Confession with Soju

SHINee is LOVE [apply] {Reopening}

to nanie92~ hope u enjoy this one-shot ^^

 

***

 

 

Onew walked down the aisle towards the main stage of his concert, his hand holding onto the microphone and his sweet voice drifting into the microphone, out of the speakers that were everywhere, making his voice amplified.

 

When he finally was back at the main stage, he turned around and s were next to him. The song they were singing finished and they bowed.

 

It was time to go.

 

Neither of them wanted to leave this stage.

 

They had worked hard, yeah, for this concert to be perfect and they have made it beyond perfect. They had done everything they could.

 

“Thank you all for supporting SHINee!” Key said into the microphone and that caused a wave of scream. All the SHINee members smiled.

 

“SHINee World! I LOVE YOU!” Taemin shouted out and another scream, even bigger than the first one, erupted.

 

“It’s time for us to leave, and we hope that this concert was good for all of you!” Jonghyun next said. They had rehearsed the same line over and over again backstage that Onew was starting to get sick of it.

 

Next, was Minho.

 

“We’ve all enjoyed performing in front of you, did you all have fun?” Minho shouted out and immediately there was a unison response,

 

“NE!” Onew laughed like he was supposed to.

 

“KAMSAHAMNIDA SHINee WORLD!” The fans exploded and they bowed and then turned around and walked off stage.

 

***

 

Lee Nanie stood off stage, watching SHINee say their goodbyes and hearing the fans yell and scream, telling them not to go. Nanie was watching SHINee but, every few seconds, her eyes would wander to the back of the one guy, she had loved all her life.

 

Onew.

 

Lee Jinki.

 

Her spectacles slid down her face and she automatically slid it back up. She smiled as Onew said the last line and the five of them turned around. They walked towards her. Nanie had her eyes on Onew the whole time but he was talking to his friends happily.

 

Finally, Onew noticed Nanie and gave her a wave. He ran towards her and gave her a big hug.

 

Nanie’s heart was bout to burst and she hugged him back.

 

Onew broke away from her and said,

 

“Did you like our performance?! Were we good?!” Nanie laughed.

 

“Of course! You’re SHINee!” The SHINee members laughed and then they began to walk off, back to their dressing rooms but Onew and Nanie slowed down. Nanie took out a water bottle and gave it to Onew with a small smile.

 

“You’re thirsty aren’t you?” Onew smiled and took it gratefully. He chugged it and in less than a second, he was done with the whole bottle. He took the lid from her and threw it in the bin as they walked past. Nanie wasn’t surprised.

 

“You know, you know me so well Nanie.” Onew said as they were right outside Onew’s dressing room. They entered together and Onew sat down while Nanie took our her make-up case and began to take the make-up off Onew’s innocent face.

 

“That’s because we’ve been friends since birth?” Nanie suggested and they both laughed. Nanie worked quietly and Onew didn’t make a sound.

 

When she was finally done, Onew opened his eyes and looked at her weirdly. Nanie noticed his gaze and looked back at him.

 

“What?” Nanie asked and Onew cocked his head to the right.

 

“How old are you?” Nanie really wanted to smack him!

 

“When are you born?” Nanie retorted.

 

“14th December 1989.” Onew innocently replied.

 

“When am I born?” Nanie asked again as she walked over to the clothes rack and took down Onew’s casual clothing.

 

“14th December 1990.”

 

“How old are you?” Nanie asked as she handed Onew’s clothes back to him, pointing to the separate room to their left and telling him to change.

 

“22.” Onew replied as he got up and walked into that small room.

 

“How old am I then?” Nanie asked as she heard Onew changing.

 

“2…1…” Onew replied quietly as what she was doing dawned on him.

 

“Right. Does that answer your question?” Nanie asked as she sat down on the couch in the room and waited for Onew to come out. Onew didn’t say anything for a moment and when he came out with his performing clothes on his arm, he said,

 

“No, not really. That wasn’t really my question.” Nanie got up and took the clothes from him, walking over to the laundry basket next to the clothing rack and putting it in. She turned towards him and with her hands on her hip, she asked,

 

“Then…? What is?” She asked as she picked up her shoulder bag, her make-up case and walked towards the door, waiting for Onew to get his belongings.

 

“How come you don’t have a boyfriend yet?” Onew finally asked as Nanie was holding the door out to him.

 

She froze.

 

She didn’t want to answer that.

 

She never wanted to…

 

She didn’t move from the position of the door opener and when Onew finally realised that she was still there, he turned to her and said,

 

“What’s wrong?” Nanie woke up from her daydream and said while closing the door,

 

“Nothing…nothing…” She walked off, not bother waiting for Onew like she did before.

 

“Hey! Wait for me Nanie!” Onew said and ran to her. Nanie didn’t wait because she didn’t want to face up to that question. Neither of them said anything as they walked out of the arena in Seoul and into the open where the fresh air hit them.

 

“So…are you going to answer my question…?” Onew prompt as they both walked off.

 

Onew had told s that he would be leaving without them to celebrate with his childhood friend Nanie. They heartedly agreed.

 

Nanie didn’t say anything…

 

“I…I’ve liked this guy for a very long time…but he doesn’t know my feelings for him…and I don’t want to tell him…” That was the closet Nanie could come to ever telling Onew that she liked him.

 

But, being him, he didn’t catch the hint.

 

“Oh! Do I know him?!” Nanie shook her head.

 

She was sad that he didn’t catch the hint but she was also glad. She didn’t want her feelings for Onew to ruin their years of friendship that had been built through tears, anger and happiness.

 

Nanie’s spectacles slid off her face again and she pushed it back up.

 

“You really should just get contacts.” Onew said when he saw her do that. Nanie smiled and shook her head again.

 

“You know better than anyone that I hate them.” Onew shrugged.

 

“It’s going to make your life easier though rather than every five seconds pushing them up!” He imitated her, earning him a playful slap from his best friend.

 

Like that, they laughed and went off to celebrate the 1st of January, 2011 and SHINee’s first solo concert in Seoul, South Korea.

 

***

 

Onew poured Nanie a small cup of Soju and himself an equally small one. He put the bottle down and raised the cup while a little bit of the liquid inside split and ran down his hands and onto the table. He didn’t care.

 

“TO SHINee!” He toasted and Nanie laughed.

 

“To SHINee.” She said and took a small sip. She was never the person for Soju. But, Onew is.

 

After another 7 cups of Soju, he was drunk. Nanie poked him and said,

 

“Onew? Are you done?” Onew didn’t stir.

 

Nanie looked around her and was grateful to see that no one was around except the boss of the place who was sitting there, reading a book. She sighed and propped her elbow on the table and just stared at Onew’s face.

 

“You know Onew…” Nanie began with a whisper.

 

“I’ve always loved you…” Nanie said and suddenly, she felt her heart lighten. She smiled at herself and lay her head down on her arms and continued just as quietly,

 

“You’re smile always makes my heart beat…you’re voice always penetrates my heart and when you care about me…I feel so happy…I wish we could be together…but…we can’t right…? We’re friends…” At that, Nanie choked back her tears.

 

“I don’t want to ruin our 20 and more years of friendship…so…let’s pretend that this didn’t happen…and I’ll always be by your side…”

 

***

 

Onew’s eyes snapped open when he felt Nanie leave. He got up slowly, dazed at what had just happened.

 

She likes me…she likes me…Onew said to himself over and over again. He put his hands on his face and left them there.

 

Suddenly, images of her smiling at him filled his eyes. From the very beginning when they had met each other to now. She had always been here for him.

 

When SM Entertainment needed to get him a new make-up artist and stylist, she had taken on the job just to be with him…

 

She had done so much for him and he had never realised her feelings…

 

Suddenly, what she said just as they left the arena drifted into his ears.

 

“I…I’ve liked this guy for a very long time…but he doesn’t know my feelings for him…and I don’t want to tell him…”

 

Onew stood up and ran out of the shop towards the direction of Nanie’s apartment home.

 

***

 

Nanie plugged in her earphones and scrolling down her iPod touch, she chose the song that Onew had especially recorded for her so it was just his voice drifting through the earphones and into her ears.

 

Suddenly, before the song even got to the beginning chorus, Nanie felt a pair of hands grab her and turn her around sharply.

 

“Wha-“

 

Her eyes rounded when she saw that it was Onew. He had been running.

 

His mouth was moving but Nanie couldn’t hear what he was saying. She removed the earphones and said,

 

“What?” Onew looked at her incredulously but he started again.

 

“I heard everything.” Nanie froze.

 

“What…?” She said so quietly that she couldn’t even hear herself…

 

“I wasn’t really drunk…I was just pretending…” Onew explained.

 

Suddenly, Nanie was crying. She hit him on his arms and said,

 

“Why! Why were you pretending! Why couldn’t you be awake! If you were awake I would never have done something as stupid as-“ She never got to finish her sentence though.

 

Onew was hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know…I’m sorry…” Nanie couldn’t say anything but just crying onto his shoulder and hugging him back.

 

When he finally let go of her, Nanie had her head down and was violently trying to wipe her tears away but Onew lifted up her chin and smiled down to her,

 

“I won’t ever make you cry again…I won’t ever be so dim again…I promise…” He said quietly.

 

Nanie just stared at him and then, nodded.

 

He took a step closer to her and kissed her forehead.

 

“I love you Nanie…” He whispered.

 

Nanie stared at him and then, she hugged him. To his heard, she whispered back,

 

“I love you too…Jinki.”