love letter 10.0: calm before the storm

BtoB Ilhoon Fanfic: Falling For The Unknown

 

**Today is a double feature!! I put up two new chapters! For this chapter, this song was completely the inspiration for it. I can't stop singing it.**

 

When I opened my eyes, I pointed to the at least 55’ huge stuffed light blue teddy bear with little heart pillows surrounding him. There were roses all around him. I didn’t know how many balloons were up but it was just… all over, even confetti on the ground. My mouth hung open in complete shock at it. Ilhoon pushed me toward it as my feet were stuck to the carpet.

“Did you read what his shirt said?” he whispers in my ear while holding me tightly to his chest. I pushed my glasses up and looked at it.

“Happy 1 month!!” I said softly to myself. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if I wanted to hit Ilhoon for doing this or just fall down to the ground and start crying. No one ever treated me this sweet before; not even my own dad treated me this well.

“Do you like it? You’re just standing there with a blank face.” Ilhoon pecks my cheek, feeling his smile against me. I was too stuck in my own world to even understand what was going on in my life anymore. I didn’t know how anything I could do or say could compete with this. He walked in front of me and I blinked at him.

“What?” I said shyly to him, putting my hands in front of me and squeezing my fingers.

“Your face is turning really pale… are you okay? You’re not going to cry or anything right?” he cups my cheeks in his hands.

I shook my head, “N-N-No, I’m just really surprised. You bought two rooms.” I hold up two fingers and Ilhoon gives me a look.

“Are you serious?”

“What?” I said innocently.

“I did all of this and you’re focused on the fact that I bought another room. Are you serious right now or is that just you being in shock?” he scoffs when I nod rapidly then he smiles. “I just… borrowed the room for the view. Come to the window.” he grabs both my hands as I gulped, preparing myself for any more surprises. I looked at the view and it was beautiful. You could literally see all of the sky and the city. Ilhoon pointed to the huge teddy bear’s hand and picks up a folded pieces of paper.

“Uhm…” Ilhoon looks down at it and smacks the paper against the palm of his hand. “I really wanted to write you a song but for some reason when I listened to the beat and tried to rap or sing… I kept seeing your face and nothing came out.” He continues to look down.

I look at his face and notice that he was turning a little red. “Are you… blushing right now?” my eyes widen with excitement. He covers his face then shakes his head.

“L-Look… I wrote down what I wanted to say that I’m too… too...”

“Shy?”

“…Yeah. So… here.” He looks away from me while he holds out the pieces of paper toward me. I take it from him and open it.

“Do you want me to read it out loud or just… read it to myself?”

“Out loud; read it out loud.” He finally makes eye contact with me. When I cleared my throat, he grabbed me and made me sit beside the teddy bear with Ilhoon on the other side.

My hands started to shake as I skimmed the first line, then I started reading, “It’s already been a full month since we made our promise. Time flies doesn’t it? Have I ever told you when I first saw you in the clothing store? Ah, you were so beautiful. You were wearing this cute little black bowler hat with cat ears. You were on the phone and… you let out this little giggle and you smiled. Right then and there, I think that’s when I started to fall in love with you. I didn’t know you admired me then too or I would have walked up to you sooner. I knew you were older; you looked so mature, like a real woman. Do you remember our first kiss by the fountain? You tasted like… cherries or strawberries, combined with that cake we ate.” We both chuckled. Then I continued reading, “But, that’s when I became mesmerized by you. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. Did you feel the same way? I’ve been in love before but with you, it’s a different feeling that I can’t describe. Everywhere I go, I think of only you and holding you in my arms. Maybe I feel that way because I am still young but I think it’s like that when you’re in love, right? You want to always be with the person you love.” I switch to the next page.

Ilhoon reaches over to me and rubs on my thigh. I look at him and his face is completely red. All I could do was smile; I didn’t want to make fun of him… yet. I cleared my throat and began reading once more, “We’ve been through a lot already right? All the things Minhyuk hyung did to try and break us up was unbelievable. But I know hyung loves you too. You handled each situation well. You didn’t scream or yell with anger when it happened. You were so calm and mature about it like a real adult, I love that about you. You are very understanding for your age. When we get our chances to sit and talk, you never talk about yourself much. You want to know more about who I am; no girl I’ve met does that. You are truly a beautiful creation. Everything about you is beautiful, inside and out. Please… don’t ever change anything about you. You complete me and I’m hoping I complete you too. I hope later tonight you can say this to me too. I love you. I love you so much and I hope we can continue to be together forever. I’m yours forever…. Ilhoonie” I rubbed my heart when I read the last sentence. Even though he didn’t say much, it was the thought behind it; it was so precious and meaningful.

“Ilhoonie…” I turned to him and he put his finger on my lips. His face was burning red then he looked me in the eyes, moved closer to me and kissed my lips with passion; resting his hand on the back of my head. Slowly, I moved my hands to cup his neck. It felt like the first time all over again. It felt like he was just kissing me for the first time. He lightly rubbed the back of my head as he grazed my lips with the tip of his tongue. My mouth opened a little to let it in to deepen our kiss. For some reason, tears left my eyes when I shut my eyes tightly.

He backed away from my lips and placed his forehead against mine, wiping my tears. “I didn’t mean to make you cry…” my eyes were still closed. I don’t know if his still were, but I couldn’t open them. I was too nervous to look him in the face.

“It’s not sad tears… its happy tears…”

“Tears are still tears. I didn’t mean to cause them.” He lightly kissed my lips and I kissed him back then I opened my eyes. He was looking at me with love in his eyes. I backed away from him quickly with a little push on his chest.

His eyes widen, “W-What’s wrong? Why did you push me?” he looked at me with a worried look. But, no words left my lips but the knots in my stomach were returning.

“It’s okay… tell me why.” He slowly moved the paper from my hands then held them both tightly while looking at me.

“…I’m afraid this won’t work. What if we’re together for a year or two then you stop loving me? What if you just… change?” my voice was shaky, I wanted to start crying. I felt scared of what was happening between me and Ilhoon.

“We won’t know until that happens right? No matter how much we prepare for fights or any upcoming hardships, it’ll still hurt right? I know you’re scared but you don’t have to be.” He lifts my chin and smiles at me. “If you love someone, you make it work. People change. If you don’t change at all, it means you aren’t learning anything.” He puts my hand on his heart. “You feel that?” he looks at me and I nod, my bottom lip in from being nervous.

“My heart beats fast whenever I’m near you. It’s telling me that I’m near the woman I love. I don’t tell any girl that I feel unless I know we can make it work. Please… have faith in us Ty. Have faith in me. I won’t treat you like Minhyuk Hyung. I know these are just words, but my actions will show you that I love you.” He put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me then hugs me.

“I love you too…” my hands crept up his back and squeezed his shirt. “…And because I love you… I won’t ever change. But please… I may look strong but my heart is fragile, be gentle with it. Don’t ever hurt me.” I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore and I cried into his shoulder. He gently held my head down.

“I won’t hurt you. I promise.” He whispered into my ear as he rubbed my head.

======================================================

When I woke up, Ilhoon was nowhere to be found. Yesterday was little emotional for me but that was cured by … doesn’t mean he just leave me in the hotel with all these roses and this huge stuffed teddy bear that probably won’t fit in my car. I even ate breakfast all by myself. While I was pacing back and forth in the room, I came across a note that was in Ilhoon’s handwriting. “Come to the parking lot.” Oh ! How stupid am I?! I’ve been up for at least 5 hours doing absolutely nothing. He could have been waiting forever. I stormed out of the room in the speed of light.

Ironically, I packed that same hat Ilhoon mentioned in that letter he wrote me. I held my hat and tried to catch my breath.

“There you are!” Ilhoon says walking up to me.

“Your hair, you cut it!” I point to his head as I look at him. “I like it.” I run my fingers through his bangs.

“Thanks. What took you so long? I only left to do this.” He pointed to his hair. “I wanted to show you something.” He grabbed my hand and started walking.

“Stop showing me stuff~ I can’t compete with all your lovey dovey stuff… all I can do is have… have .” I said with some disappointment.

Ilhoon laughed then pulled me by his side. “You’re good at it though. You opened up more ual once you started your birth control. I guess you’re feeling comfortable with me in that aspect right?” he showed me a seductive grin then I nudged him.

“Shut up! I have to take that! I didn’t start taking it for you! My body’s all jumbled up.” I scowled at him as I pouted.

“I know, I know. I’m just saying… you got… nastier.” He keeps grinning; I nudge him again; hard enough for him to lose balance as we walked.

“Stop talking about me that way!” I started to blush.

“It’s better I talk to you about it rather than the guys right? Or you’d like me bragging about how you my-“I punch him in the side and he groans while he’s laughing.

“It’s not FUNNY!” I stomped my feet, having a mini temper tantrum.

“You are so cute right now.” He rubs his side as he grabs my hand and I pull it away from him. He keeps laughing. “Baby…. Come here.” He holds his arms out toward me while I walk away.

“No!” I cross my arms and walk away, then I look back behind me and he’s pointing at my legs. I stop walking and look down. “What? Nothing’s on me?” I move around to see if something were on my jeans.

“I’m doing a good job at having with you. You walk differently now.” He smiles really big. “I know you noticed how you walk.”

“Shut UP!” I yell at him then I storm off on the same path as I hear him cackling behind me, followed by, “Baby, baby, baby, baby, wait~!” as he runs up to catch up to me.

“I’m joking with you!” he can’t hold in his laughter. He hugs me from behind as he kisses my cheek. “Calm down, I’m joking with you.” He rubs my arms and I let out a sigh.

“What did you want show me so badly?” I was completely irritated but Ilhoon’s multiple kisses on my cheek made me smile again.

He points to a bench with a little box on it. “We’re headed right there.” We continued walking through the park which was very calming. It was quiet and birds were chirping still. In the distance, there was a little waterfall. We walked up to the bench and I picked up the box.

“Open it.” He said with excitement. I untied the ribbon then took out off the top then looked inside. I pulled out of my keys.

“You gifted me… my own keys?” I said with confusion.

“Just keep looking Tylie.” He pointed to the box. I looked inside and saw another key. Instantly, I knew what he was going to ask me.

“Ilhoon, no. You’re not moving in with me.” I said as I shook my head.

“I practically live there now. Minhyuk hyung always scolds me because we’re dating.”

“You don’t think he’ll scold you even more if he found out that you’re moving out and living with me of all people? Won’t that stir up some… media drama or something?”

He shrugs. “I don’t know but I’ve been thinking of living there anyway. I love my Hyungs but… I get annoyed seeing and dealing with guys every day. You know how annoying it is waiting to use the bathroom?” he rolls his eyes. I look down into the box at the key and sigh. It was true; after late practices, he would take a cab to my place and spend the night with me. A lot of his clothes are at my house but still… a month… a good month.

“This is just going to start a whole other world that… that can be different.” I look up at him. “I know it annoys you living with three other dudes, but moving in with me? Let’s be realistic about this Ilhoonie, a month.”

He puts his hands on my shoulders. “I know, I know we’ve known each other for a month. Remember we had and that was against your rules right? You dating me because I’m younger than you is against your rule right? You fell in love with me after you swore you wouldn’t after Minhyuk Hyung broke your heart, right? Moving in with me would be completely against every rule you ever set, right? Rules are meant to be broken. We broke all the rules. I know it’s really fast but I promise I won’t ask you to marry me until we’ve been together for at least 3 years.”

Even though he was right, I just didn’t know what to do with another person in my house. I’ve been living there for about four years after therapy. I didn’t know what to tell Ilhoon. I shrugged. “Ilhoon, I love you, I do. But this is just… outrageous.”

“We’re supposed to be outrageous! We’re young. Tylie…” he lifts my chin so I’m facing him. “I won’t change your lifestyle. Even though I’m in the music industry, there will be times I’ll come home at strange hours and I’m telling you right now, I might make dates with you then I might show up late or have to cancel because I had to record. But I’ll be coming home to you. Please.” He pleaded to me.

I rubbed my forehead trying to decide my answer. I closed my eyes and stomped. “Yes… Yes… you can move in…” I grumbled to him.

“YAY!” he picked me and spun me around wildly; shaking me back and forth.

“YAH! YAH!!!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!!!” I screamed at him like I was being tortured. He put me down then kissed me hard.

“I’m so happy! Can I move in today?! Tomorrow?!” he was so hyper I didn’t know what to tell him.

“Yah, calm down.” I moved my hands in a push-up like motion. “How much stuff are you moving?” I look at him.

“Uhm… a dresser, a lot of clothes and shoes, some other stuff. I’ll get a moving truck. Trust me, it’s not a lot.” He rubbed up and down my arms as I looked at him with an uncertain look.

“Can we do it… next week? I want to get used to not being by myself anymore.”

“A week it is.” Ilhoon snapped his fingers. “I have… one more thing for you before we leave the hotel. Stay right here and close your eyes.” He runs off then I sigh and then sit down on the bench. I sit there waiting for him to come back with my eyes shut.

Suddenly, I feel a box on my lap and I open my eyes. “What is this NOW?” I said in a breathy tone as if I were running. “You need to stop giving me gifts.”

“No… this gift is something truly from the heart and I know you’ll really love this one. Open it.” He had a serious look on his face. I opened the box, revealing a small orange and white kitten. I gasped and picked checked to see if it was a girl or a boy; it was a boy.

“Ilhoonie~! You got me another kitty?! Oh my God…” I held the kitten close to my chest and pet him. He let out a small ‘meow’ and I rubbed my cheek against his little head.

“I wanted to get you another one when you told me you’re other one, Kyuubi passed away after Christmas. I know he’s not… Kyuubi but you always talked about how you really loved the look of orange cats so I got you one.” He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

“Thank you, so much. Really Ilhoonie. This was just… wow.” I look at him with a big smile. “Thank you.” I reached over to him and hugged him with my right arm as I held the kitten with my left.

“What are you going to name him?” he said charmingly.

“Well… Kyuubi means Nine Tails in Japanese. Since Naruto doesn’t call Kyuubi… Kyuubi anymore, I’ll name him Kurama.” I nod. “Yeah, I’ll name him Kurama. That will work since he’s orange.” I poke his nose.

“I like it. Well Kurama, welcome home.” Ilhoon scratches his head and I feel him starting to purr.

========================================

Well, it’s been a week since the Valentine’s Day weekend and today was the day, Ilhoon moves in. I can’t believe I’m really doing this. I can deal with a cat moving in with me but a person… let alone my new boyfriend? I let out a sigh. When I drive there in the truck, I know Minhyuk is going to flip his . Ilhoon told me that the company was fine with him moving out and the members were fine with it too. He told everyone except Minhyuk of course. He told me that Eunkwang was a little hesitant about it at first but after he talked with me, he said I was a good enough person to watch over him.

I drove up to the outside of the apartment and parked. I hopped out of the truck and walked up to the door then walked in the building. I go up to this door then knock on it.

Eunkwang opens the door. “Hey Tylie!” he says happily then invites me in.

“Where’s Ilhoon?” I say looking around the apartment while waving at Changsub and Hyunsik with a charming smile.

“I’m right here. I’m finishing up packing.” Ilhoon says as he’s standing in the door way of his old room.

“You’re really pretty.” Changsub says as I’m standing in the living room. I nod and smile.

“Aww, thank you. You’re cute.” I give him a thumbs up and he gives me one back then continues doing what it is he’s doing on the laptop and I walk to the room and look around at how one side is empty.

“We can start taking the clothes and stuff out. I just used luggage for all of that stuff.”

“Okay.” I grabbed two bags of luggage and make my way back to the truck. I heard Ilhoon yell at the boys, “Help me and noona!” I smiled to myself and continued my way to the truck. I used the key to unlock the door. I tried to pull it up but I couldn’t do it because I’m so short. A body appeared behind me and helped me pull it all the way up.

“There you go.” Said a familiar voice and his hands wondered my waist.

“Get off of me Minhyuk.” I pushed him away from me.

“You used to love when I was behind you. What are you doing in this district?” he says as he sips his coffee then looks at Eunkwang, Changsub, and Hyunsik put bags into the bag; trying to make any eye contact with him.

“I’m doing… stuff.” I said as I poked my finger into my palm whilst I looked up at him.

“Who’s moving out? Changsub?” he walks up to the door and sees Ilhoon and his eyes widen as he sees his luggage in his hands. “Where are you moving to?” Minhyuk asks Ilhoon as he walks passed him.

“I’m moving in with Tylie.” He says calmly as he pushes his bags in the back.

“What? Tylie? You’re moving into her apartment? What kind of did you do to her over the weekend for her to say yes to you?” he says angrily. I move in between Minhyuk and Ilhoon and push them apart.

“Minhyuk, stop it. Just go in the house.”

“Why are you moving in with him? I don’t care that you date him, I don’t. But moving in with him? Are you serious? What kind of joke is this?!”

“Lower your voice and stop yelling.” I said calmly to him. “I love him.” Minhyuk looks at me like I have 4 heads and he raises his eyebrows.

“What?” his voice was filled with disbelief.

“You heard me, I love him. This has nothing to do with you. So just… let us live our lives please?” Minhyuk scoffs and walks into the building. I exhale as I watch him go in and the others come out with Ilhoon’s dresser; knowing that that was the last thing he had. I could tell her was pissed off. I still can’t believe I said yes but living with someone is based off of trust. Ilhoon trusts me and I trust him. He won’t steal anything from me or do anything wrong. So it didn’t bother me that he was going to move in… not completely. Minhyuk still was adjusting to the fact that I finally let him go. He was going to explode… and when he explodes, it’s not going to be pretty.