Wedding Day Number One

The Curse of the Witch's Blood Line

 

  "Let's get that arm fixed up for you before we head off," he lead us to the servants quarters where the head medicinal healer worked," Lady Medicus, we have a small injury for you to attend to."
 
  The elderly woman looked up from the young man laying on the bed and smiled,"Ah, Prince Himchan. How nice it is to see you down here. It's been awhile since you've come down to the Quarters." her smile was warm as it formed the lovely marks of aged experience. 
 
"I know, I have been busy lately. I promise to come down and visit more often, but I really do need you to have a look at my friend's arm," she looked at me and her smile grew brighter. 
 
"Of course! Come, come child, this way," I was led to a bed at the end of the room and sat as she gathered supplies," oh my, how did this happen?" she spoke as she started bandaging the wound. 
 
"She uh...she kind of tripped and landed on one of the...crystal...spears?" Himchan rubbed his neck. 
 
"Kim Himchan, what on earth have you been going to this poor girl!?" the elder scolded. 
 
"We fell through a hole in the ground while running away from the shadows...and I was startled by..." my vision cut away to Yongguk for a split second before quickly returning the the kind face I front of me," the troops at arms."
 
"Goodness me, look at the trouble you've caused your highness," Himchan rubbed his neck and slightly chuckled from embarrassment, "There, you're all fixed up. You better treat her like a last this time Himchan dear, we wouldn't want you to scare her off." she winked at him. 
 
"Of course, thank you Lady Medicus." We bowed and left, with Yongguk following behind.
 
"We'll take the carriage out on the city streets, the lamps will be brighter at evening time. It's the most beautiful thing you'll ever see." the red carriage was driven through the handsomely lit streets as the paper lamps glowed a rain or of colors. People were closing shops and heading out toward the town square where there seemed to be a celebration going on. 
 
"It's the first day of celebrating the the Amo Festival, here, have a lamp." he handed me a small, soft pink lamp attached to a rod. 
 
"Amo...Love Festival? That translation hasn't been used for at least a century. What is the festival  celebrating?" I asked. 
 
"It's a time for lovers to announce their engagements and which day of the festival they will get married next year." he swished his lamp around some. 
 
"Have you found your Amare yet Prince Himchan?" I teased, a small part of me hoping he hadn't yet. Yongguk rolled his eyes. 
 
"Not yet, my father has given me until next festival to find someone. If not, then I'll have to marry one of the daughters of the many Lords in the kingdom," he gave a lopsided smile toward me. 
 
"I hope you find her soon. Everyone should have their turn with love," I pat his hand as his smile brightened. Suddenly we were interrupted by an annoyingly tall body stepping in between us. 
 
"Excuse me your highness, but can I steal your lover away for a moment?" I was about to protest when he grabbed my wrist and led me a little wars offsite we couldn't be heard. 
 
"Yah! Bang Yongguk why are you so-" his hand slapped over my mouth earning him first place for my death glares.
 
"Did you already forget why we came out here in the first place? We're looking for the mountain, that's it. Once the trials are done we can go home, our blood will be clean." his breath tickled my face some as he kept it close to mine so our whispers could be heard above the festivities around us. 
 
"I didn't forget dog breath. It hasn't even been a day yet, relax some. We're not gonna find it right away, and it's not like it's gonna get up and walk off," I shoved his hand away and walked back toward Himchan. 
 
"Jinju wai-aish! That stuck up little-" 
 
"It's time for tonight's first wedding celebration!" the crowd cheered as the all made room for the couples to gather in the center of the square. We watched as the ceremony began with with the bonding of two souls and ended with a song and traditional wedding dance. 
 
"I think it's time for us to return to the palace. Your rooms are probably ready." the entire ride back Yongguk was glaring at me. I knew he was impatient to get back to our journey. 
 
        ___________________
 
  Later that night I sat on the huge bed, feeling slightly out of place in the chamber built for royalty. I closed my eyes and listened as the festivities carried on late into the night. But then there was a knock, so quiet I hadn't believed it was there in the first place. My assumptions were true when a second pair of knocks, much easier to hear, hit the door. 
 
"Come in..." I turned to see Himchan slowly make his way in the room, smiling warmly. 
 
"I came to see if you were settled comfortably." I smiled and pat the spot next to me on the bed. 
 
"I am, thank you for letting us stay..." I looked down at my twiddling fingers, a little resentful of the words that needed to leave my mouth. 
 
"What is it?" he looked down at me. 
 
"I um...I'm extremely great full for how welcoming you've all been. But I'm afraid we'll have to be leaving tomorrow." I looked down feeling guilty for leaving so soon. 
 
"Why so soon?"
 
"We...we're on a journey...a long one. And we've only just started and have to be on our way if we're ever to return home." I avoided eye contact in hope he wouldn't question, but it failed horribly. 
 
"What sort of journey? Why is it so important that you can't return home?" he prodded. I took a deep breath, and mentally prepared myself. I explained the entire story and he sat with interest listening to every word.
 
"So...you're the long lost descendant of Rowinda Thistle, you two were sent on a journey so you can cleanse your blood from any evil magic she passed down through the bloodline, and you cannot return home until you've reached this Judicium Mountain. Is that correct?" the way he summed it up would have been much easier to explain than the entire story. 
 
"Yes, I suppose you could sum it up like that. But now you know why we must leave." I heaved a sigh. He was sitting on deep contemplation slightly nodding as if he'd convinced himself to decision. 
 
"I'll go with you then," he looked back up at me with seriousness etched across his face. 
 
"What?"
                 _____________________
 
Im glad in writing longer chapters, thank you for being so patient with me. The risk of a hiatus is still there, but until then I'm gonna keep trying to post new chapters. I threw you off a bit with the title didnt I? Haha! I don't like how this one came out quite as much as my other ones, but the story should be moving along soon! Hope you enjoy! 
 
 
~~~<3