Telling The Kids

How I Met Your Umma (HIATUS)

The present things that are happening and Taeyeon's narrating will be in italics.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyun tapped his foot nervously as he leaned against the wall near his appa's den, wondering what sort of trouble he was in now for his appa to call him to his den. Hearing footsteps that were closing in, he turned hoping for the best that it was his umma and not his appa but let out a silent sigh of relief as he saw his older sister, Joohyun, walking over to him. Joohyun lifted her eyebrow as she was surprised to see her brother here.

 

"Baekhyun what are you doing?"

 

The maknae blinked his eyes a bit, getting slightly confused as he knew if his sister was here then he wouldn't be in trouble.

 

"Tae appa told me to come here."

 

Joohyun was about to ask her younger brother something as they both heard footsteps and a small figure walking over to them.

 

"Aaah kids. You're finally home. Come on, I have something to tell you both."

 

Taeyeon opened the door to her den, flipping the switchs for the lights to go on. She made her way to her desk and sat down on her favorite chair while her children sat down on the couch that was opposite of her. Both of her kids seemed quite uneasy as a lecture from their appa was cruel and very time consuming and being teenagers, they liked to have a lot of time on their hands. Taeyeon started to speak which made her kids flinch.

 

"Children do you know why I called you in to my den this time?"

 

Joohyun and Baekhyun shook their heads at the same time. Baekhyun was pretty much on the edge of the couch as Joohyun's fingers were fidgetting. The two were very clueless on what their appa was going to tell them anything but the oldest Kim child looked over to the maknae.

 

"Baekhyun did you do something bad and or stupid again?"

 

Baekhyun blinked as he shrugged his shoulders.

 

"I don't think I did anything bad lately....."

 

Joohyun turned her attention back to her appa.

 

"Appa please if this is that talk then-"

 

"No its not that. I know you both are old enough to know what is."

 

Taeyeon then reclines her chair to make her more comfortable but that only made her children feel more uncomfortable. Baekhyun was basicly an inch away from falling flat on the ground on to his as he finally broke that little moment of silence and said something.

 

"Ok Tae appa. What is it? What do you have to tell us?"

 

A smirk was suddenly planted on Taeyeon's face at her son's question and looking her children in their eyes as she sat up straight.

 

"Kids. I'm going to tell you the story of how I met your umma."

 

Taeyeon was expecting her children to be excited about her finally telling the story of her and their umma but Baekhyun only fell on to the ground and the Kim children's faces had the same expression which seem to have some disappointment and a 'I-should've-known' type of look all mixed in to one. Joohyun helped her brother back on to the couch and beamed a bit of a glare to her snickering and smirking appa.

 

"Appa are you serious? Can't we do this some other time? I had to cancel my date with Lizzy!"

 

Baekhyun said rubbed his rear a bit, groaning as his older sister nodded in agreement with the maknae.

 

"Yeah Appa, I was suppose to go finish my project for my politics class."

 

Taeyeon shook her head as she let out a sigh, turning away from her kids.

 

"Aah.... But there is no other time thats better than now!  Plus you kids have been bother both me and your umma for years about how we met and only now seems to be the best moment to tell you two!"

 

The Kim children flinched slightly as they heard a bit of anger in their appa's voice. They leaned back in the couch, feeling that uneasiness once again but Taeyeon turned back to face her kids and taking a deep breath in to calm herself down.

 

"Now, just listen ok kids? After this, You can go finish or date whatever got it?"

 

They nodded and relaxed in to the couch as Joohyun arched her brow.

 

"So appa, where does it start?"

 

Taeyeon only smiled as she reclines her chair once again.

 

"Hm... Well first off, lets start off with how I met your aunts ok? Because they play a major part in this story. Now who did I first meet?..... Ah It was your Aunt Tiffany!"

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Next chapter is for my Yulti lovers! How Tae meets Tiffany and Yul and how they get together.

Gif Credit goes to cheesykebin.tumblr.com