A Brand New Start

BODYGUARD

Listen To:  Younha; Nonsense

Credits to jstasimplesub2 via YouTube

____________________________________________________________

 

Setting - Mansion; Minjung's Bedroom 

 

Minjung looked at her reflection in her mirror, making sure that her hair and makeup were perfect.  She smoothed out her brand new uniform and sprayed her favourite perfume.  She checked to ensure that her necklace was on.  It was a beautiful necklace, in the shape of a heart.  There was a keyhole in the centre,  which was actually a button for Minjung to press if she ever ran into trouble.  The button will trigger the speaker in the necklace, also sending a signal to Changjo’s necklace.  She smiled at the necklace, until she heard Ahjumma calling her name from downstairs.  

"Minjung Agashi, breakfast is ready.  Hurry up and come down," her maid, Misun shouted.  

"Neh Ahjumma, I’ll be down soon!"

Minjung darted out of her room, heading towards the door located down the hall.  Once in front of the room, she slowed to a stop and put her ear against the door.  Silence.  Instead of knocking, she decided to open the door a crack to see if he was still sleeping... 

 

Setting - Mansion; Changjo's Bedroom

 

 

Changjo woke up and tousled his hair, then decided to take a shower.  After stepping out of the shower, he grabbed his uniform that was hanging in his closet and put on the pants first.  He jerked the necklace off his neck and stuffed it deep inside his pocket.  Then, he grabbed his small firearm and strapped it into his back pocket, to ensre that it was concealed.  As he was about to wear his shirt, he heard someone at the door.  He slowly approached the door and once it opened a crack, he swung it  wide open and grabbed his firearm from his back pocket, ready to shoot.

"AHHH!" 

Changjo regained his composure, when he saw that it was just Minjung standing at his door.  He strapped his firearm back into his back pocket, then went inside his room.

"It was just you.  You know, next time you could try knocking.  Why did you scream so loud?  You should be used to weapons in your face from training," he muttered, clearly irritated.  

"I-I didn’t yell because of the firearm!  Y-You-You’re like half-!" Minjung said, embarassed.  

When Minjung realized what she had just said aloud, she blushed even harder and quickly ran downstairs.  

"I just wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready," she shouted while running downstairs.  

Before heading to the dining room, Minjung slowed down to catch her breath.  She leaned on the wall with the palm of her hand on her heart, while breathing heavily.  The image of Changjo was still lingering inside her head; his perfect upper body, toned arms, toned abs… her heart was palpitating.  

"Minjung!  Why are you such a ert!  Stop thinking about it!  Just go to the dining room and act normal," she whispered.  

Changjo didn’t respond, then grabbed his shirt.  While doing up the buttons, he remembered what Minjung had said about him being half- and unknowingly, he had also started to blush.  When he noticed his flushed cheeks, he shook the thought out of his head and went back to his cold, expressionless self.

 

Uniform Outfits

Setting - Mansion; Dining Room 

 

Andy sat at the head of the table, on his left was an empty seat where Changjo would sit and on his right, was Minjung.  Andy and Minjung were eating and chatting happily, when Changjo walked in.  

"Good morning, Changjo.  Come join us!" Andy greeted.  

Minjung almost choked on her food, when Changjo arrived.  She quickly gulped down some of her apple juice, then scanned the room, attempting to avoid eye contact with Changjo.

Changjo ignored Minjung, but greeted Andy with a ninety degree bow and took his seat.

"No need to be so formal.  We’re family here!" Andy laughed.  

Changjo nodded in response.  

Meanwhile, Minjung was trying to hide behind her cup of apple juice, while silently peeking at Changjo.  Changjo ignored her and ate his breakfast in silence.  

"What are you doing Minjung?" Andy queried.  

"N-nothing Andy Ahjussi," Minjung laughed nervously.  

Andy glanced at both Changjo and Minjung, then chuckled.  He noticed the awkwardness between the two and decided to break the ice.

"So, why did you come down late this morning Changjo?" 

"Someone burst into my room while I was changing.  Sorry about that, I’ll be earlier next time." Changjo replied, without looking up.  

"Oh, it's not a problem.  I was just curious, so I guess Minjung couldn’t help having a hot boy next door and decided to do some peeping right?" Andy smiled innocently, trying to refrain from chuckling.  

"ANDY AHJUSSI!  I wasn’t peeping!  I was just going to tell him that breakfast was ready," Minjung defended, glaring at Changjo.  

"Okay, okay.  I’m done eating, you guys take your time.  Just don't be late on your first day of school," he replied.  

Andy left the table, whereas Minjung continued to shoot daggers at Changjo behind her cup of apple juice.  

"Would you like a cup of orange juice?" Changjo inquired.  

"W-Why?" Minjung asked suspiciously.  

"I just thought it would be a better hiding place.  Apple juice is kind of transparent, you know," he said while standing up.  

"YAH, CHANGJO!  You're so despicable!" Minjung yelled.  

Changjo ignored her, then prepared to leave the mansion.  Minjung was still sitting at the table, when Maid Misun entered the dining room to clean up.  

"Minjung Agashi, If you don’t hurry up and go you’ll be late for school."

Minjung checked the time on her watch, and immediately got up.  

"Thanks Ahjumma!  Changjo, wait for me!" 

Changjo exited the mansion, while Minjung hurriedly grabbed her backpack and ran outside to catch up with him.  They went inside the car and the chaffeur drove them to school.  The car ride was quiet since there wasn’t really much to say.  Changjo had a cold personality and Minjung was still angry at him for embarrassing her in front of Andy.  Changjo looked outside the window and watched the scenery while Minjung just stared at Changjo.  She noticed that he wasn't wearing the necklace.  

"Not wearing the necklace again. The promise we made when we were young, Changjo… will you really keep it?  Will you really come for me?  How will you know when I’m in trouble if you aren’t even wearing the necklace?" she thought.  

Minjung and Changjo finally reached the school entrance.  They started to walk towards the front of the school and Minjung had already forgiven Changjo, but she was too nervous to talk to him.  Changjo walked effortlessly, behind Minjung.

"Changjo?  Changjo?  Where are you?" Minjung whispered.  

"Behind you," he replied, emotionless. 

"Oh.  Why are you so slow?  We’re going to be late!" 

Minjung reached behind to grab Changjo’s hand, attempting to pull him inside the school but he flung her hand away coldly.  Minjung was taken aback and her big round eyes looked at Changjo with fear.  He felt guilty but still, he kept a straight face.  

"It’s not good for us to be seen together.  Students will question our relationship.  You go first, I’ll be behind you."

"Oh... okay." 

As Minjung walked into the school, many students started to notice her.  There were many whispers, but she continued to walk into the school with a small smile on her face, along with a shy expression.  Behind her was Changjo, who walked inside with a cold and distant expression.  

"Wow, who is that girl?  She's so hot..." a boy commented.  

"I know!  I guess she’s new here.  She’s so pretty," another boy sighed.  

"OH MY GOD!  Is that guy new?  He’s so handsome," someone squealed.  

"Definitely!  But he seems so cold..." her friend replied.  

"Well, I guess that’s why I’m even more attracted!  Hope he's in my class!"  

Minjung and Changjo headed towards the office, since they were new students.  They waited for their teacher to bring them to their class.

"You must be Minjung and Changjo right?  Nice to meet you, I’m Mrs. Kim and I’ll be your homeroom teacher.  Let me know if you need help with anything." Mrs. Kim said gently.  

 

Setting - School; Homeroom Class

 

Mrs. Kim entered first, while Changjo and Minjung waited patiently outside.

Changjo looked at Minjung and noticed that she was fidgeting with her fingers, she must be really nervous.  His gaze softened as he saw that her big round eyes were full of fear.  His hand reached out, but he stuffed it back into his pockets.  He wanted to comfort her, pat her back and tell her that everything was going to be okay, but he didn't.  

"Hello class!  Welcome to your senior year.  We have new students joining us this year.  Changjo and Minjung, please come in and introduce yourselves." 

When they entered the classroom, boys whistled and girls swooned.  They were both the centre of attention.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo!  I’m Minjung, and I look forward to making new friends.  I hope to have a great year here!" 

"Do you have a boyfriend?" a boy at the front of the classroom hollered.  

Everyone laughed in response.  

"No I don’t," Minjung smiled nervously.  

All the boys in the class shouted and jumped for joy.  

"Thanks Minjung!  Okay, Changjo your turn."  

"I’m Changjo," he said.  

"Is there anything else you would like to say?" Mrs. Kim questioned.  

"No." Changjo replied.  

"O-Okay." Mrs. Kim stuttered.  

All the girls swooned and screamed.  They didn’t know someone so cold, yet hot could exist.

"There are only seats in the back row, but there are three.  There’s a corner seat and two in the middle, take your pick." Mrs. Kim said.  

Minjung took one of the middle seats and glanced at Changjo, hoping he would take the one beside her.  However, Changjo ignored her and took the corner seat.  She pouted and glared at him, but shook it off, remembering his words from this morning.  Besides, they were only three seats away from each other.

"Now before I start, there is supposed to be one more new student-" Mrs. Kim began.  

The door suddenly bursts open and someone stumbles in.

"Sorry I’m late!" 

____________________________________________________________

 

Profiles

Name:  Minjung Kim 

Age:  18 years old

Personality:  Bubbly, clumsy, positive, enthusiastic, innocent, popular, friendly, and shy 

Physical Appearance:  Very pretty, long black hair with straight bangs, average height, slim, and big doe eyes.

Background:  Wealthy family, secret agent, lives with Andy and his family in a huge mansion along with others in their line of work, dreams to be a fashion designer one day

Role:  Secret agent

 

Name:  Maid Misun

Age:  40 years old

Personality:  Cheerful, but refined

Background:  Has worked for Minjung’s family for a very long time.  Took care of Minjung since she was born and has a close relationship with her.

Role:  Maid for Minjung, Andy’s family and others who live at the mansion

 

Name:  Changjo 

Real Name:  Jonghyun Choi 

Age:  18 years old

Personality:  Cold, distant, charismatic, conceals his true feelings

Physical Appearance:  Very handsome, cold, tall, lean but toned physique, short jet black hair

Background:  Family heritage also composed of secret agents and bodyguard for Minjung’s family

Role:  Secret agent, bodyguard for Minjung

 

Name:  Andy Lee 

Real Name:  Sunho Lee

Age:  40 years old

Personality:  Cheerful, loves to crack jokes, can be serious when necessary, laid back

Physical appearance:  Average height, black hair

Background:  Wealthy, head of the secret agents

Role: Head of secret agents, Minjung's Uncle

 

Name:  Mrs. Kim

Age:  35 years old

Personality:  Enthusiastic

Physical appearance:  Tall and slim

Role:  Homeroom teacher of Minjung and Changjo

 

____________________________________________________________

 

Author’s Note:

I hope that Chapter 1 was satisfying enough for you!  Please read and comment. ♡