Myth

You Saved My Life

As you walked through the hotel yard, you touched every little piece that was touchable. 

You saw a part of yard where the bushes were high about 50cm, and are actually a labyrinth. And as the main part of the labyrinth is the end of it.

It was a big wooden stick that was stuck into the ground. It held Chinese Rose. But it wasn't ordinary. It was blue.

Zelo saw you look at it.

 

''You know a myth about blue Chinese roses? I heard something, but I don't remember it quite well.''

''Yeah, I heard it. Do you want to hear it?''

''Sure.''

 

He loved myths, so before listening to the myth he took your wrist and pulled you to the nearest bench in the yard.

 

''The myth says that blue Chinese roses weren't blue at first.

A long time ago, people knew other kinds rather than animals or human. They called them Avatar Fairies. Those things were able to turn transparent, fly, run faster than the speedlight, which actually gave them power to come back into the past.

They were almost almighty.

Almost.''

''Almost?''

''Almost. Only thing they weren't able was to love. More specifically, they could love, and fall in love too. But they couldn't fall in love with humans. It was too outrageous for creatures like them. It was dangerous, too. 

Only few people knew them and kept them as friends, others only thought they were a lie.

But the people that thought they were a lie, actually would kill them if they would see them, because only species that they approved was human.

 

One day, Avatar fairies had a fight with their human friends. Actually, a boy and a girl. They liked each other, but it was forbidden to fall in love.

As humans found out about their nation's boy, and Avatar fairies about their most powerful girl, they immediately started a war.

Humans won.''

''But weren't fairies.. I mean Avatar fairies, almighty?''

''Yes. They were. 

But that girl was the most powerful fairy there, even though she was really young.

Nobody believed she was the one made to be the leader of the Avatar fairies. She was only almight Avatar fairy. 

She decided to end the war that had never started.

She extiguished sparkles. Neon blue sparkles.''

''I don't understand... Sparkles? What has that got to do with anything?''

''It has. Avatar fairies didn't have just brain and heart. They had sparkles.

Sparkles were the main source of their energy and powers.

They all had wings. Everybody had his own colour. But that girl had neon blue. She just turned it into blue, as she demanded to herself. She didn't want to lead her species yet. She wanted to have fun.

I went too far; so -

Her favourite flower was this kind of rose. 

Extinguishing sparkles would change half of the history that ever existed, people would forget anything related to Avatar fairies, and fairies themselves...''

 

You looked down feeling tears forming in your eyes...

 

''And they would what?''

 

Zelo was staring into that blue rose, not noticing you tear up.

You took a deep breath before answering.

 

''They would be gone.. 

Forever..''

''Forever?''

''Forever...''

''But if she extinguished sparkles -''

 

You didn't let him finish the question.

 

''She didn't.

She placed all the sparkles that ever existed in her favourite flower. 

Chinese rose.

That's how everything stopped for a minute. She disappeared like a ghost.

All of the fairies did.

Their life now is continued in this rose. This is the last blue rose that exists. I hope it never dies...''

 

You let out a sad tear and looked up at the rose.

 

''Is there any way to make them come back to life?''

''I don't know. The rest of the myth doesn't exist...''

''Oh.. I wish it was real.. Do you believe in it?''

 

He looked at you, finally.

His eyes widened and he felt that sad vibe you let out.

 

'' I believe in it. I don't think this world would've survived by now. This world is too cruel and mean... 

Poor rare good people.. I know good always wins over bad.. But I feel really sorry to the ones that go through the pain to save everything around themselves...''

''Like you do?''

 

You finally looked at him in the eyes. You saw something deep in his eyes, something that nobody ever had.

''Why do you trust me?''