Chapter 26

Chemistry

After ending the call to Tao, the smile oozed off Sehun's face, replaced with a loose, irritated  grimace. He put his phone on to charge Then procrastinated for as long as he could by continuing to pack up his clothes and belongings, waiting to see if their need for him was urgent enough that they would send somebody else to chase him down. They did, just a few moments later.

“Sehun? We’re waiting on you, you can do this later,” his dad told him, waving his hand towards the remainder of his unpacked things. He sounded pretty tired. Sehun looked at him, pulling out the puppy-eyes card. He wasn't not having any of it though, and blinked at him, then jerked his head to tell him to hurry up. He make a small annoyed sound. Sometimes he and his dad seemed really close and other times it was like he didn’t even want to know me.

He left down the corridor and Sehun slammed down the lid of his suitcase and slowly headed downstairs, making a big show of his reluctance and playing up the role of grumpy teenager. He loitered in the doorway of Mr Evans’ lab until he ushered him inside and pointed at a chair in the middle of the room for him to sit on. He oblige, with an obvious roll of his eyes, hoping that the faster he co-operated, the sooner he'd see Tao again. He sat there for a moment while Mr Evans pulled out some paperwork.

Suddenly he turns around with a length of duct tape and grabbed his wrists before he had the chance to react, and by the time he realised what was happening his hands were bound behind the chair. Sehun swore colourfully but he ignored him, and covered his mouth with the tape too. Then he just left. He just left him tied to the chair.

Was this another test?

Desperately, he struggled to get free, but several layers of strong adhesive tape were basically impossible for someone of his strength to break through.He squirmed and writhed in his bindings, and came to the realisation that his hands weren't actually stuck to the chair, they were just pulled behind him. He could probably escape if he could just contort his body over the high back of the seat.

As he grunted, forcing his shoulders to what felt like breaking point to get his arms free, the door flew open and he rushed to sit back down, trying not to look suspicious, even though he's probably sweating. His heart is palpitating to, which means his implant must be going haywire. He was pretty sure whoever just walked in, a woman with shoulder length wavy hair, saw him trying to escape so there wasn't much point in trying to play the fool.

She frowned at him, the way a mother would frown at a naughty child. It was chilling, somehow.

“Please sit still,” she had a cute voice, and it didn't suit her no matter how pretty she seemed. She rummaged around in a draw in Mr Evans’ desk and pulled out a ball of string, tying his ankles to the chair leg without even bothering to cut it, leaving a trail between them.

It was at this point that he really began to panic; what the hell was going on? He rocked the chair back and forth to no avail. He thought this was going to be a short test, he was expecting something like another video reaction assessment. Certainly not to be tied up like a hostage!

He fought against the duct tape futilely, screaming unintelligible curses through his gag. He felt hot tears drip down his cheeks, and was humilliated by the way the woman just stood there watching him, smiling serenely like she did this every day. Who the hell was she? What was she doing here? Why sas she doing this to him? Where was Mr Evans? Why weren't his parents coming to look for him?

Unless he dislocated his shoulder or broke some bones to get free, like he saw in some movie- which I don’t even know how to do- he knew he wasn't getting free of this anytime soon. She hauled a suitcase he hadn’t noticed earlier onto the desk, dumping it on top of all the papers already there, and unfastened it. She extracted a thin black box and opened that too, making sure that Sehun could see everything. Except he couldn’t see what was inside, and he really don’t want to. The way she was looking at it terrified him.

He struggled again, tugging uselessly at his restraints. The woman raised her head slowly, and turns around to face me, a feral owlish look in her eyes. Her eyes looked unfocused and absent, like there was no one there, and his stomach dropped- his implant must have been causing some of this. She took two unhurried, deliberate steps closer to him, and snapped her hand up to his face, forcing him to look at her. He tried to look away, but she just clamped her fingers harder on his jaw. What came out of next sounded like a snarl,

“Sit. Still.” Her words were punctuated by her digging her claws into his cheeks. He did as she said as far as he could, trying to keep her ire at bay, but there was no way he could stop himself from hypwerventillating, his chest from raising up and down. He wimpered pitifully, tears still streaming down his face. What had he done to deserve this? Was this Mr Evans' way of silencing him? Did he know he knew something?

“Don’t move!” she screamed hoarsely, spittle flying out of , and reflexively he screwed up his eyes. Obviously the hormone made her violent, and if he didn't get out of here soon she was probably going to do something awful to him. She released his face, leaving crescent shaped indentations in his skin, and went back to staring at whatever was in her little black box.

He heard a strange sound, a metallic clack, and the crazy woman was bearing down on him again- this time with a syringe full of clear liquid in her hand. Knowing that it wouldn’t do him any good but unable to help himself, he started yelling again. This however just made her even more violent; she yanked on his hair and draged his head back,

“Don’t you dare scream! You try that again and I will give you pain you’ve never imagined!” She tugged at his scalp once more to make sure he got the message, then rolled up her sleeves. Rational and calm for just a moment, she carressed his face, and then without warning she jabbed the needle in his neck and pushed the plunger, ejecting the fluid into him.

He screamed.

She pulled away, laughing softly. He could barely see, vision blurry and lights flaring as his eyes roll back into his head, whatever it was starting to take effect already. Unable to say anything out loud, he voicelessly begged for someone, anyone, to come and save him. 


that got pretty intense huh sorry to drop this on you guys :O

dont forget to comment and please dont kill me ;)