Feelings

CRI Academy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The sirens could be heard distinctively even two blocks away from downtown Seoul six o’clock in the morning.

“Detective LN,” an officer bowed, “this way please.” He lifted the yellow crime scene tape up for easier access for the detective he had admired so much.

The other male gave the officer a curt nod, barely acknowledging his presence, and stepped into the crime scene, not giving the slightest care of the young officer’s shinning eyes and whispers of “he’s so cool!”

The forensics team was pulling in, the citizens attempting to crowd around in order to fulfill their curiosity, the shout of orders were all one could hear at the moment. Luhan closed his eyes for a minute, the adrenaline pumping into his veins, the desire for a good case, the desire for a criminal mastermind, and the desire for revenge. This was the life he breathed.

It was difficult to take notice of Luhan in a place like this, where everyone was busy trying to get his or her job done, for Jungkwan however, Luhan was his job at the moment. In just a matter of minutes, Jungkwan had already approached the younger.

“We have already closed off the entire block.” Putting a hand on Luhan’s shoulder, Jungkwan pulled Luhan inwards. “The body was discovered at 5:41 a.m. by Lee Nana. Ms. Lee had already been pulled aside for questioning, all I know now is that she was on her usual jogging routine and came across the body.” He gestured to the woman afar.

Luhan casted a glance to the slim figure, she was wearing long sweat pants and a simple T-shirt, bare arms exposed to the chilly morning air, currently occupied by an officer.

Lee Nana.

Lowering his eyes, Luhan allowed Jungkwan to guide him further in as his mind brainstormed thousands of possibilities of how this murder came to happen.

Their steps came into a halt, stopping right in front of the cold body, the three letters beside written in blood, still as mocking in Luhan’s eyes as before.

JTR

Before his eyes could turn ice cold, Luhan quickly noticed something else that replaced his expression with a frown.

♔♜♔♜♔♜♔♜♔

Sehun traced his fingers over the messy handwriting again, gaining another curious glance from Kyungsoo and Jongin sitting nearby.

“So Luhan isn’t coming to classes today?” Offered Kyungsoo, trying to make some conversation within the awfully quiet atmosphere between the trios.

“No,” replied Sehun rather grumpily, index finger tracing over the emoticon Luhan had drew on the yellow sticky note – a smiley face, not quite the mood Sehun was feeling now.

“Hey, at least Luhan hyung left a note.” Jongin said.

“Yea, I guess.” Sehun’s spirit lifted up the slightest, before it turned into a glare. “Who gave you the permission to call Luhan hyung?”

“Oh!” Jongin exclaimed excitedly, surprising both Sehun and Kyungsoo. “It’s a long story but Luhan hyung and I were childhood friends back then!”

Kyungsoo raised his brows, and Sehun gawked. Both stared at Jongin whom days ago still viewed Luhan as an enemy, but really was a long lost pal.

“Interesting…” Kyungsoo muttered.

“So you’re telling me that Jongin now holds a more special place than me in Luhan’s heart?” Muttered Sehun. “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Sehun returned his gaze to the sticky note Luhan had left him, an attempt to filter out Jongin’s talk about his adventures with ‘his-Luhan-hyung’.

Sehun-ah, I won’t be able to make it to class today so don’t wait for me! Breakfast is on the table so remember to eat it! :)

-Luhan

♔♜♔♜♔♜♔♜♔

“Your thoughts?”

“A copycat.”

Like a bomb, Luhan’s words created uproars from the officers.

It was nine o’clock and the air in the boardroom was getting warm as the sun continued to rise, but nothing was as heated as the gazes the polices had on the male sitting at the head of the table.

Unaffected by the attention he was getting, Luhan slowly pulled out the envelope from behind.

“This just came in from the forensic.”

No longer caring how the forensic results got into someone else’s hands before they could even had a glance. The team pressed on with questions.

“What conclusion did you come up with?” Detective Jungkwan asked, still keeping his calm.

“What made you think the culprit was just a copycat and not JTR himself?” An old detective, who still didn’t take any of this young famous detective’s bull seriously.

“Detective LN! I love you!” This was just a random female police that can be ignored.

“This.” Luhan pulled out a picture of the bloody letters.

“Written in blood ‘JTR’ as usual.” The old detective answered, “I don’t see what’s different with the other cases.”

“Imagine yourself as the victim,” Luhan casted a cold glance at the detective, a smirk danced off his lips. The old detective frowned. “Well? Go on, must I teach you how to lie down?”

“I didn’t know being famous gives someone the right to disrespect your elders.”

“Well, I didn’t know that being old gives someone the right to underestimate me.” Luhan retorted.

Jungkwan frowned, the old detective was known as stubborn within the department, now against the ever cocky, arrogant and young Luhan, both sides won’t back down unless they win. 

“Enough, Youngjae, you go lie down.” Jungkwan instructed another officer.

The o

Please log in to read the full chapter