love letter 11.0: the shocking comeback

BtoB Ilhoon Fanfic: Falling For The Unknown

 

It’s been a couple of weeks and well into March since Ilhoon moved in. It’s actually been really fun living with him. I thought living with a guy again would be constantly annoying but it’s been fun. Ilhoonie always makes everything fun. I haven’t seen him as much since he’s working hard on the group’s comeback. Sadly, I’ve been ill and can’t make it to see him live but me and Kurama will support him from home. Thinking about it, I remember when he first came home without his long brownish hair. It was short and black. He still looked y it was just… I loved running my fingers through it and how he woke up with his hair all over the place. The thing about Ilhoon’s face is he can pull off both looks; short hair and long hair.

While I was resting on the couch, I heard the door open. “Tylie?” Ilhoon said with a whisper as he run up the stairs. I popped my head over the side of the couch then wave.

“Hey there!” I showed him a smile even thought, it felt like my whole body has been hit by a truck.

“How are you feeling?” Ilhoon rushes over to me and kisses my forehead.

“Uhm… the same… but with some tea and sleep, I should be okay.” I smile at him and he holds my cheeks and stares at me.

“You’re getting really pale. Are you resting well? Are you eating well when I’m not here? Do you need more medicine or something? I should get you some soup.” He stands up and I grab his arm.

“I’m fine. I’m not dying, I’m just sick. You don’t have to do anything for me. You should rest before your performance. Don’t run around here like a crazy person trying to get me better.” I rub his forearm and he sits down next to me.

“Lie down.” He taps his lap and I put my head on his thigh. He softly rubs my head and watches tv with me. I could feel myself falling asleep when Kurama decided to try and jump onto the couch; pulling on my blanket.

“Come here Kurama.” I say in a cute baby voice then pick him up. He meows and looks at Ilhoon. He taps his nose then they both meow at each other. It was like they were actually talking to each other, it was adorable.

“What is he saying?” I look up at Ilhoon.

“He was talking about how pretty his new mommy is and how good she treats him.” He smiles at me and I giggle at him.

“Aigoo… stop it…” I stuff my face into my blanket and make loud noises out of embarrassment. Kurama walks up to me and puts his paw on my forehead. The coldness of his little paw made me jump. When I look up, I see him staring at me. “I was just hiding.” I kiss his head and put my hand around him to scoot him closer to me to cuddle with him. He nuzzles in next to him while he looks around as usual.

“You are too adorable.” Ilhoon leans down and kisses my head. “I came home to see how you were doing, but I should be on my way so I’m not late. Are you going to watch it? It comes on at 7.” He says as he lightly scratches my head.

“Of course I’m going to watch! I want to watch you perform! I have to give you all the support that I can!” I prop my body up with my right arm and look up at him. He smiles with excitement and kisses me.

“I have to go. But you rest okay?” he kisses me again and then kisses my forehead.

“Ilhoon, fighting!” I shout at him as he walks toward the stairs then he looks back at me.

“Fighting!” he smiles then walks down the stairs and out the door.

I turned the channel to Mnet and rested my head on my pillow and waited for MCountDown to come on. I had roughly an hour so I decided to rest my eyes. Kurama’s crying woke me up when I popped up to look at the TV. It’s like he knew that I was waiting to see the show. I sat up and turned the volume up as the show started. Kurama jumped up into my lap and I made him dance to the music as I waited until I seen 5M.Show or 5 Man Show.  It always felt like forever until the group I wanted to see came on. It was slowly killing me.

An hour and fifteen minutes later, they came on stage. My eyes widen as I could feel myself getting ready to spaz out at the sight of how handsome, even Minhyuk, looked. Eunkwang was main vocal of course and also the leader. His voice was amazing. Hyunsik was the lead dancer and vocalist. Changsub was also a vocalist. Minhyuk was the visual or as I call him, ‘The Tease’. He knows he looks good doing almost anything. But his part was dancing, vocal. Then the maknae was Ilhoon, the rapper and dancer. I was really happy to see him singing and performing. He loved it probably more than he loved me. Ilhoon looked so y with his short black hair. Hearing him rap and how y his voice was just made me scream in excitement. It almost made me want to cry I was so excited. I shook Kurama as they continued. “Look, its daddy. No… look this way…” I turned his head to face the TV then he turns it again. “Kurama, this way!” I point at the TV and he looks at my hand then at the TV. I nod of approval and continue to watch the performance. When it finished, I clapped happily at how good it was. Ilhoon told me that they were going to have an interview segment so I waited for that to come on next.

“Next, we have 5M.Show!” the woman MC said full of excitement as they walked out onto the stage and the crowd yelled and cheered. They waved to the crowd and stood in front of the seats.

“Annyeonghaseyo! We are 5Man… Show!” they said happily as the fangirls damn there sounded like they were going to die from excitement. I don’t blame them but… calm down just a little. They sat down on their stools.

“Congratulations on your comeback!” the MC said happily to them as they nod and smile saying thank you. “Can one of you guys tell us what ‘Near Love’ is about?” she asks, looking at them.

“Ilhoon-ah should talk about it since he wrote it.” Eunkwang said with smile looking at Ilhoon. He chuckled into his hand before he put the microphone to his mouth.

“Near Love is a song about a guy who is discovering feelings he has never felt before for a girl he just met.” He looks at the camera with a huge grin. I gasped when I felt like he was talking about me.

“Did anyone ever experience something like that?” she asks them. Hyunsik was about to speak when Minhyuk speaks first.

“I have actually.” The crowd yells out his name. “I had a really lovely girlfriend that made me feel just how the lyrics say.” He nods while looking at Ilhoon. “But the maknae took my girlfriend away.” He laughs as everyone else tries to laugh as well, trying to hide any awkwardness that is about to occur.

“What do you mean took your girlfriend?” the MC said with a confused look on her face. I face palmed as I slumped down into the couch saying, “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god… don’t do it Minhyuk…” I continued to watch as I bit on my thumb nail nervously.

“Well, he went out to where she works and asked her out on a date.”

“That’s not true.” Ilhoon said, trying to hold back any form of anger that he felt build up in his stomach.

“I remember hearing about that. You even have pictures with her in our ‘used to be’ room before you left to move out with her.” Minhyuk said playfully with a smile as the others were feeling nervous but laughed it off.

“When did this happen, hyung? I didn’t steal anything from you.” Ilhoon’s voice was stiff as he was looking at Minhyuk, knowing he was going to keep digging.

“Minhyuk hyung, he didn’t do anything.” Hyunsik said trying to defend Ilhoon.

“No, no, no, but he did. He took my girlfriend and kissed her like this.” He demonstrated on Eunkwang as he followed his lead to make the crowd laugh.

“Ilhoon-ssi, you don’t live in the dorm but you live with your girlfriend?” the MC asked as Minhyuk, looked at him with an evil smile. I rubbed my forehead in disbelief at what was really going on; hoping that Ilhoon would clean it up.

“I did move out.” Ilhoon said with a nod. “I only moved out because I needed my own space. I live by myself.” He answered calmly and smoothly.

“But I saw your girlfriend last month helping you move out of the dorm and into her place.” Minhyuk hit Ilhoon’s thigh. “Stop hiding it~” he said playfully followed by a laugh. Ilhoon gulped trying to hold back any profanities that he wanted to say to Minhyuk as he looked at him with so much hate burning in his eyes. He turned back to the MC.

“I didn’t move in with anyone. I live alone.” He said short and sweet to the point; lying right through his teeth.

“He does live alone. He felt crowded by us in the dorm.” Eunkwang says trying to protect .

“Ah, I understand. But I think everyone here wants to know if it’s true if you have a girlfriend.” She pressed on, looking directly at Ilhoon and so were the crowd and the members.

“Uh…” he stammered. He didn’t know what to say. He his lips then put the microphone back to his mouth. “I am dating right now but it’s nothing too serious right now.” He said with a nod.

“Ah, why don’t you say hello to the special girl?”

“Show her your aeygo!” Minhyuk said sarcastically. Ilhoon shot a glare at Minhyuk before the camera zoomed in on him. He looked into the camera and said softly into the mic, “Hello baby~ buing buing~” he had his hand on his fist on his cheek, moving it back and forth followed by a wink. I couldn’t help but smile, knowing that that was directed to me. Everyone aww’d at his cuteness and the interview continued on discussing the album.

“Who do you think is the most popular among girls?” the MC asked. “Point to that person on the count of three. 1…2…3!” Changsub pointed at Hyunsik. Hyunsik pointed to Minhyuk. Ilhoon pointed to Minhyuk as did Eunkwang. Minhyunk pointed to Eunkwang

“Me?” Minhyuk asked with flattery. “How am I the most popular when Ilhoon has the girlfriend?”

“I’m not a player like you.” Ilhoon shot back at Minhyuk making everyone laugh.

“You are a player too. We always talk to a lot of girls.” Minhyuk smiles as he continues on. “He says he’s dating which means he’s dating multiple girls at one time. On Valentine’s Day he spent it with two different girls.”

“Two different girls?” the MC said shockingly.

“Yeah. He even got a hotel room and spent the night there one night. Then the next day, he invited another girl to the same room. He’s a player.” Minhyuk nodded as he smiled at the MC and Ilhoon.

“Is that true Ilhoon?” she looks at him as he shakes his head.

“That’s not true at all. Hyung is making up stories to make me, the maknae, look bad.” He smirks as he nods.

“You’re only saying that because you’re on camera. If we weren’t on camera, you’d say otherwise. You’re dating different girls.”

Ilhoon chuckles in his hand to try and find his frustration with Minhyuk. I could tell her wanted to punch him in the face. “Ilhoon is a good guy.” Hyunsik said calmly. “He seems like a bad boy type but he’s a really good guy.”

“Eunkwang, doesn’t Ilhoon hang out with different girls?” Minhyuk looks up at Eunkwang.

“He barely hangs out with us…” everyone laughs at his comment. The interview kept going on without Minhyuk saying anything too out of the ordinary. I shook my head at him and couldn’t believe what I just saw; his own member trying to basically get him caught up in a scandal or have some over dramatized article wrote about him.

I sighed heavily as I grabbed my phone for whenever Ilhoon was going to call, yelling at how immature Minhyuk was being on a live show. I looked down at Kurama and said, “Daddy and mommy put up with a lot of bull .” I nodded and he just looked at me, blinking. He jumped off my lap and went to eat as I rubbed my stomach, feeling nauseous again. I lied back down and curled up into the fertile position and continued to watch TV. My phone vibrated then rang. I looked at it until the caller ID came up and as I thought, it was Ilhoon. I sat back up and answered it then put it on speakerphone.

“Hello?”

“Did you ing see Minhyuk hyung?!” Ilhoon screamed at the top of his lungs.”

“Y-Y-Yes…” I replied softly with my head hung low.

“Why? Why would he ing do that?! Talking about I stole his ‘girlfriend’? I didn’t steal !” Ilhoon continued screaming through the phone. “If I ing stole you, I think you would have told me you had a boyfriend before anything else happened!”

“Calm down Ilhoon, calm down…” I tried to console him. “He’s an idiot; don’t listen to him.”

“YES! He is a ing idiot! Then he had the nerve to tell everybody that I moved out so our manager is up my about this .”

“Doesn’t he know you live with me?”

“Yes, but he’s asking if I should come out about us or not. I love you, I really do, but I don’t need you caught up in any paparazzi or nothing like that. I don’t want to tell people about us when it’s our personal lives and it have nothing to do with my music.” Ilhoon explained through his husky tone.

“You know I understand and respect any decision that you make. It would be best for you to keep it quiet so there isn’t any added drama to the drama we already have.” I said calmly, still trying to console him with my words.

“Thank you Tylie.” I felt him smile when he said that.

“You’re welcome. Are you a little calm now?”

“Yeah… for right now until I have to walk back in there.” He sighed heavily.

“If you need anything, I can either come to the studio or you can call me again. It doesn’t matter to me.”

“I know… thank you again.” His voice was back to normal and not littered with curses and anger.

“That’s what I’m here for.” I said happily while making a pouty face.

“Are you feeling any better?”

“Uhm… a little… I still feel nauseous and my head hurts really bad.” I nodded while holding my face up with my hands.

“Get some more rest Ty. I’ll be home later on okay?”

“Okay~” I said plainly. “Don’t kill Minhyuk.”

“Yeah… I won’t. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I smiled. “Bye-bye~”

“Bye babe.” He said happily and we both hung up. I curled back into the fertile position under the blanket then shoved my face in the pillow and went to sleep.

****

Finally, after a week and a half of not being at work, I’m back. It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve seen everyone. I didn’t mind work because the people I worked with were always funny. When you work with people that aren’t annoying, you don’t mind going every day. Instead of spending my lunch break with Ilhoon like I used too, I spent it with Sunny.

“Are you feeling any better?” Sunny asked while handing me my food.

“Meh… I’ve felt better. My body just hurts.” I sipped my water and stared off at the people walking around. Sunny nodded and started eating. We were sitting there quietly, which was unusual for us. It felt weird.

“Ilhoon lives with you now?” Sunny said casually as she took a sip of her soda. I didn’t want to look up at her while I bit down into my sandwich.

“Who told you that?” I said when I covered my mouth.

“Don’t answer my question with a question.” She said with animosity. I leaned back in my chair then crossed my legs.

“Yes. He does live with me.”

“So… when were you going to tell? You’re ing this guy, you’re dating him, and now he lives with you. Did you get married too?” she said with even more animosity which made me sit up straight.

“I don’t like talking about my personal business.” I sighed. “I’m sorry I didn’t say anything. I knew you’d be like… well, like this.” I pointed at her posture as she was shaking her foot, looking frustrated.

“Minhyuk told me that you’ve been seeing each other. He’s the maknae of their group.” I sighed loudly and tilted my head back as she said Minhyuk told her.

“Why are you even talking to him?” I said with my voice stiff and full of annoyance.

“Just because you two broke up doesn’t mean I can’t talk to him.” Her eyes wondered when she said that, meaning one thing; she was hiding something from me. I leaned forward.

“No, no, you stopped hanging out with him when I did back in 2010. I remember because you slapped in the face. So for you to be talking to him…” I stopped and rubbed under my chin, looking up then back at her again.

She shook her head, “No… no don’t think like that! I would never be involved with my best friend’s ex-boyfriend! I’m not like that.” She shouted at me and I continued to stare at her with slight disgust. She gave me a sympathetic look as I drank my water.

“Tylie, don’t-“I held my hand up and shook my head.

“It’s whatever. If you’re ing him, don’t lie to me about it. It just means he’s using you to get to me or try to hurt me. Don’t fall for his games.” I looked at her as I crossed my legs, resting my right foot on my left knee.

“You honestly think for the past week or so, I’ve been messing around with the guy that ed you over?! Why would I do that to you?” she tried to convince me.

“I don’t know, you just told me right there you’ve been bouncing on his for the past week or so. But yet, you’re mad at me for not telling you that I’m in a healthy relationship with Ilhoon when you’re in a ‘ my to make my ex-girlfriend jealous’ relationship? Get out of my face with that Sunny.” I shook my head while I continued eating my sandwich, not even looking at Sunny. She was completely silent, not knowing what to say.

“I’m sorry…” she said lightly as she tapped her sharp nails against the table as I shrugged.

“Like I said, you’re the one that’s going to be sorry. Me? I’m fine. I can tell by the look on your face you’re getting emotionally attached. You know what to expect.” I said in between the last bites I had in my sandwich.

“Oh my God…” Sunny said softly as her eyes widen, pointing behind me.

“What?” I turned around and saw Minhyuk behind me and I rolled my eyes. He pulled up a chair and sat down at the table then looked at me.

“How’s life with Jung Ilhoon?” he said with a smirk as he looked at my necklace then at my face.

“Please go away.” Sunny asked Minhyuk calmly and he looked at her.

“You didn’t say that last night, did you?” she shot him a cold glare as he laughed and took a sip of her soda and looked back at me. “You look really pretty today T.K. I love your hair. It’s gotten longer. You should grow it out long.” He reached over to touch my hair and I smacked his hand.

“Can you please get away from me?” I asked as nicely as I could before I got angry.

“Why? Is it awkward knowing that you both had a piece of me?” he smirked.

“Yeah, among other girls; now can you leave us alone to eat please?” I ask, still being as polite as I can.

“Just sit down and chat with us Tylie. You act like you really hate me.” He looks at me and smiles. I roll my eyes.

“Then I’ll just leave.” I get up and throw my trash away in the nearby trashcan. When I went to grab my purse, Minhyuk grabs my hand.

“Please. Stay and sit with me.” He looks up at me then I snatch my hand away from him.

“Like I said before, I don’t hate you but because I still remotely care about you as a person, doesn’t mean you can use my friend to get under my skin or waste my time trying to spoon feed me lies about what Ilhoon could be doing or who he’s with. If you have something to say, then say it to Sunny.” I walk away from the table and head back to the store. As I was walking, I bumped into Ilhoon.

“Hey, did Minhyuk come through here?” Ilhoon rubs my arms as he looks down at me.

“Yeah, he’s in the food court, why?” I ask Ilhoon as he jogs past me. I watch him stroll off to the food court. I felt like something bad was going to happen so I decided to follow him.

“Hey! Hyung!” Ilhoon yelled as he approached the table and I saw Minhyuk look at him then Ilhoon raised his fist and punched him in the face. It happened so fast, but I almost missed it. As I ran over there, Ilhoon was literally punching the hell out of him. For what reason? I don’t know, but for him to do that, it must have been a good reason. I grabbed and pulled on Ilhoon to get off of Minhyuk.

“YAH! Stop Ilhoon, stop!” Ilhoon backed off of him as I pushed Ilhoon away from him and the surrounding crowd that was forming in around them. I didn’t even look back at Minhyuk but strangely enough, I wanted to make sure he was alright; I didn’t.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? Why are you punching people in public places like that?” Ilhoon was pacing back and forth. He rubbed the back of his neck and didn’t say anything. “I’m talking to you!” I yelled at him. He stormed off to the entrance of the mall without saying anything to me and I walked after him. I never saw him this upset before. He violently pushed the door open and I walked through it quickly so I didn’t get hit.

“Can you talk to me now?!” I yelled at his back then he stopped walking.

“He told me that the day before I asked you out, you messed around with him; is that true?” he said as his back was turned to me.

“No. I didn’t. I didn’t do anything with him. I swear to you.” I said honestly and truthfully. He walked over to me and showed me a picture of myself, .

“So when did this happen?” he pointed to his phone. I could feel the frustration emitting from his body as I examined the picture.

“This isn’t even me, Ilhoon. My s don’t look like that.” I look at him and he narrows his eyes and gives me a look.

“What?” he grabs the phone and looks at it. “No, that’s you.” He said as he believed the picture over me.

“We had last night and you can’t tell that my body doesn’t look like that? Oh my God…” I get out my phone and look through my pictures and bring up of one of me to show him. “THIS is me, I’m thinking that’s my friend. He must have like… cropped it or something.” Ilhoon and sighed then rubbed the space between his eyes.

“You feel stupid now don’t you?” I shake my head. “You just seen a girl with red hair, getting some , and just assumed it was me right?” I look at him and continue to shake my head.

“I’m sorry…” he said softly as he deleted the picture then looked at me. “I’m really sorry. He was saying a bunch of other crap too about how you two were supposed to get married and it just… pissed me off. I get tired of his mouth during practice, after practice. The only time I don’t hear it is when I’m at your house or… our house.” He sighed. “I was just upset.”

“It’s quite alright. Just before you go trying to accuse me of that again, make sure you look at the body next time. I’m thicker, she’s thinner. I have curves, she doesn’t. But I understand, when you’re already seeing red, you don’t see any other colors. I understand.” I rubbed his arm as he sighed loudly then wrapped his arms around my neck to hug me.

“I have a show tomorrow, as you already know. You want to come see us perform?” he smiles at me. I nod with excitement.

“Yes, I’ll go!” my ears perked up at the excitement of being able to see him perform, I was ecstatic. He takes his arms from around me then shakes his right hand as there was a little blood on it. I looked in my purse and pulled out some tissues.

“Give me your hand.” He holds out his hand toward me and look in my purse for my extra water bottle. I open it, pour some water on the tissue and rub it against Ilhoon’s knuckles.

“Oh, you’re going to be our new makeup artist too.” Ilhoon said with a grin. I looked up at him.

“I thought you didn’t want me involved with the music industry?”

“That’s the makeup industry, not music. I pulled some strings and they said you can be our makeup artist. It’ll be fun.” He smiled at me while I continued to kill up his hand.

“I guess… I mean, I’d have to rearrange some things here but okay. You already got me involved now, so there’s no turning back.” He kissed my forehead and I smiled slightly as I went to throw away the tissue. Ilhoon said his goodbyes to me as he had to tend to other business while I had to head back to work. The main reason why I wasn’t exactly jumping up for join was because I’d be working with not only Ilhoon but Minhyuk… again. I mean, makeup is was what I love to do but I wanted to do it away from Minhyuk and away from his drama. I can only imagine how annoying this was going to turn out to be.