VII. Level 3: Tension

JELLYFISH NEW CO-ED GROUP: ELEVATE, "WE ARE ONE LEVEL HIGHER" [APPLICATIONS CLOSED]

That was another one cold day in January, everyone was really lazy to leave their beds. Not to mention the 5 chosen trainee who are going to debut soon. Joo Ri rolled inside her blanket and hugged her bolster tight while the other two were hugging each other to prevent the cold weather to stung their bones. meanwhile inside the male dorm, Hyunwoo was sleeping under two double layered winter blanket and Hong Jun was sleeping over hundreds of hotpacks. everyone is in their state of hibernation when someone rang the morning bell. the bell sound immediately filled both boys and girls dorm and the first to wake up was Hong Jun who immediately ran to the girls' dorm and bang on their door.

Feeling annoyed with the bell and the simultaneous bangs, Joo Ri woke up and lazily walk to the bathroom to have a wake up shower, leaving the two snoring on the top bunk. she washed her hair and got changed to her daily clothes, plaid shirt, woolen sweater, skinny pants, trench coat, and a pair of black dock. she put some aftershave toner on her face, not because she wanted to look masculine, it was just because she loves the scent (p.s.: she stole that from N's bedroom just before she moved in with the trainees). She then took her backpack and guitar to the dining room to have her breakfast.

Not long after She got herself ready on the dining room, Hyunwoo joined her on the dining table ready with his things. coming after Hyunwoo, there he came, Hong Jun with his messy hair but neat and tidy clothes, ready for his breakfast, Leaving the remaining girls behind.

 

"Where are the other girls?" Hyunwoo nudged Joo Ri's arm.

"Erm, asleep? they both are heavy sleeper, oppa," Joo Ri said as she continued eating her breakfast.

"Just let YooJi noona wake them, hyung," Hong Jun said, pointing at the girls' dorm supervisor.

"Looks like we have to force them to wake up," Hyunwoo and Joo Ri looked at each other and smirked.

"Hyung, noona," Hong Jun said in fright.

"Don't worry, Junnie, we'll handle them. you can go to the practice room first~" Joo Ri flashed a cool smile to Hong Jun, sending the youngest a signal to get ready at the company's practice room.

"You climb up their bunk and pull their blankets and leave, the trainers would be waiting. I will handle the rest," Hyunwoo said as he took a megaphone with him.

"Okay, 1, 2, 3~" she climbed the bunk an plugged of both girls' ear from their earphones as Hyunwoo got his megaphone ready. she then took her things and moved away to the practice room.

"YA, GIRLS! WAKE UP! PRACTICE IS IN 15 MINUTE," Hyunwoo said loudly behind the megaphone before he left the room and joined both Joo Ri and Hong Jun.


As expected, Eun Hye and Hyeri arrived half an hour late at the studio. They were confused when they saw Hyunwoo, Joo Ri and Hong Jun coming up with a new dance routine. It was only half an hour they didn't join the practice and they had been left behind that far. the two sat on the sofa, watching the three practicing the routine without saying anything.

"Hey you two, what are you doing there?" Hyunwoo asked.

"Weren't you two supposed to catch up with the routine?" Joo Ri asked while wiping her sweat.

"Unnie, Oppa, we..." Eun Hye got lost for words.

"How are we supposed to catch up? the routine was too tight," Hyeri ducked her lips.

"Hyeri, get your here, you're in the private lesson with me," Hyunwoo said, getting a little annoyed by the younger one.

"Eun Hye noona, you can practice with me, i'll teach you the steps," Hong Jun shyly offered his help.

"Joo Ri, you can rest for awhile, you practiced really hard already," Hyunwoo said as he patted Joo Ri's shoulder, letting the younger rest for a bit.

Joo Ri nodded and sat on the chair, observing on  both of the girls. both of them are slow learner, and she knew, she wouldn't be as patient as the boys to teach them slowly like that.

suddenly,

"Psst," A voice came out behind the door.

Joo Ri looked closer to the door to see who was behind the door. "Oppa," She said.

"Ya! come here! Ravi wanted to record a Rap battle with you, at the recording studio," He signaled at the room next door.

"But, i'm having a dance practice with the members," She argued.

"You're on a break right?" he snapped.

"Well, okay then. but i'lll go under one condition~," she said.

"What?" N replied.

"Eun Hye. she lacks the ability to memorize even one eighth of the part of the whole routine. Hong Jun had tried his best. please replace Junnie for today since she had to catch up with our routine before i come back," She begged and did some cute stuffs.

"Okay, Jjyul. I'll do it," He agreed as she went to the recording studio and he came replacing her. She sighed as she exited the room and down the hall. 


Joo Ri dragged her steps into the recording room where everyone was waiting for her appearance. She wiped her nervousness aways as she stepped inside the room, looking at 5 pairs of eyes which were waiting for her to come.

 

"Hey, i guess," Joo Ri awkwardly bowed to the boys.

"Ah, finally. That rascal is waiting for you, Jjyul," Ken pointed at Ravi.

"Hi, Noona," He said as he awkwardly smiled to the older one.

"Now you can pick out a song, Jjyul Noona," Hongbin said, his dimples were appearing along with his speech.

"On and On?" She picked out.

"A hard one," The youngest said as he folded his arms in front of his chest and rubbed his chin.

"I'll take Hakyeon oppa's and do Ravi's part together with each of you doing your parts," She smirked.

"Well, it leaves me no choice," Leo cooly said.

"Call," they all said in unison.

 

Each of them were doing their parts smoothly and here it goes, the battle that everyone was waiting for. The two rapper were getting ready inside the room to record their face-off. They started off together and Ravi suddenly stopped when the husky voiced girl suddenly did the tongue-twister rap with the exact same style as what Ravi had done on the original version, leaving the viewers speechless. Especially Hongbin and Hyuk who hadn't expected her to win over the competitive Ravi that easy.

 

"Did i said anything wrong?" Joo Ri said as she realized Ravi had stopped rapping.

"N-No, noona.. you are just perfect," He clapped his hand in awe.

"Really?" then why those boys are looking at me with those expressions?" She asked, getting insecure, afraid of making mistakes.

"You, little genius," Suddenly Leo stood up and ruffled her hair.

 

She was taken aback with the situation. Leo wasn't the type of showing his affection in front of the others. but now, everyone left with their mouth hanging over seeing Leo's act.


Meanwhile, At the practice Room, Eunhye was rather having a hard time learning the new choreography the olders had made that day for the daily routine. She was still struggling under the supervision of the over-exhausted Hong Jun. N walked inside the room and saw that scenery. She was trying really hard to get the move right. Yet Hong Jun tried the hardest to make her getting on the right stances. He can see the harder the younger tried, the harder Eun Hye got the move right. Looking at the big obstacle, N tried to learn the routine from Hyunwoo and asked Hong Jun to rest while he substituted him.

 

"5, 6,7,8," N tried to instruct the younger one slowly.

"Ung," She tried to follow the dance hardly.

"Come on, Eun Hye. it's only one eighth of the full choreography. look at Hyeri, she's one step ahead from you," N said, giving a little tiny courage inside her heart.

"Practicing the dance hard aren't them?" Suddenly the deep voice of Kim Ravi filled the practice room.

"Wonshik ah, sssshhhh~," Joo Ri told the younger one to shut up.

"Joo Ri ah, you look tired, just have a rest," Ken pulled Joo Ri's hand and let her sit on the sofa with him.

"Jae Hwan ah, let's try the dance with them," Instead of sitting on the sofa, Joo Ri pulled Jaehwan's hand to join the others dancing.

"Count me in!" Hong Jun said.

"Hobak have to teach me~" Hongbin sang as he pulled his brother by his collar.

"Sanghyuk ah, aren't you joining?" Joo Ri asked.

"No," He glared at Hong Jun.

"Oh come on, where is noona's cute hyukkie?" Joo Ri asked and dragged him to stand beside Jae Hwan.

"...." Leo quietly joined behind Joo Ri without any voice.

"5, 6, 7, 8," Joo Ri started showing the steps in slow and detailed version.

"Jjyul noona, slower, pwease," Hyuk showed his aegyo to Joo Ri.

"It's already slower, Sanghyukkie," Joo Ri said as she continued to move to another part.

"Jaehwan ah, focus!" Joo Ri said as she walked closer to Jae Hwan and corrected his hand gesture.

"Eungh," He hummed and looked away, making sure Joo Ri couldn't see his pinkish peach cheeks.

"Boksong ah~" Ravi teased seeing the older blushing badly.

"Yeah, Hyung is as pink as a peach," Hong Jun teased.

"Unni, Oppa, can we stop now? and just watch VIXX Oppas practicing?" Hyeri pouted.

"Well," Joo Ri shrugged.

"Yes, you girls go rest, me and Joo Ri will stay here for training evaluation, just be back on time," Hyunwoo signalled the 3 youngsters to take some rest.

"Oppa too, go get rest, i still want to watch Hakyeon oppa's practice here, taking in some parts to modify," She smiled as she pushed the older male outside the room.
 

 


A/N: Well, I'll leave this update visible for the readers for now. but, please take note that either me or MG will lengthen the story with more thrilling and breath taking story~ ^^.. until now, this has been, Jiji.. thankyou for subbing my dear subbers and applicants -Jiji-