Gardening Love

SHINee is LOVE [apply] {Reopening}

To nadya1989~ hope it's good for you xD

***

“Haewon! Open the door please! It’s the gardener I hired!” Haewon sighed and got up from her position in the garden. She put her book mark on where she just got up to and went to the door.

 

She opened the door and there, standing in front of her was the jock of her school: Choi Minho.

 

They stared at each other for a slight second and then, he said,

 

“Can I come in?” Haewon dazed for a second and then stood aside.

 

“Yeah…sure…” He smiled at her and then walked past her into her house. Haewon honestly thought she was going to melt from that smile.

 

When she finally gained her posture, she closed the door and then walked back out into the garden. She wasn’t going to let that jock get to her. She picked up her book and continued where she left off.

 

The slide door off the kitchen opened and Haewon looked up to see her mother and Choi Minho talking. Her mother was telling Minho what she wanted to change in the garden.

 

“It might take a week or so to finish all that Mrs. Lee.” Minho said when Haewon’s mother was finally done speaking.

 

“That’s fine. Take as long as you want. I wouldn’t mind doing it myself except I’m really busy at the moment and can’t take any time off work. Sorry for troubling you,” Haewon’s mother turned to her and said to her daughter,

 

“Haewon, this is the gardener I hired. He’s going to be here everyday for the next week so make him feel welcome okay? Your dad and I need to go away for the next few days for a short business trip. I told you remember?” Haewon nodded.

 

“We’re leaving in about an hour so I’m going to go finish up my packing.” She turned back to Minho and said,

 

“I’ll be back in time to pay you.” Minho smiled that charming smile and said,

 

“It’s fine. I see your daughter at school so I can always ask her for it.” Haewon’s mother looked at Minho and then back at Haewon.

 

“You know each other-“

 

“HONEY! ARE YOU DONE YET?!” Haewon’s father shouted from upstairs.

 

“I’M COMING!” Haewon’s mother shouted again and then turned back to Minho with an apologectic smile.

 

“I have to go. I’m sure you’ll do a good job.”

 

“Thanks.” Minho replied with the compliment and Haewon’s mother left Minho and Haewon alone.

 

Minho walked into the garden and looked around for a second and began to work, pulling up weeds. Haewon didn’t want to get distracted. She was reading the good bit of the book. She pulled out her iPod from beneath her and began to plug it in.

 

As she was choosing the song, she heard a voice.

 

“You don’t want to talk to me huh?” She looked up and saw Minho sneering at her. Haewon wanted to rebut but she chose to ignore him.

 

-Ayyy Girl, DJ Eon Remix, JYJ-

 

She put the volume on as loud as her ears could take it and continued reading her book.

 

An hour later, she felt a familiar presence hovering above her and saw that it was her mother. She was speaking but Haewon couldn’t hear what she was saying! Haewon’s mother smiled down at her, kissed her on the cheek and then left, also giving Minho a wave.

 

Haewon watched as her mother and father leave, leaving her and Minho together. She sighed. She was regretting plugging in her iPod because she didn’t hear what her mother said. She sighed again and then went back to reading when she saw that her parent’s car left her view.

 

Another hour passed and then suddenly, Minho was looming above her. Haewon looked up and waited for him to speak. Instead, he pulled her earphones out before speaking. Not gently either.

 

“OW!” Haewon shouted out.

 

“What the hell?!” She shouted at him and rubbed her ears with her hands. She felt Minho trying to laugh but not laughing. She gave him a glare and then said harshly,

 

“What do you want?!”

 

“I’m hungry.” Haewon looked up at him with a frown and said,

 

“So? I’m not.” She tried to go back reading but her book was snatched away. Minho lifted the book over to his eyes and then said,

 

“What the hell? What kind of a book are you reading? Ha! It’s a romance book! What, you want a romance like this book?” Haewon clenched her fist and stood up.

 

She snatched her book back from Minho and said, her voice clenched. She tried to stop her tears but they wouldn’t stop. Minho’s smile froze when he saw that she was crying.

 

“Wha-“ He began.

 

Haewon slapped him.

 

“Don’t insult it. It’s my life and I can live it which ever way I want it to!” Haewon shouted at him and then ran out of the garden up to her blue bedroom.

 

She fell onto the bed and began to cry.

 

She didn’t know how long she was there for but she knew that she was there long enough. She got up and wiped her tears away. She picked up her mobile from next to her pillow and began to dial her friends number when she heard a knock on her door.

 

With her parents gone, she knew who it was.

 

“Go away!” She shouted at the door and then was about to press the call button when a sincere and remorseful voice drifted to her,

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make fun of you! I just…” Minho trailed off and Haewon waited him to finish his sentence. But, he never did. Haewon was curious as to what he wanted to say so she got up from her bed, leaving her phone and book on her bed and opened the door cautiously.

 

“You just what…?” Haewon said through the crack of the door. She saw Minho’s eyes flicker to her own and suddenly, she felt her heart pick up it’s beat.

 

“I just wanted to talk to you…” He said in that same quiet voice.

 

Haewon didn’t know how to react!

 

No guy had ever said something like that to her before! Haewon opened the door now and said, her voice unsteady,

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

***

 

The days after that passed by with little tears and tons of laughter.

 

Haewon would work with Minho to fix the garden and even though their progress was slow because they would always get distracted, the garden was picking up and looking prettier than before…

 

“AH! Stop it!” Haewon said, her head turned the other way and her hands behind her. Her hair and clothes were soaked. Minho was spraying water at her. She ran around her large garden as Minho continued spraying water on her.

 

“Stop it!” She shouted out again, giggling.

 

Minho laughed. That deep and shy laugh that Haewon had grown to love.

 

Suddenly, the water stopped getting sprayed on her and instead, she felt two strong and tanned arms wrap around her waist. She felt another body press up against her back and her breathing stopped.

 

“You have such a sweet laugh…” Minho whispered to her ear. Haewon shivered. Maybe it was the cold or maybe it was because of the words that Minho spoke.

 

“I…have to go and get changed…you should change too…I’ll go and find some clothes from my dad’s wardrobe and lend it to you…” Haewon said quietly, making the excuse to leave Minho’s embrace.

 

She ran up to her parent’s room and slammed the door behind her.

 

“No…no way…he’s a player…he says that to every girl…I’m just a fling…his play toy and he didn’t mean those words…he just wants to play…” Despite the words that Haewon used to persuade herself, she wouldn’t even believe the words she was saying to herself.

 

She sighed and went into her dad’s part of the wardrobe and then picked out a few plain t-shirts. She opened the door and gasped.

 

Minho was standing in front of her, his chest bare!

 

She screwed her eyes shut and pushed the t-shirts onto him.

 

“You can change in my parent’s room!” She said and then ran off into her room before she even gave Minho a chance to speak. She slammed the door behind her and dropped onto the ground.

 

“Oh, my God! What am I going to do…what am I-“ The image of Minho standing bare chested in front of her came into her vision and she screamed.

 

She heard a banging on her door.

 

“Haewon! Are you okay?! Why are you screaming?!” Haewon cursed herself.

 

“Nothing! Nothing…umm…My parents are coming back tonight so do you think you can finish before they come back? I have some homework I need to finish so…”

 

“Oh…okay…I thought that maybe you could finish it with me…” Haewon cringed at the sound of his voice and she felt her heart shatter.

 

“I’m sorry…I really need to finish my homework…”

 

“That’s fine…I’ll go finish up then…” Minho replied, his voice sounding disappointed.

 

Haewon heard his footsteps retreat and breathed a sigh of relief. She got up and went into her private bathroom and took a shower.

 

“I have to forget…I have to forget…”

 

***

 

Haewon was just about to find the answer to the math question when she heard a knock on her door. She checked the clock on her wall. 5.56pm. She stretched and found that it was dark already. Her parents were coming back in 6 hours.

 

She got up and opened the door. Minho was wearing his own shirt now so Haewon guessed that it had dried. When her eyes met Minho’s, her blushed as the image of that afternoon relived itself into her eyes.

 

“Y-yes…” She stammered as she looked away, anywhere besides his eyes.

 

“Close your eyes.” Minho said. Haewon looked up, confused.

 

“Close your eyes.” Minho said again.

 

“Why?” Haewon questions.

 

“Just close your eyes.” Haewon frowned and then reluctantly did what she was told. She felt his hand take her own and began to guide her down the stairs. She knew she was going to the garden, she just didn’t know why.

 

“Okay, you can open your eyes now.” Minho said, his voice so close to her ears. She opened her eyes slowly and when they rested on what was before her, she gasped, her hands covering .

 

“Wha-“ She began but Minho was standing in front of her and said quietly,

 

“Will you go out with me?” Haewon looked at Minho for a second and didn’t know what to say.

 

“I’ll understand if you don’t want to…” Minho said a second after, his voice hurt.

 

Haewon finally gained her posture and looked at Minho. She hugged him and she knew she had taken Minho by surprised because he didn’t react for a second but then he hugged her back.

 

“I love you. Although I haven’t exactly know you for a very long time…this week is the best week of my life…I love you Lee Haewon.” Haewon smiled.

 

“I never thought I would say this but…” She pulled away from Minho’s chest and looked up at Minho.

 

In a quiet voice, she finished her sentence.

 

“I love you too Choi Minho.”