Matches

Protection (HIATUS)

 

Jessica and Tiffany watched as Chanyeol and Nana got ready for their fight. The blonde was sizing each fighter up for a personal file in her memory, in case she had to use any information in the near future. The redhead was just watching in awe. She hadn't seen many fights and this would be one of the very few. The two fighters on the field bowed to each other and took their places a few paces away from the other. 
 
 
Jessica could tell just by looking at Nana and having caught glimpses of the woman during the dodgeball match, that she was a close combat fighter. What kind of close combat was yet to be determined. Chanyeol was a bit harder to determine the fighting style of. He was a lanky guy that looked like he was a bit unbalanced. He also looked like he wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone a woman. Jessica was hoping for this fight to take a while, so that her time would be prolonged.
 
 
The two on the field stayed as unmoving statues. Chanyeol was already in position to attack. His longs legs set with his left straight out in front and the right to the back and bent about 45 degrees. His left arm extended and hand fisted. His right pulled back with his palm parallel to the ground. Jessica noted that the lanky guy was trained in Kung Fu. 
 
Nana was also in position, awaiting attack. She had both feet firmly planted like the infrastructure of a skyscraper, one in front of the other. Both slightly bent to kept the blood flowing and for stability in case she was attacked. Her hands balled into stoney fists both in front of her faces, like a boxer for defense. The blonde protector also noted this woman was trained in Karate. 
 
Chanyeol seemed to get impatient, as he made the first move. Instead of keeping his defensive stance, he lunged forward at the woman for a quick jab to her stomach that missed. Nana had brought her right hand down and swept it to the right, moving the young man's attack into oblivion. He at least had the sense to move back out of her range quickly. Nana smirked at the guy. 
 
 
When the young guy was still preparing his stance, Nana rushed at him with a roundhouse kick to his ribs that he deflected to the side of his left thigh by jumping up. As Chanyeol came back down, he put his force into his left foot so he could stomp on Nana's right foot. He was able to do that much before jumping backwards out of her range again. While Chanyeol was back out of the buff woman's range, he stopped moving and closed his eyes. He looked like he was focusing his energy, he was. The young man's feet and hands started glow a tinge of red. Once he opened his eyes, he attacked again. His speed was at least 10 times faster than before. Chanyeol's hands  were with fingers glued together and they made swift, almost invisible, movements to strike Nana's pressure points. Because of her build, she was not able to back out of his attack quick enough and ended up dropping on the ground, motionless. Chanyeol had temporarily paralyzed her. The fight was over. 
 
 
Yunho came to the center of the field and announced Chanyeol's win and Nana's defeat. The young guy walked back to his cheering friends and Boa took Nana into  the compound, for treatment Jessica assumed. The Jung Kwangjangnim called 3 and 4 forward. Jessica took a breath and stepped out, Tiffany behind her saying a 'fighting' for her blonde friend. 4 happened to be Tao. They both walked out onto the center of the field and bowed to each other after Yunho announced the beginning of their fight. 
 
 
Jessica knew this guy was more proficient in Kung Fu than Chanyeol was, so she'd have to be more careful. If Chanyeol had taken out Nana in a matter of minutes, Tao could do even more in less time. The track suit wearing guy got into position, much like Chanyeol's and Jessica did nothing. 
 
 
The blonde knows she's good at fighting, great even. She's fought Kung Fu fighters before, and they were way more opposing than Tao is. She would wait, like Nana did, until Tao lost his patience. For her, it was about bringing the opponent into her range, not the other way around. After five minutes o Jessica looking over her nails, determining she would need a manicure after all this, Tao finally lost his patience. He went for an open palmed attack to her abdomen, which he underestimated her speed. Jessica jumped back and ducked down to swipe his feet from under him in a spinning motion. 
 
 
Tao fell on his back, but didn't get up. He waited for Jessica to attack him in a vulnerable position, but she didn't. Him going into her range, not the other way. The blonde stayed a good 10 meters away from him. He got up and did the same focusing of energy thing that Chanyeol did. Jessica knew that him doing that meant that she no longer had the speed upper hand, but she still had enough power to match his, probably. 
 
 
Tao rushed Jessica and she was as ready as she could be. She figured he would aim for her pressure points, so she crouched a little right before he could pinpoint her and  punched him hard and perfectly aimed in his gut. He groaned as he stumbled backwards. She knocked the wind out of him, though she was hoping for more. 
 
 
The blonde quickly went out of his range and caught her breath. Tao had managed to hit two points in her left arm. Taeyeon ran up to her. "Blondie, you saw what that kid and the tall kid before him did?"
 
Jessica nodded. 
 
"Do the same thing. Focus your aura into your right fist," Taeyeon coached. 
 
The blonde tried. She closed her eyes and took a breath. After a few seconds she complained, "Nothing's happening!"
 
"Just picture your aura flowing within your body."
 
Jessica closed her eyes and did as instructed. She imagined a blue color swirling around. 
 
"Now, picture it flowing all into your fist.  Your hands should start to get warmer. Your aura is essentially your spirit energy. It's normally intangible, but when you localize it in one place, you can feel it and see it."
 
Jessica kept picturing her aura flowing all to her fist that she held at her side. Her right hand did start to get warmer, when she felt her hand on fire, she opened her eyes. Jessica's fist was glowing a dark, icy blue. She smiled proudly at herself and cheered, shoving her fist in the little demon's face. "Look at it! I'm awesome!"
 
Taeyeon backed away from the fist, "You can't be shoving that all over the place. It's cold and I'll probably freeze if you touch me." The demon looked at Tao getting up, "Go finish that up."
 
Jessica nodded and went back to focusing on her fight while Taeyeon scampered off o the field. Tao smirked a bit when he saw Jessica's limp arm, but it washed away as he saw the blonde's icy fist. He was more than 10 meters away and he could feel the intense cold coming from the blonde. He knew he was in trouble. He ran to the masters and bowed in front of them. "I'm sorry, but I cannot finish this match! I forfeit! Thank you for this opportunity!"
 
 
Yunho's eyes widened some, "Very well. You may leave."
 
 
Jessica watched the guy run off the field and literally bow out. She was confused. Was she not worth the fight? She jogged to the masters and Tao. "Yah! What's up? Fight me! Come on!"
 
Tao shook his head and ran away from her again, this time through the compound and down the mountain. He was not risking anything, especially his life on a fight with the blonde and her icy aura. He knew when it was game over for him.
 
 
Yunho clapped a hand on Jessica's shoulder and chuckled, "Well kid, looks like you won this fight!"
 
"By forfeit. It's not a real win," she grumbled and bowed to the masters before walking back to Tiffany. 
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
"Your girl is quite remarkable, to bring forth that much power without any training. Her aura is killer, literally." Boa commented. Even she had to admit what Jessica did was impressive. The Kwon master didn't fail to notice the surprised looks on all the other competitors' faces. No one expected that lazy, mean girl to show off something like that. 
 
Yunho nodded proudly, "You got that right! I knew she was great, but not this great! I'm excited for the next round!"
 
"Babo-yah! You're supposed to be trying to stay unbiased!"
 
"Too late!"
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
 
The next rounds went by monotonously as Jessica mentally recorded all the information she would possibly need in the future. Sangchu, Luhan, Sehun all won their fights and would be moving on. Jessica would be fighting Luhan next. Tiffany would fight Sehun last. Sangchu and Chanyeol would be fighting first. 
 
 
Before the second round started, the competitors we're allowed no time to rest. Jessica and Tiffany didn't really need to rest, but the other four did. Not like they cared. Jessica was worrying over Tiffany's impending fight. She was sure that the redhead had some kind of hidden abilities, but whether or not she could use them during an actual fight was the problem. 
 
 
Tiffany herself did not seem as worried. She just bounced excitedly as she waited for the next round to start. Jessica felt something was off about her. Much like when she saved the girl from the truck. In retrospect, Jessica now thinks that maybe the girl didn't need saving. A lot of things about Tiffany weren't matching up. 
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
 
Sangchu and Chanyeol's fight ended fast. Though Chanyeol's Kung Fu coupled with his effective use of focused aura was a deciding factor for his fight against Nana, it was not for Sangchu. Sangchu didn't show much of his power in his first match, so the younger guy had no real idea about the buff man's power. Even with his size so much more bulkier than Chanyeol's, Sangchu was way faster because he focused all I his aura in his feet. Smart use of knowing that he wouldn't be as fast as the Kung Fu fighter. Sangchu was able to win by this. He knocked out Chanyeol fast. 
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
 
Before Jessica's match, Sangchu walked up to her. "Don't let your guard down with that kid. He's hiding way more power than you think. I can sense it. His aura is... deadly," the buff man warned before dropping to the ground from exhaustion. Apparently using that much spirit energy had a price. Jessica wondered if he would even be able to fight the next round. 
 
 
Jessica walked to the field, leaving Tiffany and Taeyeon behind on the sidelines. The monkey demon stuck her tongue out, but still said a 'fighting' to the blonde along with Tiffany. Sehun and Tiffany would be fighting in this next match. The guy had much the same emotionless face as Jessica did. They bowed to each other and begun. 
 
 
Sehun made no move into any form of defensive nor offensive stance. Jessica was surprised with this, however, she was even more surprised when her opponent made a mad dash to the sideline, to Tiffany. 
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________
A/N: Dun! Dun! Dun!