love letter 9.0: hello, goodbye

BtoB Ilhoon Fanfic: Falling For The Unknown

 

A loud knock on the door woke me up. My body shot up quickly, forgetting where I was. “Don’t panic. It’s just the room service.” Ilhoon waved his hand at me as he walked to the door. My head felt like it was spinning in circles and I didn’t even hangover. I looked around the room that was lite up from the natural light beaming through the windows. My body was killing me from the . I felt horrible; I wanted to go back to sleep. The lady pushed the cart of food into our room. I held the blanket over my chest since I was still .

“Good morning! Here’s your breakfast.” She said with a smile. “Good morning! Can you leave the bill here and I’ll pay downstairs?” she nodded, “Yes, that’s fine! The receipt is right here.” She pointed to the paper underneath one of the plates.

“Thank you so much.” Ilhoon said politely with a huge grin.

“You’re welcome! Enjoy your breakfast.” Ilhoon kindly showed her out. Why did feel like this wasn’t real? It felt like I was on set of a movie; watching actors play out the scene.

“Why do you have that look on your face?” he looks at me whilst he eats a strawberry.

“It’s just…weird.”

“What is?” he finishes the strawberry then look at me then puts his fingers on his cheeks. “Does this make you feel better?” he made little cute noises; always showing off how adorable he is.

I shook my head and smiled a little, “That does make me feel better but I just feel… weird.”

“Let’s figure out what’s making you feel weird; room service? ? The suite?” he stared at me as he kept mentioning random things from the night before. I was listening and I heard him but I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. He looked so good today. He had a lot of accessories on and his smile was brighter than normal. Even those he was just simply wearing a black t-shirt and jeans; he just… looked so ing good today. But that didn’t explain the knots in my stomach

“Why do you look so lost?” he slurred as he walked over to me with a plate of fruit. He held a grape to my lips, “Open.” He said and I parted my lips enough for him to push the grape into my mouth. His fingertip stayed in my mouth as my lips lightly it whilst our eyes met.

“Don’t do that~” he sang playfully. “It’ll be me pounce on you again~” he moved his finger then moved up on the bed to sit beside me.

“Now, tell me what’s wrong?” he rubbed my shoulder

“Nothing… I guess I’m taking it all in.”

“What are you taking in exactly?” he turned me a little to face the window as he continued massaging my shoulders.

“The whole weekend…” I sighed with relief at the feeling of him rubbing my shoulders.

“Ah, well… things are only going to get better.” He kisses my shoulder then wraps his arms around me. I rub his arms lightly as I felt myself become overwhelmed with happiness. But I always took that with a grain of salt. My happiness came at a price and never lasted more than a day. If it did, eventually my luck would run out and it would end horribly.

“Come on and eat.” He patted my back as I scooted myself over to the cart to grab a plate food with the blanket wrapped around me still as I joined Ilhoon at the table for breakfast.

“Where’s your bag of clothes?” he mumbled with a piece of toast dangling from his mouth.

“I left it in the car…” I sighed with annoyance at myself whilst I rubbed my forehead and pouted. Ilhoon smiled at my sudden cuteness.

“Put on one of my hoodies and sweats to go out and get them. It’s by the other side of the bed.” I turned around to spot where the bag was, swaying my body back and forth to get it exactly in my sights.

“I see it. Okay, I will.” I nodded as I stabbed my eggs.

“I have to take care of some things this morning.” An instant frown came across my face.

“Don’t make that face. I’ll be quick. Plus I want you to fully wake up and look pretty for me today. Have your phone with you while you look around this place.” He wiped his mouth with the napkin. “It’s really nice around here.” He said whilst he stood up and kissed my forehead and walked passed me to put his plate on the cart.

“What are you doing exactly?” I asked as I finished up eating.

“I can’t say or it literally ruins everything.” He walks back into the room and takes my plate.

“Thank you Ilhoonie.” He smiled and it was like we read each other’s minds. He leaned down and I tilted my head up to kiss each other. I walked back into the room with him. I sat back down on the bed where his bag was. I crossed my legs and picked up the bag while I searched through all his things. I pulled out a grey hoodie and some black sweats. I put my hair up to form a small ponytail from one of the hair ties I had around my wrist. I looked around the room in search of something.

“What are you looking for you?” Ilhoon asked as he walked back from the bathroom, fixing his hair.

“My underwear.”

“Oh. They are…” he looks around then goes back into the bathroom and comes out with them dangling from his finger. “I put these and your dress in there. Your shoes are over by the other side of the bed.” I nodded and took my from him then slid them on under the blanket. Ilhoon pulls the blanket from around my body.

“YAH! Why’d you do that?!” my hands cover my s.

“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before so move your hands.” he gives me that sly smirk. The smirk when he was about to do something to get me off. He walked over to me and grabbed my hands. “No~” I said playfully turning my back to him. He walks in front of me then pulls my arms apart then rubs my s. “I thought you weren’t trying to do this?” I sneered at him. “I’m not doing anything but rubbing your ies.” He kissed me deeply. When I kissed him back, it was forceful; making him push me back onto the bed. He crawled on top of me. The coldness of his necklaces rubbing against my chest made me bite my lip. He tossed them around to his back and leaned down. I met him half way to continue our make out session. I gripped the back of his head while our tongues locked together in each other’s mouth. When he grabs my thighs, there’s a knock at the door, “Room service!”

Ilhoon looked at me, “You’re lucky.” He kisses me violently. “You’re a bad influence on me. I swear…” we both smile as we kiss each other one more time as he gets up. He rushes over to the door and opens it whilst I hurry to dress myself.

“Hey! I’m sorry about that.” He helps the lady push the cart out of the room. I look around for the hotel slippers that I saw when I first walked in. I stand up and look around and see them by a closet. I put them on. I put the hood up on the hoodie. Ilhoon walks back and looks at me.

“Are you going out to your car?”

“Yeah. I’m just going to grab my purse first.” I walk over to my purse and put it on my shoulder.

“You have the key?” he looks at me before putting his arm around my shoulders.

“Uhm…” I dig around in the purse and find it. “Yes I do.”

“Okay. Let’s go then.” He puts his arm around my shoulders whilst we walk out of the room and down the hallway. He was constantly looking down at his phone, typing a text or looking at one. When we get to the elevator, he presses it to go down then shoves his phone back in his pocket.

“You okay?” he looks at me, fixing my bangs.

“I’m fine… why?’ I shot him a weird look.

He poked out his bottom lip and shook his head. “I was making sure my woman was okay.” He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead. The elevator opened and we went inside. I decided to look at my phone to see if anyone called or text me. One was from my day saying, “Happy Valentine’s Day! I love you” and that was sent while me and Ilhoon were going at it. Then there were a couple from Sunny talking about how she wanted to know where I was and if I was with Ilhoon. Maybe it’s just me but I think she’s a little too jealous of him. We both stepped out of the elevator and Ilhoon took his arm from around me.

“I have to go this to handle business.” He points behind him. “You call me if you need me.” I nodded and we kissed as we parted ways. I made my way outsides whilst I dug in my purse for my keys. When I found them, I twirled them around my finger and searched for my car. “Why is this parking lot so ing huge for?” I growled with frustration trying to find my car. When I spotted, I saw a familiar figure leaning against it; Minhyuk. I looked up to the sky and said, “See, I can’t be happy for more than 15 minutes. Why?” I sighed and made my way to the car.

“Hey, there you are. I thought you’d never come back out here.” He said with a big smile on my face.

“I really don’t want to be bothered with you.” I unlocked my car and opened the door, I jumped into the seat to get my bag.

“Are you still with Ilhoon?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Why? Didn’t he have with that girl?”

“He told me no.”

“And you believed that?”

“Yes.” I hissed back at him starting to get annoyed.

“How could you-“

“WHAT do you want from me?! Why are you here?” I yelled at him. He looked back at me and didn’t say anything to me. I rolled my eyes and my teeth whilst I got out of the car and swung my big duffle bag onto my shoulder. I locked the car and walked passed Minhyuk. “I notice you still wear our ring!” he yells at my back causing me to stop walking. “That’s why I’m here…” he said softly as his footsteps got closer to me. “Can we have a seat…? I think it’s time we really talked.” I wanted to keep go back to the hotel and ignore him. I didn’t want to hear his voice anymore or smell his cologne. All I wanted to do was walk away from him but as always; I couldn’t. I walked over to a nearby bench without turning around to look at him. He followed me and sat next to me. I put my purse and the duffle bag. We sat there in silence for about 5 minutes. When I looked down at his right hand, he still wore his ring too. After all this time, he must have still had some unresolved feelings for me if he still wore our ring; our engagement ring.

“I’m not the best guy and you know that.” He said with a shaky voice. “I know what I’ve been doing to sabotage you and Ilhoon’s relationship is ed up. But to me, I don’t want to see him with you. It’s not that he’s a bad guy or I dislike him, it’s because I still love you.” He gulped hard as he sat more on the edge of the bench and was silent.

“What I don’t understand is how a person says they love you when you cheat on them, almost hit them, say the deepest darkest secrets and still sit there with a calm face saying you still love them.” I said calmly as I shrugged. “I don’t… I don’t hate you, Minhyuk. I never have, I never will. We were a big part of each other’s life. What I want to know is… why did you do the things you did?” I looked over at him in curiosity. He was tapping his foot and moving his fingers around; he was nervous.

“After two years in a relationship, that’s the test. That’s when you see if we ever change. We both did, but then again… we were also young kids in love. I really did want to marry you and you tried so hard for me after I messed up and cheated on you. You stayed by my side when I treated you like garbage. Why didn’t you leave me? Why did you stay and wait until I said it?” he looked over at me with his eyes glossed over; his tears building up. He hesitated but he held my hand tight.

I shrugged. “I couldn’t do it. I was completely fed up with how you acted towards me, but I couldn’t dare speak those words no matter how angry I was. In the end, I still had hoped that one day you’d come around to your senses and love me again.” I nodded with a sad frown on my face remembering all the memories I’ve shared with him. He rubbed his eyes and sighed loudly. I looked down as I heard small whimpers as he started to cry. “Don’t cry…” I rubbed his back to try and comfort him a little but he pushed my hand away.

“I really didn’t deserve you. I can’t live with the guilt that I feel toward you. Nobody should be treated the way how I did to you.” He sniffled and exhaled deeply, holding back anymore tears that wanted to escape. “I never took off my engagement ring because I felt one day you’ll come back to me and love me again. It’s a stupid dream, but a man can dream right?” he looked over at me and we both chuckled as I looked down at my slippers.

“That’s why I kept mine on; in hopes that we would become something more than the one night stands we used to have with each other. I hoped that… that you’d want to be mine again. Then something clicked. I remembered the time you slapped me and said, “You won’t ever amount to anything!” while you were drunk. Even though you apologized to me, I still question myself till this day, ‘Will I ever amount to anything?’ Those words stuck with me and maybe they always will.” I look at my index finger on my left hand and remove the emerald studded ring from it and place it in between Minhyuk and I. “My heart will always be filled with love for you Minhyuk, I won’t lie about that. But I think it would be best and healthier for us both to move on. I’m sorry I happened to fall in love with your band mate and your best friend. If I would have known he was attached to you, I don’t think I would have done it. I’ll support you both in your career and in life. All these games you’re doing to mess with Ilhoon and get him all worked up… it’s just childish and you know that.” I sighed as I looked at the color disappear from his face. I gulped and started to speak again. “I-I-I’m giving you the ring back.” My voice started cracking as I pushed it toward him. “These are the words I should have said a long time ago… but I’ll say them now.”

I moved and kneeled in front of him. I put my hands on his cheeks and he faced me. We were eye to eye and I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore. I blinked twice as I felt two tears roll down my cheeks, “We can’t be together anymore…” his expression scrunched with sadness as he whimpered and nodded. “You aren’t the man I fell in love with anymore. There was a time when I was crazy about you. I was your woman. I would hop onto a motorcycle and jump onto a falling train off a bridge… for you. But because of your actions, I’m not that girl anymore. Please remember that I still have endless love for you but we can’t be together anymore Minhyuk.” He closed his eyes whilst he cried. “I’m sorry…” I wiped his tears away and for the last time in my life, I kissed his lips. I stood up and kissed the top of his head as he continued to cry. My hands were shaking as I picked up my purse and duffle bag. As I made my way to the hotel, my heart felt heavy causing me to cry.

If I sat down anyone and told them the story of Minhyuk and me, they would call me a fool. But this fool will tell you that you’ve never been in love before. We were each other’s first everything. It hurt to tell him those words; I felt my heart slowly breaking all over again. We’re both 22 now, we’re adults. If I hadn’t gave back the ring and told him that we were finished, we both wouldn’t have grown up or learned from our break up. I wiped my tears from my face as I got closer to the hotel. I didn’t have to cry over him anymore. Now it’s his turn to care and mourn the loss of his lover for I have already experienced it.

=======================================

Finally I was back into the room getting ready after a very relaxing and needed shower. It was about noon time as I got ready. Ilhoon told me he was handling some stuff so I had to find something to do to keep myself occupied. My hair was straight but it didn’t want to listen of course. So I put on my self-made knitted beanie with kawaii chibi anime character patches sown into the bream. I put on my big Ray Ban glasses along with a black cardigan, t-shirt, and some washed out grey jeans with rips. I put on the heart locket necklace Ilhoonie gave me last night. I brought it up to my lips to kiss it, followed by putting back on my charm bracelet. Lastly, I put on my favorite boots; they have chains hanging off of them and they just looked bad . I made the bed then looked at one of the hotel books to see what was around. “Floor 45 seems like that’s where the party’s at… they have all the shops and… OOH! TEA AND SWEETS!!!” I hopped up quickly, grabbed my purse and flew out of the door at the speed of light.

When I stepped out of the elevator and reached the 45th floor, there were so many people and shops everywhere. I noticed a big stage so I walked toward it to get a closer look. It said that the music legends have performed on this stage on the little plaque. This place was freaking huge. I put my hands in my cardigan pocket as I looked for the tea and sweets shop. While I was walking around, I couldn’t help to think of what Ilhoon could have planned for me. I really hope he doesn’t give me any more gifts. If there’s one thing that I can’t stand, it’s when someone gives me so many gifts that I feel as though I don’t deserve. Also, I feel like I need to repay them for giving me a gift; whether it is good or bad, it’s just how I am. When I find the tea shop, of course there was a long line. I stood behind the couple and got my phone out to keep me occupied while I wait. When I unlocked to play a game, a text came through; it was Ilhoon. “Your favorite color is any shade of blue right?” the text asked. I replied with, “Yes… why?” I started to feel knots in my stomach as I waited for him to reply back. I can’t believe this one person makes me feel this nervous. I didn’t think it was possible.

My phone chimed and he replied with, “You’ll see later. ;)” he’s winking at me? What if he got me lingerie or something? As much as I love lacey clothing, lingerie made me look weird. My body was sort of shaped like an hourglass and a cello or something; I don’t know, I just don’t like wearing that stuff. I shook my head as I walked up to the counter and ordered my peach bubble tea with a cinnamon bun.

“Wah~ this place is amazing! I swear this is the best cinnabun I have ever had in my life!” say mumbling to myself as I’m stuffing my face then I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.

“You look like you’re having a good time.” Ilhoon greets me with a smile then wipes the icing off the corner of my mouth. He his thumb. “Mm… that is delicious.” He his lips while he looks at me.

“Will you stop that?” I cried to him in my whiny voice as I covered my mouth to finish chewing the food in my mouth.

“I’m just saying it was good. Give me your hand.” He holds out his hand and I hold both of mine up.

“I can’t. I’m holding stuff.” I blink at him with a clueless look. He takes my tea then takes a sip and holds my hand.

“I fixed the problem.” He smiles at me then pulls me. “Come on baby, walk.” I try to catch up to his steps while eating on the cinnamon bun. We walk up to the elevator and pressed the up arrow.

“Where are we going?” my voice was muffled by the end piece of the bun.

“Just wait… and you’ll see.” He smiles at me then kisses my forehead. I wipe my mouth with the napkin from the icing sticking to my face. Ilhoon hands me my tea to wash it down with.

“Close your eyes.” Ilhoon said calmly.

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

“But… why?” I pressed on.

“Stop being difficult and do it.” He turned me around and I closed my eyes. I felt my glasses being taken off of my face with a silk fabric replacing them.

“What are you doing?” I said with some worry in my voice.

“Calm down, you’ll see.” He rubbed my arms and I felt him place my glasses back on my face then he chuckled; probably because I looked like a complete moron with my glasses on over the silk scarf. I pouted while he continued to chuckle. When the elevator stopped, Ilhoon held my hand and led me to our next destination. I smacked myself with the straw to try and find my mouth and took a hard sip when I felt my stomach turn in knots. I was nervous once again. I’ve been in front of an audience with hundreds of people for my chorus concerts in school when I had solos but I didn’t feel nervous. But Ilhoon? He makes me feel nervous. I blinked a couple times to see if I could see through the fabric but I couldn’t.

“We’re here.” Ilhoon whispered in my ear. I heard him unlock the door then he placed my hand on the handle. “Are you ready?” he said with excitement. I gulped then nodded twice. I pushed the door open and he held me through, with his hands on my waist.

“On the count of 3, remove the scarf okay?” he wrapped his arms around my stomach and held me tight as I nodded.

“1…2…3!” he shouted and I pulled the scarf off my eyes. My vision was a little unfocused so I blinked a couple of times to refocus, but when I did, I wasn’t expecting this. I wasn’t expecting this at all.