He Is Back

Paralyzed

Author’s POV

 

He still envelopes her petite body in his arms. His heart doubled its pace. He feels so damn right having her so close to him. Why does he become like this? He doesn’t know either. He just wants to hold her.

 

“W-why?” Dara breaks the silent. Still in his tight embrace.

 

“For forgetting about the date” Seunghyun said as he loosened his arms around her.

 

“What? Oh, no need to be sorry. It’s not that I agreed to it in the first place. I even forgot that you ask about that” Dara said releasing her body from Seunghyun’s embrace. She said calmly as she tried so hard to hide her nervousness.

 

“Then why did you ask me when you went with Chaerin?” Seunghyun asked Dara.

 

“It’s just, just, just in case you need something. Emm, you know I’m your slave, so----“

 

“Forget it then! You! I’m waiting for you here for hours and you said you didn’t agree to go on a date with me?!” Seunghyun cuts Dara’s words and yells at her.

 

“Did I ask you to wait? You were the one who dumb enough to wait me here” Dara said, frustated, “Look, you are as cold as ice now. You don’t even wear jacket or something warm. Let’s go inside, I’ll make a hot tea for you. I’m not that heartless. Stupid frog is indeed stupid” Dara turns around and heads to her house. Otherwise, Seunghyun is still on his spot, not even moves an inch. Dara feels no one following her behind. She stops and looks at Seunghyun. She lets out a long sigh.

 

“What?” Seunghyun said and diverted his gaze from Dara.

 

“Come on, don’t act like a kid. You are not a kid anymore. Heol, fine, do what you want! I don’t want to waste my time. Wonbin oppa is waiting for me anyway. Bye!” Dara turns around and heads to the door.

 

“Who?!!!” Seunghyun clenched his teeth and ran to Dara. He grabbed Dara’s hand and interwined it with his, makes Dara stops her track. She looks at him and furrows her eyebrows, “Let’s go” Seunghyun said, pouted. Dara smiles secretly looking at their interwined hands.

 

Dara stops as soon as they arrive at the living room, “Erhm” Dara clears , “Can you let go of my hand? Just sit here, I will make a hot tea real quick” Dara tries to release her hand but Seunghyun insists.

 

“I will accompany you. I won’t let you meet that so called oppa here alone” Seunghyun said, still in his dark aura.

 

Dara chuckles, she tries to surpress her laughter but fails.

 

“What are you laughing at, huh?” Seunghyun asked angrily.

 

“Yah, did you think Wonbin oppa’s here at this hour? Hahahahhaa, I’m just joking” Dara laughs at him.

 

“Yah!! Did you just tricking me?” Seunghyun glares at Dara and releases Dara’s hand immediately.

 

“I’m just joking, okay? Beside, what’s wrong with you? Why did you get that bad temper just because I mentioned him?” Dara asks Seunghyun, faking a serious expression.

 

“J-j-just, I have the gut to piss him off” Seunghyun said nervously.

 

“Why?” Dara asks innocently.

 

“It’s just, because.. Yah!! Stop asking me! Go, you said earlier that you’ll make a hot tea for me” Seunghyun yells, tries to act all cool.

 

“Fine” Dara smiles, she looks straight at Seunghyun’s eyes, “You, just tell me that you’re jealous” She then heads to the kitchen, leaving Seunghyun at his spot.

 

“Y-yah! I’m not jealous!” Seunghyun yells at Dara. He sighs and then sits on the sofa. He smiles giddily, thinking about how her petite body on his embrace earlier. Seunghyun feels so sleepy, he decides to close his eyes for awhile. He has to wait for Dara anyway. He leans his back as he closes his eyes.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Dara has already done making hot tea and heads to the living room while Hanbyul heads to the kitchen.

 

“Unnie, what are you doing?” Dara stops and asks her sister.

 

“What am I doing? Haha, you are so weird. I just want to go to the kitchen to get water” Hanbyul replies and walks again.

 

“O-okay” Dara said as she started to walk away.

 

“Dee! Wait!” Hanbyul yells.

 

“Ssshh! Don’t call me with that name!” Dara wishpers to Hanbyul as she turns around.

 

“Why? We always call you like that” Hanbyul raises her shoulder.

 

“B-but, not when there is Seunghyun, okay” Dara tries to explain.

 

“Wh---“

 

“Sssshh, don’t ask why. I will tell you later. But not now, okay. Just don’t call me with that name when Seunghyun’s around” Dara said softly.

 

“Okay, but you owe me an explanation” Hanbyul said as she narrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Call!” Dara said as she winked.

 

“Silly!” Hanbyul laughed at her sister’s antics. “Dara, let Seunghyun sleeps here. I saw him sleeping at the living room. He can sleeps in the guest room” Hanbyul yells.

 

Dara lets a long sigh and then heads to the living room. She places the hot tea on the desk in front of Seunghyun. She smiles at the sight of sleeping Seunghyun. She sits beside Seunghyun. She looks at him, she waves her hand in front of Seunghyun’s face. He doesn’t give any reactions.

 

“What are you doing, Dara” Dara says to herself. She looks at him, enjoying every part of him. She raises her hand slowly, reaching for his cheek, then his eyebrow and down to the tip of his nose. She stops and holds back her hand. “Why don’t you remember? Why did you do this to me? Don’t make it hard for me” She said softly, too soft that she almost can’t hear her own words.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock knock knock

 

 

“Seunghyun, hello! Choi Seunghyun!” Dara tries to wake Seunghyun up. She yells and knocks guest room’s door continuously.

 

Seunghyun covers his ears with his hands, “What the hell with this noise” Seunghyun wakes up lazily. He moves from the bed and heads to the door with his-still-closed-eyes to open the door.

 

“Yah, Choi Seunghyun! Wake up! It’s 11 am already!” Dara is tired to wake him up for the nth times. She turns around, crosses her hands and leans to the door, “Does he crazy? It’s fcking 11 am but he is still sleeping peacefully. And noted that he is sleeping at---

 

Kaboom!

 

Seunghyun’s closed eyes now become fully opened. Realizing a petite girl is now in his embrace.

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaa!!!!!” Dara closes her eyes as she screams. She opens her eyes as she realizes that she didn’t hit the floor. But, she hits someone instead. She looks at someone’s behind her, which is none other than Seunghyun. “Yah! Why did you open the door suddenly?!” She yells as she moves away from Seunghyun.

 

“Yah! I didn’t know that you were there. You should atleast thank me for my good reflex. You would hit the floor if I didn’t catch you earlier” Seunghyun said, mad.

 

“Okay! Thank you mister for your kindness earlier. I owe you my whole life!” Dara said sarcastically.

 

“Tsk, here you go again, FROG PRINCESS!” Seunghyun’s smirks.

 

“STUPID FROG!” Dara clenched her teeth, “Here” She hands him a towel and clothes.

 

“For what?” Seunghyun narrows his eyebrows.

 

“For you to eat!” Dara yells, “Ofcourse for you to wear. Don’t worry, this is a new towel. And the clothes, it’s Dongwook oppa’s, my sister’s fiancée. Just wear it” Dara said as she left.

 

“One more, come to the dining room when you done. The maids already prepared meals for you” She said to Seunghyun as she peeking to the room.

 

Seunghyun nods as he looks at the towel and the clothes. He mouthed thanks to Dara before she left.

 

-------------------------------------

 

 

 

Seunghyun is already done eating the meal that the maids prepared for him. He looks for Dara but she is nowhere to be seen.

 

“Sandara Park!” He yells but no answer from her.

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Choi. Ms Dara is in her room now. She won’t hear you as for now” Said one of the maid.

 

“Oh, okay. Where is her room by the way? I need to talk to her” Seunghyun said to the maid.

 

“I will call her for you. Please wait at the living room” The maid said and bowed to him before she left.

 

“OK!” He nods and sits on the sofa. He looks around and then absorbed with his own world.

 

“Why don’t you remember? Why did you do this to me? Don’t make it hard for me”

 

Did he hear it right? But why she seems so sad when she said that he didn’t remember. Why she asks not to make it hard for her? What does she mean?

 

“Seunghyun” Dara calls his name but he doesn’t give any reactions. She goes near to him and yells right to his ear “STUPID FROG!!!!”

 

He jumps in surprise and Dara just laughs it off.

 

“Yah!” He yells and touches his ear, “I think I need to go to a doctor. My eardrum must be broken”

 

“Are you mad? Tsk, it’s your fault anyway. You didn’t hear me calling you earlier. What’s with the deep thought?” Dara said playfully, “Oh, right, the maid said that you need to talk to me. What is this?” Dara looks straight to his eyes.

 

He can’t help but thinking about what he heard last night. Does he hear it right? He shakes his head and then looks at Dara, “Oh, yeah” He nods, “Let’s go for a date”

 

“W-what?” Dara asks in disbelief.

 

“Don’t you hear it?” Seunghyun said coldly.

 

“But”

 

“No buts, let’s go” Seunghyun stands up and takes Dara’s hand. Dara just looks at him and doesn’t bother to move from her spot, “Yah!” Seunghyun yells.

 

“I can’t” Dara said, Seunghyun is about to protest but Dara quickly talks again, “I have appointment with Wonbin oppa today, I can’t go with you”

 

“Don’t fool me again. I’m not falling for your trick this time, let’s go” Seunghyun insists.

 

“I’m serious, you stupid! He’ll pick me up before lunch, which is few minutes later” Dara said as she released her hand.

 

“I’ll go with you then” Seunghyun said.

 

“No!” Dara yells, “You haven’t back to your home since last night, remember? Just go home now” Dara stands up and pushes Seunghyun to the door.

 

“Yah!!! I’m still going with you!” Seunghyun yells to Dara.

 

“No! Just go home for now okay” Dara opens the door and accompanies Seunghyun to his car.

 

“I’m not going home” Seunghyun said angrily.

 

“Yes, you are” Dara said calmly. Seunghyun is still in his spot, “Don’t be stubborn, go!” Dara said as she pushes him to his car.

 

“No” Seunghyun still doesn’t want to go.

 

“Come on, we can go another time” Dara becomes tired already for asking him to go home.

 

“That’s a promise” Seunghyun said.

 

“Promise!” Dara said cheerfully. Seunghyun heads to his car, but then he is back to Dara again.

 

“What again?” Dara asks lazily, she rolls her eyes.

 

“I left my key in the room” Seunghyun said.

 

“Oh my Godness! Okay, I’ll get it for you” Dara said. She goes to the guest room real quick and then runs to Seunghyun, “This” She hands the key to Seunghyun.

 

“I’ll go. Text me when you’re already home” Seunghyun said softly. Seunghyun looks angry yet bored.

 

“Yes, Sir!” Dara salutes him, making Seunghyun smiles.

 

“Stupid!” Seunghyun said as he messes Dara’s hair, “I’ll go, bye”

 

“Yah!” Dara fixes her messy hair, she pouted.

 

Seunghyun heads to his car, enters it right away. He is about to start his car when Dara knocks his car’s window. He opens the window for her.

 

“What?” Seunghyun said coldly.

 

“I forget this” Dara leans closer to him and gives him a really quick peck on his cheek. She smiles and says, “Go, bye!” softly.

 

“O-okay, bye” Seunghyun feels so akward all of sudden. He closes the window and goes. He can feels his hot cheeks, he exhales deeply. He drives his car as he still can see Dara waving her hand from the side mirror. He touches his cheek, where Dara plants a kiss. He smiles despite his heart beating crazily. “ I’m going crazy” He said to himself.

 

----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Dara accompanying Wonbin to have his lunch. They go to their usual restaurant and as usual, Wonbin orders for beaf blackpepper sandwich and banana milkshake. While Dara just orders a strawberry fruitea.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to eat something?” Wonbin asks Dara while munching his sandwhich.

 

“Yah! Don’t talk with your full mouth!” Dara laughs, “No, I’m still full”

 

“I bet you will cry for food later, are you on diet” Wonbin asks sarcastically.

 

“Yeah, I’m on diet” Dara said in a very serious tone.

 

“What? Are you crazy? You are just all bone and you go on diet!” Wonbin said in disbelief.

 

“Bhahahaaha! You are still stupid as ever! You are still easely fooled!” Dara laughs so hard, “What on earth I’m going on a diet, hell no!”

 

“Scratch that stupid laughter! Yah!” Wonbin shook Dara’s hair.

 

“Yah, oppa!!!! Don’t mess my hair!” Dara yells and fixes her hair.

 

Wonbin smiles, “Aniway, your sister’s wedding is in two weeks, right?” He asks Dara, still finishing his sandwhich.

 

“Right! And she is still busy with our company. I even have to replace her buying wedding ring with Dongwook oppa” Dara said as she rolled her eyes.

 

“What? Does she that busy? Let’s pray that she won’t held a meeting in her wedding party” Wonbin said, making the two burst out laughing.

 

“And she will give a presentation in front of the guests!” Dara said, still laughing so hard.

 

“Yeah, you are right! She is a workaholic indeed! But I wonder why she still has time to send and pick you everyday” Wonbin pretends to think so hard.

 

“I know right, I don’t get it either! I always want to drive on my own but she always forbids me” Dara replied in annoyance.

 

“I can be your driver, princess” Wonbin said as he takes Dara’s hand.

 

“Cheesy!” Dara hits Wonbin’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, I’m serious” Wonbin laughs, “I can be your private driver if you want”

 

“Don’t be stupid, oppa” Dara said, “You are here for work and not to be a driver”

 

“Aah, you have a point!” Wonbin smiles.

 

“But, oppa, about what you said few days ago, do you really mean it?” Dara can’t help but ask about his sudden ‘confession’.

 

“About what?” Wonbin raises his eyebrows.

 

“T-that, t-t-that thing when you just got back here and picked me up” Dara flattered.

 

“Oh, that” Wonbin sighs, “Then what do you think? Did I look like am joking?” Wonbin said in serious tone.

 

“B-but o-oppa,” Dara gulps and her throath feels so dry all of sudden, “I can’t---“

 

“Dara yah---“

 

“Oppa! Let me finnish my words first, okay?” Dara reaches Wonbin’s hands, “I can’t see you more than an oppa, you are my big brother I’ve never had. I’m sorry but I just can’t”

 

Wonbin lets a long sigh, “Is it because of that frog? Give me some times to make you see me as a man then”

 

“I’m really sorry but I can’t give you that. I don’t want you to wait nor give you false hope. We have been like a real family for so long, I don’t want to ruin it with a relationship. You know better than anyone else that I already love someone else and I’m still waiting for him” Dara said in a soft tone.

 

“Are you still waiting for him? I understand, but don’t ask me to stop waiting for you” Wonbin said in anger, he stand up from his chair and look at his watch, “I have to go now”

 

“Oppa, wait!” Dara can’t say anything.

 

Wonbin stops his track and looks at Dara, “You, you talk nonsense so you pay for the bill” He then leaves Dara on her spot.

 

“Heol, he doesn’t even finnish his sandwich” Dara said to herself, "He is already back, oppa"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hi!!!!!! I'm back!!!!!! life been so hard for me that I can't even touch my story lol.

Sorry for the long hiatus, hope you all still here to read my story *sobs sobs*

Anw, I'll post new chapter again soon kkkkk

lots of love,

Byongie~~~~ <3