Happenings: Part 1

Protection (HIATUS)

 

Jessica unceremoniously rose from her short nap when the monkey demon jumped on her stomach and into Tiffany's arms. She sat up straight and frantically looked around her for what woke her up, as if she was possessed. When her sleep was finally shaken away, she glared at the demon who just smiled and waved back at her innocently. 
 
"Little b*stard!" Jessica exclaimed through gritted teeth and tried to grab the little demon. 
 
Tiffany turned away as defense. The two girls ended up with blonde's arms around the redhead's torso, like a back hug. Jessica didn't think much of it, since she just kept trying to reach for the monkey demon. Tiffany let go of the trouble making demon and took ahold of Jessica's wrists and, in one swiftly executed movement, flipped the blonde over her shoulder and onto the ground. 
 
 
Both the monkey demon and Jessica looked at Tiffany in shock. The little monkey went over to Jessica after it came out of its shocked state. The demon poked at the blonde's cheeks to get her out of her daze. Jessica didn't move a muscle. She was lost in thought. Tiffany had just judo flipped her on the ground like a pro. The redheaded charge also didn't seem too fazed by there being a monkey demon. Tiffany also seemed to think it was perfectly fine that Jessica knew about demons too. Tiffany was hiding too many things that Jessica has now made it her other mission to find out. 
 
 
Tiffany was also surprised with herself. She'd never done such a thing before. The redhead rushed and kneeled down to her best friend to make sure she was alright. Tiffany frantically lifted Jessica into a sitting position to check her back for any bruises or other marks. Jessica just stayed still and let her do her thing. But she did whisper, "What are you?"
 
 
Tiffany blushed and lent Jessica a hand to stand up. Once they were both standing, the monkey demon thought it was its turn to speak, "Fany-ah. You nearly knocked this chick out."
 
Jessica scoffed and took the monkey by its neck and brought their faces together. "Look you little b*stard. I did not get nearly knocked out. I was simply dazed by the sudden attack. Okay?"
 
"Sure," it nodded. "And my is as blue as the sky." The little monkey swung itself so that it could climb over Jessica's arm and sat on her shoulder. "The masters are getting ready to come out and take you guys to the next trial."
 
 
Tiffany nodded and noticed that the other competitors had been watching the little scene. Jessica patted her on the shoulder telling her it's nothin to worry about. The two walked closer to the main building as the masters came out. Yunho smiled and clapped his hands, "Follow us." Everyone followed the masters with Jessica and her charge as the caboose. They were led around the building and to a small off building from the main compound. Jung Kwangjangnim opened the doors to the building and gestured for them to enter. All the competitors took of their shoes and entered. 
 
 
"You all will draw lots and we'll proceed from there," Boa spoke. She held out a bowl with papers in it. One by one, they filed into a line, chose a paper slip, and moved away from each other to look at it. 
 
 
Instead of numbers, there was a color on the paper. Jessica got green and whispered for the monkey to tell her what Tiffany got. When the little demon came back, it told her that the redhead also got green. The other competitors had chosen one of two colors, green and red. 
 
 
Once everyone had checked their slips, Boa spoke again, "You all have one of two colors written on that paper; green or red. Those of you that have red, stand behind me. Those with green, stand behind Yunho." The competitors rearranged themselves behind their proper masters.
 
"Okay, the next trial will be dodgeball. The winning team moves on and the losers go back down the mountain and never come back," Yunho said. A rather insensitive man he is. "Five minutes to make new friends and then we start."
 
 
Both the masters walked from their sides of the dojang and off to the side to observe. Yunho was hoping for Jessica's team to win because he's been biased since he played with her during his presentation. Boa knew he was being biased, and scolded the older master for that. She just wanted to see how this would all play out. Whomever passed all of the trials, would be their last pupils. 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________
A/N: Ayo! Waddup? Part 2 will be up after work. I have to get ready for work now, but I just really wanted to put a little something up to play with your feels :P