The Soul's Companion

The Curse of the Witch's Blood Line

 

"Come here child..." the Head Elder called me to his side as he stood over a large desk. There were scrolls and papers covering the desk top with no hint of wood being visible," let me see your hand."
 
  I slowly stretched out my hand and he took it in his, carefully examining each line and vein. His brow was creased with concentration until his eyes reached my inner wrist.  There he found a tiny purple mark that sat right above a vein, "when did you get this mark child?" his eyes lifted slightly to lock with my own.
 
"Since birth, Elder." 
 
   His brow furrowed even more as he examined my wrist once more, "That's what I was afraid of," he turned to the other two elders who were standing near by waiting for him to make a decision," Elders, I'm afraid the time has come... We must act immediately." 
 
  A solemn suffocation hit the air as a flash of sympathy filled the two Elder's eyes," What time? Act how?" I probably looked as confused as I felt. The Head Elder turned back to me and placed both hands heavily on my shoulders. 
 
"It is with a heavy heart that I must say this. But you my child, are the long lost descendant of the witch Rowinda Thistle." 
 
  I gasped as my eyes grew as wide as saucers, "Rowinda...Thistle?  No, it can't be, not me. I have no evil intentions in my heart, I had never planned on using my magic for darkness.  I am an ordinary witch, same as the rest of the students." 
 
"It is the truth...I'm afraid." He spoke with a broken heart. 
 
"You must now undertake a treacherous journey to cleanse your heart of the evil blood that runs through your veins." The Holly Elder spoke. 
 
"I'm an certain you know the legend of Rowinda Thistle, but there is another legend that succeeds hers. It is known by all elders that one day the unknown descendant would be found with the same form of magic that Rowinda was capable of performing. Which is the form of magic you would have inherited had you become a full witch earlier today."
 
  My knees grew week, I fell back in a chair that was thankfully behind me. 
 
 
"Of course, given the situation, you will be given your Familiar," my ears perked up," but because of the infantry of your powers it will prove to be a more difficult task in training him." my shoulders slumped, I had hoped it would have been a girl. My sister had a girl Familiar and they had been best friends the moment they met. 
 
  The Head Elder waved his hand in a single sideways motion and immediately a figure started to take form, " This Familiar chose you at birth, and has been waiting all these years to finally meet you. Jinju, say hello to Yongguk. Your companion for life."  
 
 
----
Finally! The first chapter. Of course I thank you for subbing to my story and for reading this chapter! *huggles* I hope you enjoy it!