so can I call you unnie?”, she asked sweetly which made Yuri blushed a bit.

 

“O-of course, Yoona.”, Yuri answered.

 

“So, it’s settled then, Yuri will be your new ser-“

 

“Yuri-unnie will be my new FRIEND, Taeyeon-unnie. Friend.”, Yoona insisted.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri could only smile at the childishness of the princess. It seems like it was far from an ordinary day for Yoona.

 

*******

 

“Oh, you’re here.”, a tall and beautiful lady came into Joohyun’s view as she stepped into the palace. “I’m Choi Soo Young, a servant here but unlike the others, I serve for the princess.”, the lady named Sooyoung continued.

 

“I’m Seo Joo Hyun, the daughter of the prince’s personal servant and I’m here to replace him.”, Joohyun informed as her eyes roamed around the beautiful palace.

 

Sooyoung’s bright expression slowly fades as she heard Joohyun’s statement. This was not left unnoticed by Joohyun and she began to wonder why. “Is there something wrong with what I said?”, Joohyun asked innocently.

 

Sooyoung sighed. “Are you really sure you want to replace your father’s job?”, she asked, worried.

 

“Yes, if I don’t work, we’ll surely starve and I can’t let my father continue to work because he’s really old and sick.”, Sooyoung smiled at Joohyun’s kindness and love for her father.

 

“I do hope many daughters think the same way as you do.”, she said, “Well, what are we waiting for? I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”, Joohyun smiled and followed Sooyoung as the lady walked inside the palace.

 

********

 

“Minho! Why are you being like this?!”

 

A young prince ignored his father’s wrath by continuing on whatever he’s doing. He already told his parents a lot times that he’s still not ready to get married but being the stubborn parents, especially his father, as they always are, they kept on pestering him and trying to introduce him to so many different princesses whom names he can’t remember.

 

“Stop scanning that book and listen to me!”, his father, the king of Roho, demanded as he grabbed the book from his son. “Why can’t you just choose a princess and try to develop feelings towards her and then everything’s solve.”

 

Minho stood up and looked at his father. “It’s not that easy father. You don’t know what it feels because you married mother for love but what you’re doing to me is completely different. I want to marry someone whom I love. I won’t marry someone and then try to develop feelings towards her. I will marry a girl whom I have already feelings for.”, with that he left his father dumbfounded.

 

He went straight to the garden and breathes out everything that’s inside of him. “I hate him. I hate him so much!”, he muttered silently afraid that his father would hear him.

 

“Why can’t he understand me?! He’s my father for goodness’ sake but he treats me like a machine. I hate him! I hate him so much!”, he chanted as if it will the fact that he’s forever pestered by his father to get married.

 

“I wish to meet that special girl soon.”, he said as he heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

********

 

Well, I'm back and I think updating this chapter would make my presence known. Hahaha. So, I guess it's going to be a Fanfic Summer Vacation for me. Well, enjoy your summer vacation guys. SmileLoveEnjoy :)

~Kai :)