Cherries

SHINee is LOVE [apply] {Reopening}

A/N: I FINISHED THIS IN TWO HOURS! and now my brain is D.E.A.D!!! TT oh wells, its all worth it if u all forgive me >< xxx enjoy ^^

~

To thelucifer~ please tell me that this is as good as the other onee ><

***

 

Jeo Yonghan peered into the dancing studio to see if anyone was there practicing.

She sighed in relief when there was no one and she stepped into the studio.

Being a trainee for SM was harder than she thought. She could rap well. Just like TOP. But she was lacking in the dancing skills which made her having a hard time to actually finally debut onto the stage she’s been waiting for all along.

She can never get this dancing thing right!

No even the simplest of dances like SHINee’s Replay!

She put the disk for Replay in and began to try to dance to it.

But she just couldn’t get it right!

No even the most basic sliding step!

She fell herself down in frustration and lay up for awhile, thinking about how she could pass her in-company audition to debut in a girl group that was only 3 days away!

 

“You know, laying down there isn’t going to get you anywhere.” Suddenly, a voice more than familiar got her up in a start. She looked around and saw SHINee, all 5 of them, standing in the doorway, one smirking, one smiling, one looking bored, one interested, and one playing with his hair.

Jonghyun walked towards Yonghan and she got up hurriedly.

She bowed to her sunbae.

“An-annyeonghaseyo su-sunbae-nim!” She heard his laugh and she didn’t dare look at him.

She knew all around that most of the girls who was here loved SHINee to bits. She wasn’t going to lie.

She loves them too.

But the one she loved wasn’t Jonghyun.

But…

She peeked on the other side at the one who was interested.

“-are you dancing to?”

“Wh-what?” She stumbled as she didn’t hear the first part of the question. Suddenly, she felt a presence run past her and before she even got a time to register what had just happened and who that was, SHINee’s Replay was playing.

Yonghan could tell that all 5 members of SHINee was surprised that she was dancing to their song.

Key gained his posture the quickest.

“You’re dancing to our song huh?”

Yonghan nodded, praying that what she hoped wouldn’t come next-

“Dance to it for us.” She cringed at the request.

“Um…I actually…I actually have to…”

“Oh, come on! The chorus is coming up! Just dance to the chorus?” Onew suggested stepping up to Jonghyun who was smiling encouragingly, a completely different aura surrounding him from before.

Indeed, the chorus was coming up.

But Yonghan couldn’t dance in front of them. She couldn’t dance at all! How could she-

“Hey, don’t worry.” She turned and saw her favourite member of SHINee, Maknae Taemin. She felt her heart quicken and she prayed to herself that she wasn’t blushing at the moment (she can’t tell whether or not she’s blushing so that’s why she’s praying).

She looked at the other 4 SHINee members who was staring at her, waiting for her to dance. The chorus was looming closer and closer.

She decided to just admit.

She turned to Taemin and quickly whispered to his ear,

“I can’t dance!” She turned back to SHINee and saw their look of confusion.

She didn’t know how the dancing machine of SHINee was going to react. He would probably scoff her for being a trainee of SM but not being able to dance. He was the dancer of the group after all.

She closed her eyes in dread and waited for the verdiction.

But none came.

She turned around slowly and saw Taemin’s eyes calculating, then, he opened his mouth and spoke.

“Hyung!” SHINee turned their attention to their maknae.

The chorus had begun.

“I was thinking that maybe she could show us something she’s good at? Maybe she’s good a rapping.” At this Minho’s eyes began to shine.

Yonghan smiled at Taemin thankfully.

“Well…I guess…but I still want to see her dancing to our debut song!” Yonghan cringed at Key’s persistence-ness.

“Hyung! Then at least let me check it out first and then let her show you guys? You know how your criticism always makes our future hoobae’s cry!” Taemin said, scolding his hyung.

Key sighed. He couldn’t rebut that. He had made countless numbers of girls and boys alike with his honesty and none of those ended well. (They all quit after Key said something bad about their singing, rapping or whatever they are good at.)

“Arasso. Let’s go outside and wait a few minutes then.” Key said and pulled Jonghyun with him.

Jonghyun pouted. Onew and Minho followed, leaving Taemin and Yonghan alone in the dance studio.

She turned to her sunbae the very second the door closed with a soft click.

“KAMSAHAMNIDA SUNBAE!” She said with a low bow.

“Hey, don’t thank me yet. Key hyung is very particular about people dancing to our song. He’s going to talk and elaborate on your mistakes as much as possible and if you tell him that you can’t dance, he’s going to personally make your trainee days living hell! Now, can you dance to ANY of our song?”

Yonghan shook her head in dismay.

“Maybe I should quit…I knew this was going to be hopeless…”

“NO! Don’t! Can you at least do this?” He showed her the slide step move but she shook her head, willing herself not to cry.

“Okay, in that case, I’ll teach you that bit and when the song goes at the beginning, I’ll talk to my hyung’s and drag them out for as long as possible until the chorus and then you dance at the chorus and then you stop and then I hustle them out. How’s that?”

Yonghan nodded in relief. She was glad someone was here to take control!

Taemin began to teach her.

*20 Minutes Later, after 20 failures*

“YAH! LEE TAEMIN! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO LOOK AT HER DANCE?!” That was the 10th time when Key had banged on the door Taemin had locked up.

“SOON!”

Taemin put the chorus on again and watched at Yonghan danced to it flawlessly with a big smile on her face.

For some weird reason, he blushed at the site of her smiling so widely, and at him too!

“Okay. Let’s do this!” Taemin said. He and Yonghan did a high-5 and then she went to go open the door to her impatient sunbae’s.

*

“Okay. From the beginning.” Key said, sitting down on a chair he had pulled out, his arms crossed on his chest.

Yonghan thought that he was one of those strict judges, waiting to fail everyone!

Taemin began to talk as planned but every time he tried, he was stopped by Key’s hand.

“I want to see the girl dance.”

The song was playing and there was a few more lines before the chorus…if only Taemin could hold it out…

Key put his hand on Taemin’s mouth to shut him up. His grip was tight and he couldn’t budge.

“Dance.” Key said with a raised eyebrow, waiting for Yonghan to move. But, she couldn’t.

She was only flexible at rapping but definitely not at dancing. She looked at her SHINee sunbae’s and finally caught the eye of Onew.

She pleaded him for help with her eyes and he seemed to understand.

The chorus…

“Yah, Key-“

“Oh, my God! Why is no one letting me see her dance?!”

The chorus began.

And Yonghan began to dance.

Flawlessly.

The chorus ended quicker than Yonghan thought and she stopped in position.

“Why did you stop?” Key demanded, but his eyes were surprised and satisfied at the same time.

“I wanted to stop.” She wanted to be honest. That was the only way she could fight against the King of Honesty.

Key didn’t say anything.

Finally, he let go of a proud (teacher) Taemin and then got up. He left and the SHINee members began to follow suit.

Before leaving, Onew gave her a wink.

In the end, it was only Yonghan and Taemin again. She smiled at him and then bowed again,

“Kamsahamnida!” She straightened up and then added,

“Taemin seonsaegnim!” He smiled and then ruffled her short hair and then walked out.

*

Jeo Yonghan had finally passed the in-company test and was getting ready to debut! But, she was still worried about her dancing.

However, finally being able to debut gave her advantages and one of them was that she got her personal dancing teacher who knew about her dancing skills and taught her patiently.

One day, Yonghan was back at the dancing studio where she had first danced to Replay’s chorus perfectly with Taemin’s help. She was to practice a dancing routine her teacher had given her.

It was for just in case in variety shows, the MC’s would ask her to dance for them.

She put on the music and began to dance.

When she was finally done, she heard clapping and turned to see a smiling Taemin.

Suddenly, Yonghan realised that Taemin was so thin! Before, when she is his face, she could never really notice his weight but now, being so up close with him in person, she saw how “sticky” his legs were.

“Looks like you don’t need me anymore huh?” Taemin said jokingly when he finally reached her.

Yonghan didn’t say anything but just smiled as another song played from the CD player.

“Wanna battle?” Taemin asked as his hands began to move in front of him and soon, so was his body and his legs.

Yonghan shook her head.

She was improving, no doubt but she was never going to be able to catch up or match up with Taemin. No matter what.

“Oh come on!” Taemin said after he saw that she hadn’t moved.

Yonghan shook her head with a smile and just crossed her hands on her chest.

She saw Taemin pout and for once, she didn’t really think that it was cute. For some reason, it was starting to bother her!

Without her realising though, Taemin had his arms around Yonghan’s waist and was reeling her in.

“Wait, what-“

Taemin’s soft and small lips landed on her own with a split second and then they separated. Just that one second got Yonghan’s heart beating like crazy!

“That’s your punishment for not having a battle with me!” Yonghan didn’t say anything because by the time she had recollected her thoughts, Taemin was already out the door, as if nothing had happened!

*

They finally debuted. Her and two other girls, making a group of 3.

They day after their debut, they walked in SM Entertainment and everyone they encountered gave them their congratulations.

“Yah, Yonghan-ssi!” She turned around and her heart skipped a beat as she saw Taemin skip towards her with a bright smile on his face. He lopped his hands around her waist and pulled her towards him and without any warning, he took her some where but, not before he shouted out,

“WE ARE DATING!”

*

Taemin rubbed the back of his head in his car and turned to see an angry Yonghan look at him in disgrace.

“YAH! I JUST DEBUTED! DO YOU WANT ME TO GAIN MILLIONS OF ANTI-FANS BEFORE I EVEN GET FAMOUS?!”

Taemin gave her an apologetic smile but then said,

“Please?”

“No.”

“Oh come on!”

“No.”

“Je bal?”

“NO.”

“Bai tuo?” [Chinese – please]

“NO.”

“Dekudasai?” [Japanese – please]

“NO! What part of NO do you not under-“

Taemin kissed Yonghan lightly again. When their lips separated again, he said one last time,

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

“Erugh…I hate cherries now…”

Taemin laughed and hugged Yonghan.

“I love cherries. But, I love you even more!”