Day Two

10 Days

Zelo POV

Sunlight streamed into the room from the opened french doors, bathing the room in brightness and seemingly amplifying the colors around the room. I strained to open my eyes and groaned loudly when the light intruded on my blissful sleep. I reached my hand out, expecting to feel something warm and fleshy, but instead was greeted by a hand full of silk sheets. I lift my head in confusion, finally willing my eyes to open and inspect the empty spot next to me. Where had he gone?

"Oh, you're finally up." a soft, deep voice came from the doorway. I looked over and laughed inwardly to myself. His hair was sticking in every direction possible, and he was lazily sipping a mug of steaming coffee, looking at me with chestnut colored eyes. 

"Morning...how long have you been up?" I asked while stretching my arms high above my head and giving him a sweet and innocent smile. 

"About an hour? Maybe a little less. Room service stopped by and brought us some breakfast, so the knocking woke me up." I finally took notice of the service cart parked by the bed, a single vased rose and covered plates furnishing the top. Mmm, whatever it was, I just realized how amazing it smelled. I looked over at him again and smiled, lifting myself onto my knees and making my way across the bed, motioning for him to come closer. He raised an eyebrow but smirked and came toward me all the same, setting his coffee down on the table by the door. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he did the same to my waist, bringing us unimaginably close. He smelled like fresh vanilla and peppermint coffee creamer, the scent invading every crook of my brain and making me melt into a pile of goo. He rested his forehead against mine and smiled softly, looking directly into my eyes before taking one of his hands from my waist and running it through my hair and down the side of my face, pulling me closer to him. My eyes slipped shut just as his lips graced mine...

"ZELO! WATCH OUT!"

Himchans' loud voice snapped me back from my day dream just in time for my body to collide with something warm and hard, making both of us fall to the ground in a tangled heap of limbs. I groaned and rubbed my forehead, whatever I had run to was soft enough to break my fall but my head wasn't so lucky and must have fit through a hole and hit the ground. I sat up on my knees, but let all my weight rest on whatever was underneath me. My head was still spinning and I could faintly hear someone else mumbling around me. I looked to my right and saw Jongup and Daehyun looking at me with shocked expressions plastered on their faces. "What?"

"Uh Zelo...?" the item underneath me spoke quietly and a bit out of breath. 

Wait...inanimate objects don't talk, and if they did, I don't think they would sound like...My head flashed to the man trapped under me by my legs, which where on either side of his hips, effectively pinning him to the floor. My eyes widened in horror at the realization of the situation.

I had run into Bang, fallen on him, and was now straddling him. Oh my God, I was straddling Bang Yong Guk. Well, there goes what was left of my sanity. 

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, hyung!" I scrambled away from the rapper to the other side of the practice room, furthest away from the cause of my distractions. Bang sat up and rubbed the back of his head, looking in my direction. "Damn kid, you got a hard head! Watch where you're going next time and this won't happen you klutz!" He sent me a cold look and rubbed his head again. I blushed and could feel my eyes start to fill with tears, blurring my vision and causing me to sniffle and whimper quietly. 

"Zelo? Are you alright?" Jongup came up next to me and set a comforting hand on my shoulder, squatting in front of me and looking at me worriedly. I took in a sharp breath and nodded franticly, wiping the tears that were now pouring from my eyes. "Y-Yes! I j-just need some fresh air, is all!" 

I stood up quickly and practically ran out of the practice rooms, leaving an extremely confused group of hyungs behind. I ran through the halls, not really caring about who I ran into or what they called after me, I just wanted to get out of the building. The front door came into view and I sprinted toward the light, blasting through them and coming to a halt at the bottom of the stairs, leaning over and pressing my hands onto my knees. Tears still fell from my eyes, but they had slightly subsided to falling every know and then. I took deep breaths of cold winter air and straightened up, looking around for any signs of being noticed. Everyone seemed to be to enthralled with what they were doing to even notice my presence or my dramatic entrance. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and sniffled again quietly. 

Why had Bang acted like that? He had never yelled at me before, or even insulted me. Sure, we messed around with  each other and called each other playful names, but we never yelled. What changed? What happed from yesterday to today? Did Bang hate me now? I stopped in my tracks at the thought. I would die if he hated me, seriously I wouldn't have the will to go on if that was the case. I shook my head and continued walking before coming up to a little coffee shop called, Cafe Uncensored. It was my favorite place to hangout with my non-idol friends, mostly because the place was like a skate boarders paradise and American metal and rock music played loudly over the speakers. I opened the doors, greeted by the smell of vanilla and peppermint and sat down at the booth in the corner, thinking of ways I would drown my sorrows in strawberry banana cakes and hot chocolate, until nothing remained but a content tummy and an empty mind.