Fever

Bad Dreams

Minzy groaned as she started to feel her body aching. "What the hell..." she mumbled as she attempted to toss to her side to feel the pain increase. "Ouch," she hissed as she stopped, hoping the pain would decrease. But sadly the pain stayed forcing her eyes to open, as her eyes shifted from left to right examining her room to find nothing had changed. Not understanding why her body was reacting the way it was, Minzy tried to push herself up into a siting position. "," she shrieked as the pain intensified. Suddenly the door flung open, causing Minzy to gasp in shock and lose her balance to fall flat on her back. "AHH," she wailed as the pain rippled throughout her body.

"Minzy," a voice called down to her as she laid with her eyes tightly shut in hopes that this little notion would block out the pain she was experiencing. "Minzy," the person repeated as she felt the covers being pushed away from her body and pulled into an embrace. "It's okay I'm right here."

"It hurts," she began to cry.

"I know, I know," the person cooed. "This is only the beginning."

She was confused as she heard that. Blinking back the tears, she looked up to be met with deep brown eyes. They were filled with concern and understanding. "What do you mean by that?"

At a blink of an eye, Minzy felt a hand being placed on her forehead, "It's going to start pretty soon."

Minzy's head snapped to where the voice came from to see that it was CL and that the hand belonged to her. "It's happening so fast," Seunghyun frowned as he gave Minzy a light squeeze.

"I know," CL nodded as she shot him a look.

"Huh," Minzy tried to understand the conversation at hand. Seeing that neither CL or Seunghyun weren't really listening she tried to reach up to nudge Seunghyun when she saw multiple bruises, scratches, and cuts covering her arm. "What the ," she said shocked as she looked to see that her other arm was damaged just as bad.

"You went through a brutual fight last night," CL answered before Minzy could ask.

"You barely made it," Seunghyun frowned.

CL nodded, "But the fact of the matter is that you did, meaning you can take what's going to come next."

"And what is that," Minzy coughed a laugh as she tried to tolerate the pain along with all these half answers she was getting.

Seunghyun chuckled as he gave her another light squeeze, "Whoa you've become fiestier than I last remembered."

"It's better this way. Maybe it will give her an edge," CL grinned.

"What," Minzy hissed feeling agitated by the second because of the new pain forming in her head as she tried to peice everything they were saying together.

Before Seunghyun could answer he felt her starting to heat up in his arms. He placed the back of his hand onto her cheek and sure enough the fever was coming. He quickly shot a look to CL, to see that she was already out the door and in the bathroom.

Minzy sighed feeling hot as she tried to push herself out of Seunghyun's arms. "Damn it just got hot all of a sudden," she said as she began to fan herself with her hand. Beads of sweat started to form as she looked to see Seunghyun trying to hover over her.

"Minzy it's going to be okay," he kept repeating as he wiped at the sweat that started to pour down her face.

"Damn it, move out of my way! You're making me even more hot," she pushed him away as she wiped at her face feeling the temperature rising. "What the hell, it's so hot!" She groaned at the increasing heat, "Can you get me some cold water and turn down that damn heat?!"

Seunghyun shook his head as he stood looking down at her, "You can't have water just yet. You have to go through the fever."

"It's ready," CL came rushing in as she stood next to him.

"What is," Minzy asked as she lay groaning in pain from the heat radiating off of her. She tried her best to stay focused as she sweated like no tomorrow and began to daze off.

"Stay strong Minzy. We'll be here for you," CL's voice echoed through Minzy's ears as she passed out.

 

Minzy opened her eyes as she smelt smoke, she was lying face down on her floor. "What is burning? Mom did you forget to turn off the oven again?...Mom," she shouted down to get no reply. "Fine I guess I'll just do it myself," she mumbled as she pushed herself up. "Mom? Mom are you home," she called as she made her way down the stairs and to the kitchen. There still was no answer as she walked to the oven to see that it wasn't on. She frowned seeing that everything seemed to be off, yet the smell of smoke became stronger. Following where the scent was coming from, she found it odd that it led her to her front door. Placing her hand onto the door it felt as though it was getting warmer by the second. Opening the door, Minzy gasped in shock at the scene that was before her.

Stepping out the door with her eyes wide open, everything from the houses to the lawns were all set on fire. Minzy stood in the middle of the street as she watched the smoke filling the air above her and causing it to go a deep polluted red. She didn't know what to do as the houses began to crumble due to the fires until she heard a crackling coming from behind. Turning her attention to the direction of the sound she saw her house starting to go up in flames.

"NOOO," she screetched as the flames spread rapidly. She panicked as she looked around for something that could possibly put out the fire.

"It's too late," a voice boomed.

Minzy's head snapped back to see an unfamiliar figure standing a ways from her with a glare apparent on his face.