Chapter 3

Chemistry

The bell had rung ages ago, making him late for chemistry. Sehun charged down the corridor at full pelt, nearly missing the stairs in his haste. He took them three steps at a time, and caught his toe on one, landing on his knees painfully. He scrambled back to sprinting; why did chemistry have to be on the third floor?

He's late because his performing arts teacher decided to keep him behind to have a 'chat' about his work, and what he thought he should do, since he'd joined the class later than everyone else, and unsurprisingly it took longer than expected. Sehun didn’t exactly burst in, but it was still obvious that he'd just run all the way to the classroom. Sehun was surprised to find himself breathing so heavily: he'd thought he was in better shape that. Dodging past people who were either milling around unsure, or determined to get the best equipment for themselves, he made his way over to his new seat. Tao was already there, wearing big goggles and looking like he was going for the mad scientist look. It sort of...worked for him. When he saw Sehun, he smiled widely, handing Sehun a pair of goggles to wear too.

“Hot, right? Gotta love the goggles look,” Tao mumbled, pinging the elastic on his head, then looking as though he deeply regretted the action.

“Totally,” Sehun agreed slipping his own pair over his head, then patting down his fringe. Then he looked up at Tao.

The moment Tao's eyes unfocus Sehun begins to panic a little bit.

Crap.

He should’ve known running would set it off. He watched him warily, waiting for something to happen; everyone reacted differently to his….presence. But he seemed to just be staring at him, nothing too unusual. Sehun worked on taking deeps regular breaths, while looking round to see if he'd affected anyone else. He was lucky; no one else appeared to be behaving strangely. Bu this was bad; he'd promised that he'd be able to keep it under control here; the only reason his parents had let him attend college was because he'd spent weeks assuring them over and over that he would take every measure to stay calm and collected. He'd had to move round a lot because of his problems with this.

He was a genetic experiment. When he got agitated, and his heart rate rose, adrenaline triggered his brain to release an experimental artificial hormone. He'd been like this as long as he could remember, and his parents were desensitised, being one of the people who had worked on the original formula. Sehun looked up. Tao was still staring at him, but with a less unsettling expression. He blinked a few times, then slowly turned his head back to his titration, frowning slightly. Sehun took the opportunity to watch him without being noticed. He was attractive, certainly, his skin slightly on the dark side and eyes starkly black, with a nicely proportioned jawline. He had nice hair too, flopping over the edge of his goggles.

“What?” Tao had detected him watching. Oops.

“Nothing” he raised an eyebrow.

“The, uh, solution has been red for a while now” Sehun pointed out with a smirk. Tao turned to it hilariously quickly, possibly breaking something in the process,

“Aw, !” he exclaimed.

 

 

Tao and Sehun were sat on the bus together, and it was pretty busy on there. So many college students catch this bus home, so they considered themselves lucky they managed to get seats next to each other. After getting an armpit in his face, Sehun turned to Tao, and saw that he was listening to music. Sehun assumed it was to block out the general noise of the people talking. He noticed Sehun watching, and offered him an ear bud.

“Love this song,” he said nodding his head to the beat dorkily. Sehun couldn't count how many times Tao had managed to surprise him today, even when what he was doing wasn't particularly surprising. Tao was a good person to have as a friend, he decided.

“See ya tomorrow” Sehun nudged Tao's shoulder,

“Yeah” he nodded back. After stepping off, he turned around to check if Tao was still looking, and he pulled a face at through the grimy window. Charming. But it made Sehun smile anyway.

It was only a five minute walk home from here, so Sehun decided to take his time walking, avoiding the cracks in the pavement and looking around at his new neighbourhood.

When he reached his house, he let himself in, and went straight to my room, without bothering to make his existence known to his parents. They’d only be busy with some urgent report anyway. He logged on to his laptop and played some games for a while, wasting time, then tried and do some homework: this lasted for approximately ten minutes before he gave up, and headed downstairs in search of food.  In the kitchen Sehun had a surprise encounter with his mum. She was so rarely outside the lab that seeing her cooking was a shock,

“Mum, what’re you doing?” Sehun asks, surprise evident in his voice. By the look on her face it was clear he'd offended her slightly,

“What, am I not allowed in my own kitchen anymore?” she snorted, and put down her spoon with a clatter.

“No, no, it’s just that you’re never in here... do you even know how to cook?” Sehun teased. His mother pursed her lips and pretended to smack him with the spoon.

“Yes I bloody well can you silly boy, now either help me or get out. I’ll call you down when I’m done,” she shooed him away, back to his room. Half an hour later, when Sehun was called down for dinner, he realised he'd gotten no further with his homework than he had before going down the first time. He shrugged it off, it wasn't like his parents had to know that.

The dining table was laid and his parents were both waiting for him, which was a bit strange. Usually they got takeout and ate separately.

“This is probably the first family meal we’ve had in months” He commented, before sitting down, pleased.


i think theres about 40 chapters of this in total, but theyre all really short so

comment guys talk to mee~ 

tumblr askfm