love letter 2.0: let's get to know each other

BtoB Ilhoon Fanfic: Falling For The Unknown

 

POV Ilhoon~~~~

                “I can’t believe I just winked and pointed at her… what a dumb thing to do.” I muttered under my breath as I walk out of the store. Whilst I’m walking, I take my phone out and stare at Tylie’s number. “I shouldn’t text her already… right?” I say to myself, occasionally looking up to make sure I do not bump into people. “Ty…lie… TAAAYYY~… LEEEEE~? I think that’s how… you say it… right?” I could feel myself making stupid facial expressions as I try to say her name. I scratch on my chin thinking to myself, “Aish! I should have asked her but… I didn’t want to come off being rude or something.” I rub my eyebrow and sigh in my own failure at trying to get to know this girl. Hopefully when I get back to the house, one of the guys will help me how to say her name properly by the time we hang out.

When I reach the door and put my hand out to twist the knob, it’s already turning. The door swings open. “Ilhoon, where in the hell have you been most of the day?!” Eunkwang says loudly. “YAH!” he shakes me. “Ah! I was at the mall, I was at the mall~ let me go.” I yell at him, pushing him to the side to get into the dorm. I shimmy out of my coat and hang it up then plot down on the couch. “You go there every other day and you NEVER come back with ANYTHING!” Eunkwang points to me whilst he wears a face of confusion. “I can’t just go there for lunch?” I say calmly and put my hat on my face as I slump down more into the couch. “But you’re there for more than 2 hours! It doesn’t take you more than 2 hours to eat food!”  I hear his footsteps get closer to me. “Do you have a girlfriend?” I move my hat to look at him then I sit up. “Speaking of that, can you pronounce something for me?” I dig in my pocket and get my phone out. “Can you say this name for me?” I hold the phone up to him and he stares at me. “You DO have a girlfriend!” he jumps on me and hits me playfully, repeatedly. “I DON’T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!” I scream at him. He keeps hitting me and Minhyuk pulls him off of me. “What’s going on in here?!” he says looking at Eunkwang and I. “He has a girlfriend!” Eunkwang points at me, breathing heavily. Minhyuk’s eyes widen and he looks at me, “Really?” I shake my head, “No, I don’t have a girlfriend. I met a girl though and I just need to know how to say her name properly.” I hold my phone out in front of Minhyuk and he looks at it. “TAY-LEE or TY-LEE.” He says looking at me. “You couldn’t pronounce it?” I take my phone out of his sight and shove it in my back pocket as I walk to my room. “I just wanted to hear YOU say.”

POV Tylie~~~~

I look at my phone and stare at Ilhoon’s number in my phone. “Are you staring at it again Ty?” Sunny puts her chin on my shoulder and put my phone to my chest. “I wasn’t staring at anything.” I reply back quickly to her. “Uh-huh” she says slyly as she nudges my arm. “Come on, we’re getting ready to close up.” I nod as I hear the click-clacking of her heels fade away. While I walk to the back to put my scarf on, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull out and unlock it. “One New Message from…ILHOON?!?!?!?” I gasp with both shock and excitement. Sunny pops her head in the room, “Everything okay in here?”

“Y-Y-Yes! I thought I saw a spider or something so I squealed.” I say with a chuckle.

“Oh~ well there’s no spider… right?” she says whilst looking at me over top her sunglasses. She always wore her sunglasses at night.

“There are no spiders at all!” I say while shoving my phone in my purse.

“Good!” she says with relief. “Let’s go; come on.” She grabs my left arm while I had one arm in my coat. “Let me put my coat on first~” I say playfully then she let’s go of my hand; allowing me to put my arm in and button up my coat. I swing my purse to my shoulder and we both walk out of the store. We reach up and put the gate down together then she locks it. We both laugh and walk with each other through the mall until we reach the parking lot. “It’s so cold!” she says while she jumps up and down trying to get some type of warmth through her body. I snuggle my chin and mouth until my thick scarf, trying to find some heat to get back to my face. “I parked over here.” I pointed over to the right. “Okay~ I’ll talk to you tomorrow morning.” I nodded to her with a smile and wave at her with both hands. We both scurry over to our cars. I look for my keys in my purse and unlock my car. I open the door and jump in quickly. Almost immediately, I start up the car and put the heat on. I swing my purse into the passenger’s seat and put my head on the steering wheel. “… its freezing.” I say putting my hands in front of the vent trying to warm them.

My phone vibrates again in my purse. I lift the flap of my purse and pull my phone out. I unlock my phone and it reads, “Two New Messages from Jung Ilhoon” I mumble to myself and rub my forehead then exhale and press open. I look at the look at the first message that says, “Hey! Did you get off of work yet?” Instantly, I felt my cheeks get red. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t believe he sent me a text already. I mean, usually I’m the one that’s all up under someone’s nose when I first get their number. I look at the second text and it says, “I’m sorry >.< I probably seem really desperate but I’m really excited that I met you today. I hope you get home safely. Have a good night. ^. ^” I never wanted to kick something so badly in my life after reading a text message. I didn’t want to do it out of anger, but I wanted to do it out of how cute he was acting…ALREADY. I didn’t know what I should say to me. I put my elbows on the steering wheel, pushed my glasses up, and groaned into my hands. “WHAT THE !!!” I say loudly. “WHAT DO I SAY TO THIS?!” I continue to groan into my hands trying to come up with a reasonably response.

I push my nose back down over my eyes and sigh loudly as I look back at the message and get my thumbs ready to text back. “What should I say…” I think to myself. I rub my eyebrow lightly with my thumb and start typing a message that says, “Hey! I’m sorry I didn’t reply back soon. I just got off of work now. I know I’m sending this a little late at night but I hope I didn’t wake you. Sleep well. ^^” I press send then toss my phone into the seat. I put my seat belt on and finally back out of the parking spot. While driving, I hear my phone buzz again. “I always get a message while I’m on the highway.” I ignore it for now and continue driving until I get home.

I drive into my parking space in front of my apartment. I turn the car off then grab my purse and my phone and rush over to the door. As my hands are flicking through my many anime key chains, I find my house key. “Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up.” I mumble to myself repeatedly as I’m trying to unlock the door and close it to not lead the cold upstairs. I run up the stairs and my coat as I walk into my room. I throw my purse on the bed and shrug my coat off my shoulders. “Oh yeah, I got a message!” I drop my coat off, rushing over to my phone; hoping that it was Ilhoon. I plop down on my bed and unlock it. I open the message not even looking at who it was from. “What are you doing tomorrow?” the message read. I looked up at sent it. “…Sunny.” An angry growl comes across my lips as I didn’t want it to be here. I flip my phone over not even caring to message her back. I take off my beanie and kick off my shoes as I lie back on the bed looking at the ceiling. Then I hear my phone ring. I sit up and look at who sent it this time so I wouldn’t play myself out. “THIS time it’s Ilhoon.” The message reads, “I’m actually still awake. Haha! I wanted us to get to know each other a little more before we rushed into hanging out.”

What the hell is going on with my emotions right now? Whenever I see his replies, I feel butterflies in my stomach. I’ve had a boyfriend before and I know what it’s like to fall in love with someone but this was a completely different feeling. My hands were shaking a little as I stared at the cursor blink on the screen. “What will I say…ugh! Just reply BACK!” I take a deep breath and say my message out loud to myself whilst typing. “I’m glad I didn’t wake you. I agree; we should get to know each other. I’m 22, how old are you?” I watch as the message send as I poke my bottom lip out. I sit up and place the phone on my desk; hooking it up to the charger. “I might as well wash up and fix some milk tea.” I put my short hair up in a small ponytail whilst I look for pajamas to wear. Once again, my phone goes off. I skip over to the phone and read the next message Ilhoon sends. “Ah, so you are older than me. I’m 18, hopefully that doesn’t bother you. :-O”. I quickly respond back, “Not at all! I don’t mind. I’m more interested in the person rather than the age. It’s only a 4 year difference. J” I never sent a text so fast in my life. I put the phone back down and pick my pajamas out; preparing myself to wash up.

POV Ilhoon~~~~

“Not at all! I don’t mind. I’m more interested in the person rather than the age. It’s only a 4 year difference, smiley face. Hm… she’s opened minded, I like that.” I nod in approval then reply back, “Ah, so you are open minded? I like that. Other than that, I’m into writing lyrics and I rap just to name a few things I’m in to. Don’t want to tell you everything yet, haha.” Then I send the message. I place my chin on top of my hand staring at the minutes go by on my phone waiting for Tylie’s response. “Maybe she… fell asleep.” I thought to myself as 15 minutes passed by. I can’t believe I’m seriously waiting for her to respond back to me when its 10:48 p.m. and she just got home from work. “You need to get yourself together.” I thought. “She would let me know if she-“the phone vibrates in my hand and I look at the message.

“I’ve always had an open mind since I was young. Thank you for the compliment. You’re into music too? I love writing lyrics too even though it has been quite time since I have…”

“One day, we should write lyrics together to create a song. That would be really fun.”

“Really? I’ve never collaborated with anyone before when it comes to writing…”

“That’s fine, I can help you along the way and we’ll create a good song together. It will be really fun!”

“Okay! I’m convinced! Let’s plan to write a song together in the near future. :D”

“Kekeke, that sounds like fun. It’s getting pretty late, how about we sleep for now and we meet at one of the cafes downtown at around 1:00 P.M.? That a good time for you?”

“Yes! That’s a great time for. I’ll see you then. ^^”

“I’ll see you then, goodnight.J”

“Night~”

Once the whole text message conversation had ended it, it was 11:30. I couldn’t believe just a small, quick conversation with Tylie was all it took nowadays. I locked my phone and reveal my head from underneath my comforter; looking around at my other two roommates soundly asleep. I roll over to my side and snuggle under my blankets and go to sleep.

POV Tylie~~~~

                I wake up and check my phone for any new messages or calls. Of course there weren’t any but I still liked to check anyway. It was around 9 A.M. the last time my sleepy eyes glanced at the clock. My hand scrabbled around my bed post looking for my glasses case. When I found it, I open it with my eyes still closed, face smashed into the pillow and pull my glasses to my face with my hand. I rose up in a sitting position like I was a mummy. My footsteps dragged all the way to the hallway and to the bathroom. I slap my hand to the wall looking for the light switch. The sound of my rings banging against the wall was a constant ringing to my ears that scrunched up my face. When the light comes on, it feels like Cyclops from X-Men just hit me with his laser beam in my eyes. “Shi…” I grumble to myself as I rub my eyes and open them slowly to look in the mirror. “Today… you have to try and look cute for Ilhoon.” I point to myself in the mirror and nod my head as I stare sleepily at myself then shut the door. I put my glasses on, only to take them back off to get in the shower. I turn the shower on and get started with my daily morning routine. Shower, wash face, brush teeth, get dressed, then breakfast and coffee.

                When I step out of the shower, I go to my room and find something to wear. Staring into my closest was a nightmare sometimes, especially when I had to go somewhere important. This date or “hang out” thingy with Ilhoon was deathly important. I didn’t want to overdo it so I picked something really casual. Since the weather was still cold, I picked out a grey tank top and one of my favorite Naruto t-shirts. Over that, I’ll put on one of my black oversized sweatshirt. It was mostly loose around the and arms then slim near the bottom of it. I’ll finish the outfit with light blue jeans that looked a bit stonewashed and my favorite black boots with silver studs on the toe and on the heel of both boots. I always wore two bracelets on my right wrist and one on the left along with four rings; one on each middle finger and one on each thumb. Now that getting dressed was out of the way, I made my breakfast and coffee and stared at my phone.

                I had a couple of text messages. The first one was from Sunny. All she said was, “Good luck today! Hopefully all your months of stalking will pay off and he makes you his girlfriend.” She always said something to make me laugh. All I could send her back was, “We’ll see about that…” Moving on to the next message, it was from Ilhoon. I slurped up my coffee, almost choking on it which makes me cough a little. It reads, “Good~ Morning~! We forgot to say which café! I know you really like tea, so how about the one with white table set outside? I forget the name of it. =_=” After last night with our brief text message conversation, I’ve been in a good mood since then. I always had text conversations before but the one with Ilhoon was way more interesting than any that I ever had before. I take a deep breath trying to calm down my excitement from his text and reply, “Good Morning! I know which one you’re talking about. It’s one of my favorite places to go. It’s called En La Rose Café. ^^” I put the phone down next to my cup of coffee. I put my lips to the brim of the cup as I firmly grip the handle and the side of it with my eyes wide staring at the phone. I never waited for a text so badly in my life before. I stare at the phone over top of my glasses, blowing the coffee in the cup, making huge ripples. I started to hold my breath as I stared endlessly at the inbox. When the chimed went off, I quickly opened the message that read, “Ah, yes, that’s the name of it! I’ll meet you there at 1. ^-^” I squealed whenever seen him make any kind of smiley faces. I could picture his cute little face smiling with each reply. I simply replied with a smile back. I looked at the time and it was just 10 minutes to noon.

                Instead of driving, I decided to take the bus since we were going to be hanging out downtown. The bus stop wasn’t too far from my apartment so I had a little time. I gathered everything I needed and put it in my purse. I put on my pea coat then look in the mirror for last looks. I fixed my side bangs and the hair in the back. I put on some lip balm and hurry out to the bus stop. When I get there, surprisingly, no one was at the stop yet. I looked down the road and watched the bus drive up. When the bus got there, there weren’t many people on board. Usually on a Saturday, there were tons of people, not that I want to be crammed in a bunch with creepy people on a Saturday afternoon, it was just weird. I pull out my iPod and put on some music to ease the long ride there. All I could do was think about what Ilhoon was going to wear. God, he was so damn cute. I’m not really attractive. I mean… I’m only 22 and had one serious boyfriend and that ended like one of the old school 80s horror movies. It was damn there close to a divorce. The fact that really attractive guys wanted to hang out and get to know me was weird all together. I just wanted to keep my cool and not act like a complete awkward nervous fool. I look at the time on my iPod and its 12:45. The bus finally reaches downtown and stops. I get off the bus and look for the café. I start walking down the street past numerous stores, enjoying the weather. It wasn’t too cold today. It was just nice enough to sit outside. When I get to the café, I sit down at one of the tables and take out of my ear buds then put my iPod in my purse. I then sit it on my lap as I wait for Ilhoon to pop up any minute now.

                The waiter walks up to my table, “Would you like anything to drink?” she asks politely.

                “I’m actually waiting for someone right now. I’ll order when he gets here if that’s okay?” I say with a smile at her.

                “That’s fine! Let me know whenever you’re ready, okay?” I nod to her as she smiles and walks off to tend to other customers sitting outside. Suddenly I hear the familiar wind chime sound coming from my purse. I pull it up to sit it on the table and look for my phone. When I find it, I open the message. “Turn around?” I say out loud. I look around left and right like a complete moron THEN I turn around to look behind. There he was; Ilhoon. He was looking adorable from head to toe. He looked at me over the top of his sunglasses as he lightly smiled and waved at me with a small Hello Kitty bag in his hands and a backpack on his shoulders. He walks over to me and a breeze of his cologne comes swiftly behind him. He smelled… amazing. There weren’t enough words to describe how good he smelt. “I’m sorry if I’m a bit late.” He says softly with a warm welcoming smile as he takes his backpack off and sits it beside him in the chair.

                “You weren’t late at all.” I smile with my eyes closed. “Uhm, if you don’t mind me asking…” I suddenly froze as I watched his hands play with the white and pink baggy. I completely forgot what I wanted to say at that exact moment. God… DAMN IT! I knew this was going to happen! I was going to freeze up as soon as I seen his face.

                “You can ask me anything.” He looks straight into my eyes. It felt like he was staring deep into my soul as I tried to gather back the words I wanted to say.

                “Uhm… that Hello Kitty bag; what’s in there?” I gulp instantly when I look up into his eyes.

                “This is actually for you!” he pushes it toward me with a huge smile on his face. I point to myself in complete shock. This was practically a total stranger and he got me a gift already. He nods and notions with his eyebrows to open the bag. I separate the bag with my index fingers and look inside. I reach for one of the boxes inside and open it. Instantly, I gasp at what I see.

                “WAHHHH~ it’s a charm bracelet!!” I shake my head “I-I-I-I can’t take this, Ilhoon.”

                “But you have too!” he says with a smile.

                “We hardly know each other and you’re getting me a bracelet.”

                “I know, but I got two charm bracelets. You noticed two boxes in there right?” he smiles at me and I nod. “Well, I got these as friendship bracelets. There’s already a charm on it with a tea cup… see?” he leans over the table to point to it as it’s in my hands. I start blushing as his face is so close to mine.

                “As we go on to learn more about each other, we’ll add charms of our choice to each other’s bracelets. Each one will represent a major part of our friendship that signifies us growing closer.” He gives me the brightest smile I’ve ever seen in my life. I didn’t know what to say to that. It had to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. It was different, but I liked the idea of it.

                “Okay!” I say with a nod. “I like this idea. This will make it really fun. “ I smile at him and we both chuckle.

                “Great! You always had me worried for a second.” We both laugh and I give him his box with his bracelet inside. We both take turns putting the bracelet on each other’s wrists. His was on his right wrist while mine was on the left wrist. We smiled at each other once more then the waitress showed up again. This was going to be one interesting day.