Come Watson Come, the Game is Afoot

CRI Academy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Luhan hated mornings with a passion.

Not that he wasn’t a morning person, or that he couldn’t get pass the first few hours without a liter of caffeine in liquid form – although that was a little bit exaggerated, he just disliked mornings and waking up. If he could sleep in for as long as he wanted, Luhan probably wouldn’t wake up until three p.m. in the afternoon or as long as his empty stomach allows him.

Luhan originally planned to sleep as long as he could, he didn’t want to have to get up and deal with a messy case so early. But it seemed like somebody didn’t want him to do so…

Poke.

He felt something jabbing his right cheek in his slumber state, he was always a light sleeper, so quick that Luhan thought he had imagined it.

Poke.

Luhan squeezed his eyes close, hard, refusing to open them. Probably a fly, he thought with his clouded morning brain and attempted to go back to sleep.

Poke. Poke.

This time Luhan brought his hand up to swap whatever was disturbing him in this sorry hour. Flies could be very annoying in South Korea. Unfortunately his palm met nothing but the chilly morning air: oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and who knows what other molecules it contains.

Poke, poke, poke.

The warmth from the touch on his cheek told him otherwise. It wasn’t a fly.

Poke, poke, jab, poke. Two continuous pokes, then a harder one that felt more like a jab and another light poke and it came to a pause, then…

Poke.

Luhan could feel the inside of him fuming, desperately needing an opening to let out all of this anger. Who dares to disturb the great detective Luhan’s sleep?

His eyes opened widely, fire emitting from his dark orbs as he glares at the brave idiot in front of him. I swear to God, I’ll…

“Good morning hyung.” Sehun grinned widely, two eyes forming half crescent moons as he waved his hands in bed.

♔♜♔♜♔♜♔♜♔

Kyungsoo took note of the stillness in the air as he sat down in front of the breakfast table. Looking around and hoping to catch a clue of the reason behind the tension in the dining room, Kyungsoo only spotted Luhan stabbing his scrambled eggs and sausages as if the food had stolen his girlfriend, and Sehun looking like a kicked puppy, sending pitiful looks to Luhan.

It was awkward, but Kyungsoo, who also liked the silence because it was really hard to get some when you’re friends with Jongin and Sehun. So instead of making a conversation, Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to grab his own share of breakfast and completely missed the eye signals Sehun was trying to deliver to him.

The dining room went back to being quiet, no sounds were made except the clinking of forks and knifes with the fine china plates. Sehun silently prayed for a miracle, a loud noise that could relieve him of this stress.

“Good morning!” Sehun quickly thanked God for always being by his side whenever needed. He raised his head to see Krystal and Victoria coming down the staircase.

“Good morning!” Sehun replied swiftly, voice coming out squeakier than he liked.

“Good morning Luhan-sshi,” said Victoria to Luhan,

Please log in to read the full chapter