When Will You Open Up?

BODYGUARD

Listen To:  G.NA & Lee Ki Chan; Count on Me (Inst.)

Credits to kyjjangyo via YouTube

____________________________________________________________

 

Uniform Outfits

Setting - School; Classroom 

 

"Now before I start, there is supposed to be one more new student-" Mrs. Kim began.  

The door suddenly bursts open and someone stumbles in.

"Sorry, I’m late!" 

Everyone looked to the front as the new student entered the classroom in a breathless state.  Beads of sweat were running down his forehead and he was breathing heavily.  All the textbooks he was holding had dropped onto the floor.  He had an appearance of a cute nerd, with black-framed glasses which hid his big eyes, a bowl-cut hairstyle, and a lanky physique.  He nervously scanned the classroom.  

"No worries!  Why don’t you introduce yourself first?" Mrs. Kim smiled.  

"Umm, okay.  I’m Taemin and I love to read books.  Hope I will make many friends and everyone will treat me well," he grinned.  

"Thank you Taemin!  Why don’t you take a seat?"

Taemin smiled at Mrs. Kim and nodded his head.  Most of the boys snickered, while the girls paid no attention to him.  He started to bend down and pick up his books.  Minjung saw him struggling and went up to help.

"Hi, I’m Minjung!  You’ll be sitting beside me.  Let’s get along and be good friends!  I’m new this year too.  Let me help you with your books," she flashed an eye smile at him.  

"Really?  Thanks so much," Taemin replied.  

Changjo looked towards the front of the classroom where he saw Minjung helping the new student with his books.  "When will she stop meddling into others' business?  But then again, if she didn’t meddle she wouldn’t be Minjung," he thought.   

"Why isn’t that unfair… the ugly nerd always gets the pretty girl!  Hey pretty girl, why don’t you go out with me instead?" A boy at the back of the room hollered.  

"Yeah… let’s hang after school?  Go on a date with us," another boy shouted.  

The boys snickered and continued to plead Minjung.  Suddenly they felt something hit both of their heads with undeniable force.  

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" The boys shouted in unison.  

They both turned around, but they couldn’t find anything that might’ve hit them.  Then, they made eye contact with Changjo.  He gave them an icy cold stare which made them shiver and turn back to the front, without uttering a word.  Changjo smirked and looked away.  By now, Taemin and Minjung had gone back to their desks and Mrs. Kim started teaching.

The lunch bell had rung and everyone ran out of the classroom for lunch break.  Changjo began to exit the classroom as well.  Taemin had just closed his textbook and began to speak to Minjung.

"Didn’t you think that the lesson was interesting, Minjung?"

There was no response.  Taemin looked over at Minjung and saw that she was still asleep.  He laughed and shook her awake.

"Minjung… Minjung… Minjung!"

Changjo heard Minjung’s name being called and ran back down the hallway as fast as he could.  He stopped at the entrance and saw Taemin trying to wake Minjung up.  He was about to run up to her when she started moving.

"Is class over already?" Minjung groaned, rubbing her eyes.  

"Well, it’s lunch time.  Let’s go eat!" Taemin replied.  

Minjung looked up and saw Changjo standing at the doorway.  She rubbed her eyes again, then took a closer look.  His hands were in fists and she saw sweat running down his face.  Their eyes met for a moment, but before she could speak, he walked away.  Minjung scrambled up, about to chase after Changjo, when she felt someone grab her arm.

"Minjung?  Aren’t we going to have lunch?" Taemin questioned.  

"Oh, umm… I have to go to the washroom.  Why don’t you go first?  I'll meet you at the cafeteria later."  

"Okay, see you!" Taemin smiled.  

Minjung ran out of the classroom, but Changjo was nowhere in sight.  She began to check all the classrooms, but there was still no sight of Changjo.

"It seemed as if he ran back to the classroom to ensure my safety… when Taemin called my name he must’ve thought something happened to me.  Maybe he thought I was poisoned?  Fainted?  Sick? Maybe he does care for me after all," she thought to herself.  

"Where could Changjo be?" Minjung wondered aloud.  "Well he likes to be alone all the time… a place where there won’t be much people.  Washroom?  No no no…" she sighed.  "Oh that's it, rooftop!" she whispered.  

 

Setting - School; Rooftop 

 

Minjung ran to the top of the stairs and opened the door leading to the rooftop.  It looked empty.  She turned around to leave, when something at the corner caught her eye.  She saw a person sleeping on the edge of the building.  She smiled to herself, knowing that it must be Changjo.  She slowly tiptoed towards Changjo, attempting to scare him, when he suddenly spoke.  

"What do you want?" 

"I knew I wouldn’t be able to scare you.  I saw you standing by the door, did you have something to say to me?" 

"No." 

Minjung sighed and stood against the wall, close to where Changjo was lying.

"Really now... I thought you might’ve had something to say to me," she said shyly, tapping her foot.   

Changjo didn't respond.    

"YAH, CHANGJO!  I’m getting mad.  Why don’t you just tell me… you thought I was in trouble right?  You came running for me right?"

"No," he responded, eyes still closed.  

"Yes you did…t-then, give me a reason why you ran back to the classroom!" Minjung shouted.  

"I just thought I left something behind," he said coolly.  

"Then why were you sweating?  That means you were running!" 

"It’s just hot."

"Fine, I’m leaving!" Minjung said, embarassed.  

Changjo couldn’t help but smile to himself.

After a couple hours, school ended.

Changjo was the first to leave the classroom, as Minjung packed her bag and waved goodbye to Taemin, rushing out to meet Changjo.  She saw him up ahead and just as she was about to shout at him, she remembered that they were supposed to keep a distance at school.  The car was parked at a very far waiting area, in order for them to keep a low profile.  She sighed and waited until Changjo entered the car for at least five minutes before she entered.  In those five minutes, Changjo had already plugged music into his ears and fallen asleep.

 

Setting - Car 

 

"Good afternoon, Minjung Agashi!" The chauffeur greeted loudly.  

"Shh, Changjo is sleeping!  You may drive us home now," Minjung whispered, placing her index finger on her lips.  

"Gladly, Minjung Agashi," he whispered.  

Minjung glanced at Changjo who was one seat away from her.  He must’ve been tired all day, falling asleep so fast.  Although he was tough, the way he slept made it seem like he was a baby.  "Maybe he’s not so tough after all… maybe he needs someone to care for him too," she thought.  Her arm reached out towards him and just when her hand was about to touch his face, he grabbed her wrist.

"AH!" Minjung squeaked.   

"Is something the matter?" Changjo raised his eyebrows.  

"N-no…there was just some dust on your face." 

"I can take care of it myself." 

And with that, he dropped her wrist and went back to sleep.  

"That’s why I can’t care for him… he’s always on his guard even when he’s sleeping.  He pushes me away and he always takes care of himself.  Changjo…when will you open up?" Minjung thought.  

____________________________________________________________

 

Profiles

Name:  Taemin Lee

Age:  18 years old

Personality:  Goofy, kind, and nerdy 

Physical appearance:  Tall and slim 

Role:  Minjung’s new friend from school

 

____________________________________________________________

 

Author’s Note:

Hey everyone!  I just recently finished my other fanfic Grape-flavoured Lollipop with B1A4's Gongchan, so I can finally shift my focus to Bodyguard.  Hope this was a decent chapter, although it was a bit boring.  Comments are highly appreciated. ;3