The New Road

The Curse of the Witch's Blood Line

 

"Absolutely not," Yongguk stood high with arms crossed; dead set on his decision. 
 
"Why not!? He's our friend, and he can help us in travel because he knows the land better" I debated. 
 
"Correction, he's your friend. I simply tagged along with you two in your date in case anything suspicious happened," he did not move from the position his was standing in, he just glared at Himchan as he spoke. 
 
"I can assure you there are no intentions of harming Jinju. I would just like to accompany you two on your journey to reassure her safety, isn't that what you're doing?" Himchan spoke smoothly. 
 
"It wasn't a date!...and no one had forced you to come..." Shyness took over a bit as my cheeks turn a light pink. 
 
"Oh trust me, if I didn't have the tattoo of eternal to you in making sure you don't act reckless and due, I wouldn't even be here insect. Now, were leaving, he's not coming with us, and that's final," he grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away before Himchan spoke some common sense. 
 
"How do you plan on getting past the Vashta Nerada?" Yongguk stopped and looked back at him. 
 
"The what?" 
 
"The Vashta Nerada, the shadows up on the surface. These forests stretch for miles, you'll never make it out before dark. You'll be torn apart within seconds before you can even cry out in pain. Is that something you want for Jinju?" Himchan crossed his arms in triumph knowing he had won the argument. 
 
  Yongguk sighed, exasperated with the whole situation. Releasing my hand he turned to look Himchan strait in the eye," fine, you can come. But you have to show us the way to get out of the forest  without being shadow food. "
 
Himchan's smile stretched from ear to ear," I can surely do that my friend-"
 
"Not your friend" Yongguk cut in, but didn't manage to ruin Himchan's high spirits. 
 
"First we have to see Sir Scientia, he knows more than anyone in the land, hell know where we need to go. Come friends," he held out his arm for Jinju to take and they walked off in link-armed glee;leaving Yongguk to follow behind rolling his eyes at every giggle or whisper exchanged between the two. 
 
"How dense can a girl be? He's flirting with her so much it would make a whale sick." he mumbled to himself. 
 
"That didn't make any sense~!" Jinju called from ahead, earning a long eye roll in return. 
 
 
          _________________
 
"So, it's you, you've finally been born into this world..." Sir Scientia spoke pearling over his spectacles. His frizzy, grey hair was slowly fading to baldness. His white cloak stretched out in a train behind him, his hands still resting on the glowing globe he had been examining before we came in," heed my warning child, you will face a certain trial that will try its best to break you through the one you truly love. Do not let the trial deceive you..." the entire room was silent, save the buzzing and swizzing sounds from the many experiments and gizmos surrounding us. 
 
Himchan finally cleared his throat and started speaking," Sir Scienta, we are planning a long journey, but we need a way of protection against the Vashta Nerada. Do you have something for us?" 
 
"Ah~ the Vashta Nerada, here follow me," we followed him behind a giant looking glass. He waved his hands over the smooth surface as an image started to swirl into view. As it became clearer it looked like a cottage in an opening of the woods somewhere. 
 
"You must take the tunnels leading North.  That is as far is the glass will show...but you must be careful of the Balimorfs. You know what they do if are ever to catch one of you."
 
"What do they do?" I questioned, a bit nervous at the mention of such a creature. 
 
"They will devour your very soul. You will cease to exist all together," I swallowed hard. 
 
"Great! We'll leave first thing tomorrow! We should start packing for the journey. Thank you Sir Scientia, you have always been a good friend. I don't know when I'll see you again, but when I do lets make it a happy reunion," Himchan pulled him into a firm hug before we left the laboratory with Scientia waving after us. 
 
 
              ________________
    
"Goodbye good people of the city!" Himchan waved one last goodbye as we made our way to the entrance of the tunnel we were to travel through. 
 
As we walked up, two men were standing guard on either side of the giant gate made of pure rock. They moved into a stance that looked like it was meant for battle, then quickly raised their hands as if striking the rock, but never actually touching it. The stone suddenly slide up into the wall; I stood there dumbfounded. 
 
"They're benders!? I've never met a real bender before!" I almost squeezed. 
 
"Calm yourself child, we'll most likely see plenty more along the way. Now let's go," Yongguk walked passed bumping my shoulder slightly. 
 
"Hey! Don't be jealous that you can only bend the element of stupid!" I played dirty and quickly hid behind Himchan, who was completely oblivious to the entire conversation. 
 
  The gate was closed in the same style as it was opened and it left us completely alone in the dark. 
 
"Ah, don't worry, I can take care of this," I pulled my wand out from hiding place in my sleeve and held it out i front of me as I spoke the word 'Lumos'. A bright light lit up the end and the small section of the tunnel suddenly flooded with light. There was nothing but silence as we stood there staring into the dark abyss that lay ahead of us. It made me nervous, the silence. I quickly grabbed hold of the closest thing to me, which happened to be a warm hand. 
 
Oops...
 
             __________________________
 
Ugh~ I don't like how this chapter came out at all. BUT! I hid some little treasures for you fellow Doctor Who and Harry Potter fans. (Because I'm geek like that! Yea! *fist pump*) I understand if you completely hate this chapter, and I'm sorry it took so long! 
 
Im such a horrible author to my beautiful subbies! T.T 
 
I promise it will get more exciting. 
 
Even I was getting bored of the constant city scenes. TIME TO START SOME ACTION!!! 
 
Anyway...
 
With much love,
Gbbi15