The Hottest School Counselor

SHINee is LOVE [apply] {Reopening}

To awesomegirl360- ENJOY~ and sorry for the long wait~! ^^

 

This is the worst year in my whole entire 16 years of my life! Jade thought to herself as she stood in front of her 5th school this year. It was nearly June so there was really no point transferring into another school when Junior year was about to end for Jade, but, just like her parents, they decided that they had to make just one more transfer…

 

***

 

“Jade honey, I have some news for you~” Jade’s mother sang to Jade as she entered her room for the past two months and Jade instantly knew that it was going to bad news. Her mother always wanted to convey bad news in a serene way and good news in a serious way. It sort of got predictable at one point.

 

“What?” Jade said as she continued to do her maths homework that was supposed to be due today but she had forgotten.

 

“We’re transferring to Texas next week!” Jade froze and she slowly turned around to face her mother. Her father was at work.

 

Her mother always expected her to be really happy each time they transferred and sure, for a while when she was very young she didn’t mind transferring so much but now, at age 16, she minded. A lot.

 

She was 16 and didn’t have any SOLID friends. Every time she was just about to make a solid friend, her mother would suddenly announce that they were moving again! All in all, every school year, they moved more than 5 times.

 

Jade’s 16. She had no friends what so ever and doesn’t even have a boyfriend yet! Girls her age at this time was running around chasing boys and going out with boys but her? She was stuck, at home, with her mother daily and moving around every two months.

 

“Mum, I don’t want to transfer anymore! I’m sick and tired of it! Junior year is ending and I’ve been spending way too much time moving around! It’s a wonder how I still have such good grades! And I have to start getting ready for college and my SAT’s! I can’t study like this if we move around 5 times and more every year!” Jade’s mother perched on the end of her bed and gave her an apologetic smile.

 

“I know honey, which is why we’re transferring you to a new school and your father and I promise you, that this is going to be the last time we transfer you.” Jade rolled her eyes. Her parents said that to her the last time they moved which was, two months ago.

 

“Jade, this time, we’re being serious.” Her mother said, her voice serious. This time though, Jade believed her. She prayed that she was going to be right this time…

 

***

 

“Why did I choose to believe her…” Jade muttered to herself as she entered the hallway of her new school. She looked around her and was amazed by how…perfect? Was that the word she was looking for? She didn’t know…and she didn’t get the time to think about it either.

 

“GAAHHHHH! IT’S MR. KIM!!!” A group of girls shouted and soon, all the girls in the school were right by the door and Jade was getting slammed against the white lockers.

 

“What the hell…” She muttered under her breath once the stampede was over and all the girls (even the teachers!) were by the door.

 

Jade turned around and saw the top of a guy’s head with chocolate brown hair. The girls all made way for him and he waved at all the girls as he passed. Jade swear she saw that most of the girls were about to melt.

 

There was a second stampede as all the girls proceeded to follow Mr. Kim to wherever he was going to. But, fortunately, there were still some girls that had common sense and didn’t follow Mr. Kim a second time.

 

Jade turned her head back at the ending of the stampede and, as they disappeared from view, she mutter to herself,

 

“Who the hell is he and what’s so good about him…?” Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to face a really pretty girl.

 

“You’re new aren’t you?”

 

“What?” The girl sighed but not impatiently and said,

 

“Follow me. I’ll show around and then to the main office where you’ll get your schedule. I have to say though, you’re joining into Sophomore-‘

 

“Junior.”

 

She turned around and looked at her.

 

“I’m a Junior.” Jade classified.

 

The girl stared for a second and then said,

 

“NO. WAY?! Seriously?!” Jade nodded.

 

“You look really young for a Junior! Well, in that case, you might be in one of my classes!”

 

She held out her hand and said,

 

“ASB President. Hyejae Kang. Nice to meet you…” She trailed off and waited for Jade to finish her sentence.

 

Jade smiled and said, shaking her hand in Hyejae’s,

 

“Jade. Jade Young.”

 

“Wow, pretty name! Suit’s you well!” Jade smiled.

 

Maybe starting a new school in Texas wouldn’t be half as bad.

 

After about 10 minutes of a quick tour of her new school, Jade pretty had the whole school mapped in her highly intelligent brain. Practice makes perfect, Jade thought to herself. She’s moved to so many schools in the past that she’s quick at memorizing new things easily.

 

“So, this is the main office. You’ll be meeting your counselor and since your last name is Young, you should be with Mr. Kim.” Hyejae said easily and Jade eyed her oddly.

 

Noticing her glance, Hyejae’s instinct was that there was something on her face but there was none so she asked,

 

“What?”

 

“How come you’re not “melting”’ She put melting in two finger quotations and continued.

 

“At the sound of his name? I swear I saw you in the crowd when he was coming in…”

 

Hyejae laughed and said to Jade in a more quieter tone,

 

“I don’t have the hots for Mr. Kim if that’s what you’re asking.” Jade looked at her quizzically.

 

“I was just seeing if his friend was with him.” Jade looked at her quizzically again.

 

“He and his friends sometimes come to school together. I don’t exactly know why but yeah…his friends name is Lee Jinki. But I always hear Mr. Kim calling him Onew for some weird reason…” Hyejae shrugged and the bell rang. She began to walk away but then she turned around and said to Jade, bringing out her phone,

 

“What’s your number? I’ll text you after the first 20 minutes of first period are over to check what classes you’re in. Maybe I’m in some of your classes!” She hoped and Jade smiled. She happily gave her number out to her new friend and then, they waved good bye to each other.

 

Jade entered the main office and was greeted by a rush of cold air from the air conditioner. The secretary beckoned her over and once Jade told her the situation, she instantly took her to a waiting room for the counselors.

 

“You’ll be meeting with Mr. Kim.” She walked away.

 

5 minutes passed and finally, the door to her right opened and out walked Mr. Kim.

 

“Hey. You must be a new student huh? Come on it and I’ll get you a schedule, although, you’re really late coming into the school year don’t you think?” Mr. Kim talked while Jade went into his office and sat down on a chair in front of his desk.

 

“Now, looking through your transcripts, you’re a pretty good student aren’t you? Did you want to join all the AP courses or just stick to Honors?” Mr. Kim asked Jade as he went on his computer. Jade was surprised that he didn’t ask about all her previous transfers when other schools would.

 

“I’ll take AP thanks.” Jade answered and Mr. Kim nodded, pushing a few more buttons on the computer and then looked back at her.

 

“What about electives?”

 

“What electives are there?” Jade asked back. Mr. Kim laughed.

 

Jade’s heart skipped a bit. She frowned and shook her head a little before returning to what Mr. Kim was saying.

 

“…done research before you enter a new school. Here, this is a book with all the courses that this school offers. Have a flip through it and look at the course description and then get back to me okay?” Mr. Kim got up and then walked out of the office, leaving Jade there, sitting on a chair with the course book on her lap.

 

She sighed and flipped through.

 

She had already taken the one semester Physical Education as well as Health so she didn’t have to make up that. She has taken the one year of music and two years of language.

 

“So, have you chosen?” Jade yelped and jumped in her chair but was greeted by a laugh behind her.

 

Jade turned around and saw that it was Mr. Kim. She noticed that on his left chest, there was a name tag and it read, Jonghyun Kim. So Mr. Kim’s name is Jonghyun huh? Jade thought to herself.

 

“I’m guessing you’ve never had  boyfriend have you?” Mr. Kim said with an amused voice as he sat down back in front of Jade.

 

“How did you know?” Jade replied and instantly regretted asking that.

 

Mr. Kim laughed and suddenly, Jade’s hear was beating very quickly.

 

“I can just tell. So, electives…?”

 

“Oh! Right…” Mr. Kim smirked.

 

“3rd Year Japanese and Ceramics.” Mr. Kim typed that in and then printed off her schedule for the rest of the year. As Jade held onto her schedule, she heard Mr. Kim say to her,

 

“If you ever want a boyfriend, come and see me and I’ll find you a suitable guy.”

 

***

 

The school day, for once, passed by quicker than Jade had ever experienced. It turned out that her new friend Hyejae, was in every single one of her classes and she ad also introduced her to the people she hung out with.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” Hyejae waved at Jade and then walked into her car that was very close by.

 

“Cya!” Jade replied and walked off. Although she was happy that she had finally made some friends at her new school, she was starting to sulk because of the long way back home. She didn’t get the time to do the driving test when she had just turned 16 and since then, her parents kept on forgetting so she always had to walk home, whether or not it was close to the school.

 

*BEEP*

 

Jade turned around and was greeted by a smiling Mr. Kim. He opened his window and popped his head out.

 

“Get in. I have the responsibility to drive you to and fro from home from now on until you graduate.” Jade didn’t believe him. Maybe it was because she wanted to but she didn’t know if she could trust him. Mr. Kim smiled at her and waited for her patiently to get in the car. Jade sighed and finally gave in. She had been walking around the school for the whole day and she had no desire to walk home after that.

 

“Listen, don’t you dare tell my parents about this!”

 

“They were the one that asked me to so they would find it weird if you WEREN’T in the same car as me!” Mr. Kim retorted.

 

Jade sank into the leather front seat of the car and wished that she could get swallowed up from all the embarrassment…

 

“Their so dead…”

 

===================A MONTH AND A SUMMER VACATION LATER==============

 

“Jonghyun!” Jade ran up to Jonghyun on the first day of school and gave her two month boyfriend a hug. She only just saw him yesterday but she missed him already. Jonghyun laughed and whispered to her ear,

 

“I’ve missed you too.” Jade flushed. She always did when Jonghyun could tell what she was thinking.

 

“You guys, seriously! There’s someone else in the car you know!” Jade heard someone speak and stuck her head from behind Jonghyun and saw that the front seat was already occupied.

 

“Who’s that…?” Jade asked Jonghyun quietly after looking at the person in the car for a few more seconds.

 

“That’s Onew. He’s my hyung. He’s free today so he said he wants to come to school with me so he can,” Jonghyun raised his voice.

 

“Make out with is girlfriend during break!”

 

“HEY!” The guy called Onew shouted back and he blushed. Jade decided that he was cute but definitely not as cute as Onew.

 

But, Jade somehow found his name familiar sounding…?

 

“He and his friends sometimes come to school together. I don’t exactly know why but yeah…his friends name is Lee Jinki. But I always hear Mr. Kim calling him Onew for some weird reason…”

 

“I remember now!” Jade shouted out loud as she was sitting in the back seat. Onew and Jonghyun turned to face her but then Jonghyun turned his head back to the traffic and Onew asked,

 

“What do you remember?”

 

“My best friend Kang Hyejae was talking to me about you!” Onew visually blushed and e turned back around to face the front and Jonghyun laughed.

 

“Why are you laughing Jonghyun?!” Jonghyun laughed some more and then he cleared his throat and began to speak.

 

“His girlfriend is Kang Hyejae!” Jade’s eye rounded and she said,

 

“Really?!” Onew nodded slowly.

 

“Woah…” Jade said as she sunk back into her seat.

 

“She didn’t tell me…”

 

“Yeah, because she doesn’t really like it when the whole world knows her business. She likes keeping her relationships private and very little people know.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“Then how do you know?” Jonghyun laughed and then, he put his hand on Onew’s shoulder and said,

 

“My friend here, doesn’t do a very good job at secret keeping unfortunately.” Onew hit Jonghyun’s hand away and didn’t say anything but just blushed madly.

 

They arrived at school.

 

Suddenly, Jade was worried. She didn’t know how everyone would react to her sudden change and relationship with the schools hottest counselor and she was only new.

 

Jonghyun slipped his hand in hers and then whispered in her ear,

 

“I’ll protect you. I promise.” Jade looked up and smiled and then, they both walked in…

 

=======================A SCHOOL YEAR LATER=========================

 

“Finally, it is time to announce the ASB Graduates of 2011 who as done so much, for their grade and their high school. Hyejae Kang, President. Jade Young, Vice President…” The principal finished announcing the graduates of ASB, handed them their diploma’s and then asked the president and vice president to give a short speech.

 

Jade went first.

 

“First, I would like to say a quick thank you to my family. They’ve transferred me a lot in the past but I’m thankful for them not transferring me anymore after this school. Secondly, I would like to thank all my teachers and fellow students for making me finally feel that I belong to a school community and finally, I would like to thank my first friend, Hyejae Kang, for, being my first friend and helping me fit in. Thank you all for such a wonderful Senior year and I’ll be sure to visit often!” Everyone clapped and some people whooped then Jade and Hyejae hugged each other and Jade walked off stage for Hyejae’s speech.

 

Jade walked out however, of the auditorium and went outside.

 

She was told to go outside once her speech was done by Jonghyun and yet he was no where to be seen.

 

“Jonghyun? Where are you? Jong- AH!” A pair of hands covered her eyes and a familiar voice said close to her ear,

 

“Guess who?” Jade giggled and said,

 

“Mr. Kim! The school’s hottest counselor! Jade’s boyfriend.” Jade replied. The hands went away and Jade turned to face Jonghyun who was smiling at her lovingly.

 

“Congratulations on your graduation!” Jonghyun said to her with a smile and Jade smiled back.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Neither of them said anything for a moment and then, Jonghyun put his hands into his pocket and tried to dig something out while speaking.

 

“I didn’t know what to get you for your graduation so I-“

 

“You didn’t have to get me anything!”

 

“Went to my favorite jewelry store,” Jade’s eyes widened. Jonghyun’s favorite jewelry store was Swarovski!

 

“And got you a gift.” He finally pulled it out and it was a necklace with a small white gold star with a small diamond in the middle that was at the end of a thin golden chain. Jade grasped her hand on and stared at it.

 

“I hope you like it?” Jonghyun asked her but before she answered, her undid the clasp and went behind her to put it on for her.

 

“It looks really good on you.” Jonghyun said quietly when he was finally done redoing the clasp and had turned Jade around to see it. Jade picked up the delicate pedant and she felt a carve of words behind it. She turned it around and saw 3 Korean (?) characters that said,

 

“SA RANG HAE”

 

Jade looked up at Jonghyun and said to him,

 

“What does this mean…?”

 

Jonghyun smiled and hugged her. Into her ear, he whispered the words,

 

“Saranghae…”Jade frowned. She didn’t know what the words meant! Jonghyun laughed and then answered her question.

 

“It mean’s I love you.” Jade’s mouth formed and ‘o’ shape. After a moment of thought, she replied back.

 

“Ai shi teru.”

 

Jonghyun let go of her and said,

 

“I know what that means!” Jade pouted.

 

Jonghyun smiled at her again and the pulled her in for another hug.

 

“I love you Jade.”

 

 ================================THE END==================================

 

A/N: hey~ im really sorry xD its really long >< i got too into it~ bian~