Hidden Secrets that Keep You Ignorant

The Curse of the Witch's Blood Line

  
"Jinju, say hello to your life-long companion, Yongguk." The Head Elder smiled brightly as the figure slowly became more visible. 
 
*Yongguk is an awfully strange name for a girl*  I thought. 
 
  I sat in anticipation hoping for the best friend I had always dreamed of, but as the face slowly came into view my shoulders slightly slumped. It was a boy, not much older than me from the looks of it. 
 
"As you know, your Familiar will serve as your other half. He will be there to serve as a protector, a helper, but most of all a friend. Yongguk, say hello to your witch, Jinju Tresman." he turned to look at me with eyes like chocolate and caramel.  His hair, a bleach blonde color, was not a common color for Familiars since their hair color represented their fur. 
 
  He stood there awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other before looking at the Elder. 
 
"Go on boy, greet your witch." the Elder nudged him forward and he walked over awkwardly. I stood from the chair nervously twiddling my fingers before looking strait into his eyes. He leaned in closer, our faces inches apart, and sniffed my scent. His eyes dilated and his brow creased, turning toward the Elder. 
 
"She is not a full witch, what's the meaning of this? I was sworn by my bloodline to be bonded with a real witch. This is merely a child in training still." his voice was deep and mesmerizing, but that did not snap me out of my shocked state toward his harsh words. 
 
"There was an omen. She is the chosen one of the lost bloodline." 
 
  Yongguk's body stiffened as he turned again to examine me now closely. His eyes had grown darker as he let out a low growl coming from deep within his throat. 
 
"Yongguk! You her Familiar, regardless of your bloodlines! She is still a witch and you will treat her as such!" the Second Elder scolded. 
 
"You must leave on your journey tomorrow. Your destination is the mountain of Judicium. Along the journey, many things will test you. You will be pushed to the brink of insanity and your bond will be tried for breaking. The responsibility, just like any witch and their Familiar, to strengthen your relationship and hold each other up. Your final trials will be forced upon you at the mountain of Judicium."
 
  During the whole of the Elder's conversation Yongguk's never left me. His entire body was emitting waves of hatred when I had done nothing wrong. I hadn't even spoken to him. 
 
"-Did  you hear me Yongguk?" he slowly shifted his eyes toward the Elder," Do not, under any circumstances, break the Law of Familiar." he nodded once and returned his gaze back to mine. 
 
This is fantastic, not only am I a cursed witch, the universe thought it would make my Familiar hate me for no good reason; just for the fun of it. 
 
  This was gonna be one hell of a journey...
 
 
               _____________
 
 
"That's bull! None of us can go with her?! She's stuck with a jackass for a Familiar and the magic of a witch in training?!" my brother's fist hit the table, sending a shutter running through the entire piece of furniture and everything set on top. 
 
"We cannot speak against the Elders and you know that, Donghae. This is a serious matter and must be taken in all seriousness. If she must go then she will go." my father spoke firmly. 
 
"So you're just going let your youngest daughter journey by herself, God knows how far, with a new Familiar that won't accept her?!" Donghae's voice grew louder with each syllable. Mother's lips pursed, Julie looked down as if she were the one being scolded. 
 
  Tears trickled down her cheeks, a pang shot through my chest. She was the most sensitive out of all of us and must have been taking this the hardest.  
 
"Don't raise your voice toward me young man!" he heaved a big sigh as his hands folded together, his elbows rested on the tabletop," If I could, if I had any say in this, I would do everything I could to keep her safe , here, with us. But I am in a situation where that is not reality..." he tried to hide his voice wavering, but everyone in the room heard it. Mother's lip quivered as she breathed to try and keep her emotions from getting the best of her. 
 
  Donghae sighed heavily as a solemn silence settled in the room. 
 
 
          _________________
 
 
 
As I laid in bed, there were so many things running through my mind. I looked over toward Charlotte in her bed against the wall opposite my own. Her Familiar, Fuchsia, curled up in the small of her back. The little cat's rhythmic purring had put me to sleep so many nights before, and tonight was no different. Never once considering the chaos stirring through my head, the soft purring sang me to sleep. 
 
  Hopefully things go smoothly,  but I highly doubted that. 
 
           ___________________
Finally a long chapter! Please excuse any grammatical and spelling mistakes. I didn't have time to edit and correct. Enjoy!