Chapter 28

Chemistry

Tao held him tighter, using the strength he about to help hold them up, both physically and mentally. These people seemed hell-bent on making their lives a misery. Was Sehun’s hormone thing that much of a breakthrough? Why did they want him so badly? He pressed his face into his neck, breathing hot air onto his skin and making him shiver.

Why did he even let him go? He should’ve just kidnapped him himself and hid him under his bed. He'd be safe there at least. But then, he guessed he wouldn’t have found out about Jason, and everything else. He wondered if it was better now that they knew, or if ignorance really was bliss.

They didn’t go downstairs right away, Sehun kissed him for as long as they thought they could get away with without someone coming up to get them. His mum yelled for them again, and as they descended the stairs, hand-in-hand, he could hear her apologising to this Jason guy for them taking so long. He didn't know how he felt about the tone of voice she was using, it was the one she reserved for people she was developing a crush on, and from what Sehun told him, the guy may have saved his life, but he was a bit of an .

Sehun went through the door first, and the scowl permeating his features was a clear indicator of his feelings towards him. Tao his hand with hi thumb, and he squeezed it back. He stepped over the threshold into the living room, Tao in tow, and sat in one of the armchairs. The other was occupied by Jason, so Tao went to sit with his mum on the sofa, but Sehun tugged him back.

After a minor scuffle, he ended up sitting precariously on his knees, embarrassed to display their relationship so openly, especially in front of a stranger; if it were just his mum I wouldn’t mind so much. Sehun, however was unsatisfied, and slipped his hands around his waist, pulling him closer so his back was pressed up against his chest. He rested his chin on Tao's shoulder and sighed softly in against his ear, totally unbothered by the look Jason was giving them.

As only to be expected, his mum panicked and started shouting at them for not telling her everything, even though he had told her about most of it. He'd only left out the details that would get her in trouble. Naturally Xing turned up halfway through to find out what all the fuss was about, situating herself on the couch to watch the scene play out. She didn't look smug like she usually did when he was being shouted at, though.

Apparently his mum had thought he was joking at first, but then when it was obvious he wasn’t lying about anything she left the room looking gaunt. Later on she came back, looking like she had cried and then put makeup on. She was hiding it pretty well, if he didn't know what she looked like when crying, he would never guess she was so distraught. But he knew, and the guilt tore something inside. She must have been worried sick about both of them.

He cringed back into Sehun; it shouldn’t have been this way, and they shouldn’t have had to drag everyone else down with them. It was horrifying knowing that they weren’t going stop harassing them all until they had my boyfriend, and maybe even Tao locked up in some lab somewhere. They wanted to experiment on him, to literally mess with his brain.

Throughout this whole tirade, neither of them had said anything to support or contradict what Jason had been saying. Then he turned to them and told them,

“You should probably change location, that there’s a place you can stay safe where I work. A safe-house if you will,”

Tao gaped at him. So now he wanted them to uproot their lives and leave everyone and everything behind? Jongin and the others couldn't come too? What if Isla or Mr Evans hurt them? Jongin was involved with the prison break too, so what if they found him? What if they took him like they took Tao? His face must’ve changed because only seconds later Jason was holding up his hands in a placating manner,

“Ok, if you’d rather stay and have them find you, hurt or kill you, that’s another option I guess. Probably less desirable though,” his sarcasm was really annoying Tao, and he could tell it was irritating Sehun too;his grip was like a boa constrictor and his breathing was slow and controlled. Another reminder that he was different than everyone else.

His mum jumped in immediately with an affirmative; anything would be better than them dying, they would happily move. How Sehun managed an entire car journey with him was beyond him, and he really hoped his mum didn't try to flirt with him, that would be ridiculously embarrassing. In fact, she was making googoo eyes at him as he was thinking that. He wanted to vomit.

“I think we can spend one night here, at most. So pack up your things, quick.” He looked them both in the eye and did a patronising 'shoo' motion with his hand.

They didn’t budge for another moment, spending the wasted time glowering at Jason. They get up lethargically, dragging their feet. Sehun doesn’t have to pack anything because he has nothing to pack, and Tao doesn't want to do anything. When inside his room, he helped him choose a few t-shirts and jeans to throw into a bag, but they got side-tracked a few moments later. With each other.

This time Tao in control and he pushed him up against the door and led the kiss, his tongue slipping between the younger one's lips. He even went as far as sliding his hands under his shirt, before they were rudely interrupted yet again, this time by Xing knocking on his door.

“Please don’t be doing what I think you’re doing,” she sid through the wood of the door, and he reluctantly pulled away from Sehun, wiping his mouth shyly, just in time to see him rolling his eyes. He left his hand on his waist, not wanting to completely leave him.

“Is there actually a reason you are interrupting us?” He replied, annoyed with his family’s inability to recognise when they wanted to be alone,

“Yes, actually,” she banged on the door again just to annoy them, “Mum wanted to have a word with Tao,”  she informed then, then  he heard her bedroom door slamming, signalling that she was gone.

“I’m going with you, of course. Or we could just stay here…” he trailed off and rested his forehead against his, a very obvious hint. He kissed him again, deeply, then reluctantly pulled away, promising him that he'd be back soon, not to worry. He went back downstairs, regretting every moment that he was away from Sehun, especially so soon after he had arrived.

He sidled past the living room, where he know Jason was still sitting on the couch, trying not to draw attention to himself, and headed to the kitchen where he hope my mum was. He really didn't want to go into the living room where Jason was. Peeking around the doorfram, he stepped inside and closed the door silently,

“Mum?” He whispered, and she turned around from whatever she was doing on the counter, making food maybe, and embraced him,

“Tao,” she sighs into chest chest, and he hugged her back.

“I’m sorry, this is partly my fault-” he apologised, but she interrupted him before he could continue,

“No, it’s not your fault, and it’s not Sehun’s either. From what Jason told me, it’s only those scientists fault. Playing god with a child like that.” She made a disgusted noise, “are you two both ok up there? How’s the packing going? Don’t take too much, you have to carry it all, remember,” he smirked at her mother-hen attitude, and squirmed, anxious to get back to his boyfriend,

“We’re both totally fine, and the packing is going…fine,” the pause was too long for her to believe the lie,

“You haven’t even started, have you?” He looked to the side and pursed my lips, trying too hard to look innocent,

“Um, I got the bag picked out?” Tao tried, but she raised her eyebrows, clearly not believing a word.

“Do I need to hold Sehun hostage down here?” Tao pouts. In order for him to actually get any packing done, that would probably be a good idea, but he don’t want to be parted from him yet,

“Um, no I’ll start in a second, I promise,” he backed out of the kitchen as quickly as he could, with a five minute threat trailing after him. Only five minutes to do whatever he wanted with Sehun; he sprinted upstairs unwilling to waste any time.


I've finished editing everything now, so i think im going to do one update a day until its all complete (as long as i remember lol) so enjoy the remainder of this fic!