In Which Two Familiars Clash in Competition

The Curse of the Witch's Blood Line

  Another long, dreary walk through the dark tunnels. The tension so thick you could cut it with a knife, hypathetically speaking of course...There were other things I'd enjoy cutting with a knife much more than tension. Take, for axample, Yongguk's tail. That would make for a nice trophy, since he's always hiding it between his legs and using his bad attitude and grumpy mood as a cover up.

  Maybe if I threaten to, he'll be nicer...

My thoughts were interrupted by someone snapping their fingers in front of my face,"Hey, insect, figure out a spell to get us out of here-" Yongguk was interrupted.

"I told you, I know exactly where we are. I travel these tunnels all the time with my creatures; we're not lost-" Daehyun's scowl deepened, not being able to convince Yongguk.

"I didn't ask you did I? If I wanted your directions, I would have assigned you as the living map to sing us stupid songs as we travel. But that's Channie's job, over there" he nodded toward Himchan as he tried reading the map in the dreadfully dim lamp light.

"Hey, don't insult me, I'm trying my best here," Himchan's eyes squinted to try and get them to adjust just enough to read the map, but to no avail.

"Maybe if you'd just let me do my job, then we'd have made it out-"

"Not a chance love lips, the last thing we want is a dead witch and a torn apart Familiar." Yongguk snarkily remarked.

"Love lips?" I gave him a look.

"When we first showed up, you two were face" he walked over to Himchan and the map. I felt my face heat up as my eyes looked to the floor in embarrassment. Suddenly there was a rumble, low at first, but noticeable all the same.  We all looked at each other.

"It's not me" I stated in defense. Before we knew it, the ground from beneath us opened up and we fell right through. If felt like we were tumbling, then spinning, then free falling, something I had hoped I wouldn't feel again after our first means of transportation. I started noticing the shadows of what looked like floating objects. a clock floated by, it's bell evr ringing loudly through where ever we were falling. I felt some arms grab me and wrap around me securely.

"Whatever you do, don't touch anything." Yongguk's deep voice was loud as he spoke to everyone from behind me," Just let yourself free fall and you won't hit anything." we fell and we fell and we fell. Passing by cards, tables, chairs with side tables and lamps next to them as if they were set up in a living room; rocking chairs and so much more. Until we finally hit the floor with a thud. I heard a groan underneath me and saw Yongguk holding his head.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" I was afraid he'd hit his head too hard.

"Why are you so heavy?" I sat there shocked, I was just genuinely concerned about his well-being and he asked why I'm heavy? The nerve of him. Scoffing I got up, not saying a single word to him. I rushed over to Daehyun and Himchan as they sat up, both groaning at the same time.

"What the hell was that?" Himchan looked up at the small hole above us that didn't look far enough for how long we were falling. Daehyun just sighed in frustration.

"Great, now look at where you got us." he glared at Yongguk, then pulled me into his lap and hugged me close with a slight whimper for affection. I awkwardly hugged back, not too sure on how to handle this situation I was in, nor how to respond to Daehyun's affection. When Himchan finally came to he looked around with the most confused look.

"Where are we?" he said groggily.

"We're in the Rabbit's hole," he said, hugging me closer and resting his head on my shoulder," I've tried my best to avoid this place all my years underground, and face over there led us straight into it."

"Yah, what did you call me!?" Yongguk sat up, then glowered when he saw him cuddling me. He stood up to grab me, only to grab his own head and groan again. He must have hit it pretty badly.

"What's the Rabbit's hole?" I looked at him in wonder. He sighed and sat up again.

"It's the hole of the White Rabbit. He's known for collecting anything and everything, and is one of the wisest creatures in all the land. You and I sought him out once, but we never found him until now...but, it's said he'd gone bad a century back, so no one has seen him since your disappearance, and now we're here, right smack in the middle of his den thanks to dog breath over there," he nodded in Yongguk's direction.

"I'm Keep calling me names and see what happens."

"Yea yea, anyway, we need to find a way out."

"Well, we're not going back the way we came, that's for sure." Himchan said looking up again.

  I looked around the strange hallway, it looked otherworldly, like a doll house almost. It's floors were black and white checkered with strange red walls. To be honest, it scared me a little. Daehyun and Yongguk must have both sensed my shiver because they both looked at me quietly. I paid no mind to them as I stood up, noticing a door at the end of the hall,"Look over there," I pointed over to it as everyone turned their heads to see. There was a single light shining down on it, giving the hallway this eerie feeling.

 

  When we all got our bearings we walked down the hall, it didn't seem like that far of a walk, but we had almost walked for another half hour before finally getting tot he door,"That was weird," Himchan looked back down the hall.

"It's what the Rabbit hole does." Daehyun replied.

  The door was locked, so we looked around for any way to pick the lock when Yongguk pulled something out of his pocket. He knelt before the door knob and picked the lock successfully. The door opened and we all peeked in to see  a weird looking room with a bunch of random stuff in it. Yongguk went in first, followed by me, Himchan, then Daehyun, who seemed nervous about being here, even if he didn't show it.

 There was someone talking somewhere in the back of the room, but we couldn't see. So,we followed the noises. I hadn't realized I had gripped the back of Yongguk's shirt as we walked.  I couldn't shake this horrible feeling in my gut, and I had a hunch that no one else could either. There were things collected on shelves that made my stomach churn. The tail of a striped cat, the crown of a queen, with her head still attached to it. There were houses of cards everywhere and on almost every shelf you could find at least one tea cup or pot. We passed by a shelf containing Elder's know's what in jars filled with a brownish liquid. There was a shelf, dedicated entirely to Dragon hearts. I looked back at Daehyun in worry, his face was hard, but he'd gone a little paler than usual.

  Suddenly there was a loud bang and we all turned to see Himchan had bumped a brass kettle, causing it to tumble to the floor before he could catch it. The talking stopped, we all pulled in and stood back to back as we looked around for any movement. Sudden;y a man popped up out of no where causing us all to jump. He had the look of a crazed maniac, with his different colored eyes wide and terrifying and his disheveled hair sticking out in all directions. But What was most noticeable, was his giant hat with a tag ticking out that read 10/6, like a measurement of some sort.

"You're all late for tea~" his voice was the most chilling thing I had ever heard. Before anyone could do anything, he grabbed me and pulled me away,"Why, Alice, it's been ages, why haven't you come to visit again? I've been waiting for so long. Ever since you wrecked my tea party all those years ago, I've had something very special planned for your return." He laughed as I screamed and tried getting away, everyone else running to my aid, only to be knocked down by some contraptions that fell from the ceiling. He set me in a chair and tied my wrists and ankles down, doing the same for everyone else as well. As I looked around at everyone, I saw a table set out before us like a giant tea party made for over fifty people. Yongguk was watching me the whole time, hearing my heart beating fast.

"Now, Alice, if you would be so kind, would you please sit still for your surprise" the mad rolled a little table up that had a selection of sharp objects,"You see, I plan to make you immortal. But, I'm going to need your heart. Dragon heart isn't strong enough." my eyes grew wide in fear as I pulled at my restraints. Everyone else couldn't believe what we'd heard. Who would be sick enough to attempt such sorcery? This was dark magic, and not something even the most evil of witches or wizards would attempt. Suddenly, out of no where, a girl walked up. She had raven black hair, and a sky blue dress with a white apron on it. But her eyes, they were hollow, like no life was in them.

 The man with the hat selected a tool that looked painful to touch, and even worse to have stuck inside you. I struggled more to get away, suddenly there was a snap. We all looked over to see Yongguk and Daehyun had both changed their forms, they came charging after him, but was stopped by a voice.

"Stop right there!" someone from behind us had yelled out. We turned to see a man, with white rabbit ears and circle spectacles shining in the shadow that covered his face. He walked in and shoved the hat man aside,"What did I tell you about this!?" he yelled at the man,"No more! We're done! Alice isn't coming back! Now get out of my site before I rip your heart out myself!" the hatted man coward away and left the room from where the rabbit man came in.

  Turning to us, he bowed,"I'm terrible sorry, he's completely lost his mind," the buckles were loosened and I rubbed my wrists that's going to feel sore tomorrow. Sighing I stood up and rushed over to Himchan, undoing his restraints as well. He hugged me tight as  Yongguk and Daehyun backed toward us, clearly showing their defenses were up.

"Who are you?"Yongguk barked.

"I'm the White Rabbit, or you may call me Youngjae if you wish. I mean you no harm, so don't worry. All I ask is an explanation as to why you are down here in my home." he watched us intently, folding his hands in his waist cost pockets.

"We stumbled through the hole while traveling the tunnels" Himchan replied.

"Ah, so he brought you here. I apologize again, he's usually in his room, but he managed to get out,"when he realized who Himchan was he bowed,"your Highness."

  Himchan cleared his throat and nodded awkwardly,"So, is there a way out of here?"

  The lifeless girl walked up the Youngjae and he spoke with her for a moment before she walked away slowly, sitting in a chair at the table and suddenly looking like she was asleep sitting up. He turned back to us and smiled,"Of course there is. But please, let me treat you to some hospitality for your troubles. You al seem weary with travel and you must be in shock from the happenings moments ago, especially you, Miss." he looked at me.

 No one wanted to say yes, so I spoke up,"As long as you can assure us that we will not be harmed..." we were indeed tired from the travels, and my legs were weak from the shock of what had just happened. We needed a rest, and this was the first chance we've gotten since we left Himchan's kingdom.

"Of course, the Hatter is back in his room, and will stay there until after you have left. Now please, follow me and I can show you some bed chambers to refresh yourselves in before supper." he motioned for us to follow as he started out of the room, us following behind cautiously.

  For some reason, this Rabbit didn't seem to be the least bit mad. But, you can never tell sometimes.