Four

Infinite Zombie

“Che, they know it’s you even your own teammates know it’s you. Why did I think it was a good idea getting you to do this, brother?”

“Shut up.”

“You were so willing before, is it because you met them?”

“Shut up.”

“Or is it because of him?

“I’m leaving.”

“You hold information valuable to my success, brother. Don’t think I’ll let you get away so easily.’

***

Myungsoo in his breath and pressed himself against the wall, willing himself to disappear. He shouldn’t have heard what just happened. He shouldn’t feel compelled to hide it from the others. He should be telling them to run before it was too late. His heart pounded as he caught movement out of the corner of his eye.

He watched the figure walk out of the doorway next to him. Because you know hiding in plain sight right next to the bad guy is just so logical. The figure stopped a few feet in front of Myungsoo. Without turning back he spoke.

“You won’t have to worry for much longer,” Instead of the strong and confident voice he expected it came out broken and unstable, “I’ll be gone soon, just keep focusing on your mission and please don’t trust anyone but Infinite.”

Myungsoo nodded knowing full well that the boy in front of him couldn’t see him. He felt no remorse for the boy he had known for less than two days, especially since he had been behind Infinite’s downfall.

The boy bit his lip and continued to walk forward on shaky legs. He knew what he was about to do, what he had to do, would cost him his life but as a wise man said before it’s better to let one die then know that out of thirteen one survived. He might as well die and take the knowledge he carried to the grave, never letting another soul know.   

“Don’t let this be in vain.”

***

The next morning the thirteen boys had woken up at six a.m. and left the house with drooping eyelids, drool crusted on the sides of their faces, and overall anger at Himchan who had forced them to awake before the sun even begun to rise above the horizon.

‘We might be able to get in another hour or two of walking,’ was what the annoying elder used to justify his actions. In the end they had begun to walk towards their destination with a bruised and bloodied Himchan lagging behind the group.

Everything was running smoothly for the thirteen. Of course there were run-ins with zombies, which was to be expected in the Zombie Apocalypse, nothing war-crazed Yongguk couldn’t take care of.

It was running smoothly until Dongwoo and Sungyeol had wandered off and came running back, out of breath and talking rapidly of a horde of zombies they might have disturbed. And true to their word a horde of zombies were seen slowly making their way over to the group. The pained moans and groans of the undead made their way to the boys’ ears and the putrid smell of rotting flesh followed not too far behind.

That was when they should have found it a good idea to start running away. Instead their stupid asses decided to stay put and watch as the undead creatures made their way closer to the group. This is not a game where you get extra lives and points for killing zombies. You have one life and the way to preserve it is to run the away! But no they just had to stay.

Sungyeol was the one to initiate fire. With two pistols in his hands he began to shoot at the temples of the zombies, piercing their skulls and hopefully their brains. Sunggyu, Jongup, Yongguk, and Dongwoo followed in suit. Rifles, machine guns, and pistols firing in the direction of the horde. Woohyun stood in the center telling the five when a zombie had made their way into one’s peripheral vision and was threatening to push the boundaries.  

Himchan reached into his bag and pulled out a grenade, he threw it into the horde watching it explode on impact taking out a good one-fourth of it. Those who passed through the barrier of long range shots were killed by Sungjong, Myungsoo, Daehyun, Howon, and Junhong. They used axes, swords, and chainsaws to behead and mutilate the undead. Youngjae stood by the bags with ammo running to those in need of it to deliver the ammunition.

The numbers of zombies still alive was dwindling quickly bringing up the hopes of the boys. At least until they heard what seemed to be a helicopter. It landed a few meters away, the winds caused by the helicopter made dust and dirt fly towards them making them cover their faces to try and keep them safe from it.

As soon as it was safe to uncover their faces they looked up at the figure that had immerged from the flying contraption. A sharply dressed older male whose brown hair had been slicked up with no doubt a monstrous amount of styling gel. His cold blue eyes (obviously contacts) searched the faces of the thirteen who stood before him. He smirked as he found the familiar face of the one he was searching for.

“I see you’ve decided to lead them in the right path, brother,” his voice was surprisingly deep as he addressed the boy he had identified as his brother. But to the group it was unknown to whom it was. The male wouldn’t speak directly to one person and allowed his eyes to wander through the large group not even giving them a little hint as to who he was addressing.

“I see you won’t reveal yourself to them, huh?” He cracked his knuckles and pulled out what seemed to be a phone. He pressed a few buttons and an ear splitting screech erupted from the phone causing the boys to kneel and cover their ears. Sungjong screamed, he began to feel as if blood was dripping out of his ears.

The noise stopped. They looked up at the man who now had a few zombies appear behind him as if out of thin air. And Dongwoo being the nice person he was decided to point it out, “Hey, sir, not to freak you out but you’ve got like a couple zombies behind you and they look hungry. You might want to run.”

The man chuckled and reached back to the rotting cheek of the nearest zombie. It let out a noise similar to that of a kitten and nuzzled into the touch of the man. A chorus of ‘Are you crazy?’ and ‘Wow’ were emitted by the thirteen boys. The man reached for his belt which held his gun. He scanned the group, looking for his target. His eyes settled on the leader of B.A.P with his gun he pointed at him.

“Seize him.” With that simple command zombies that they hadn’t even known were behind them latched onto Yongguk and began to drag him towards their leader. His eyes locked onto Woohyun who began to aim Sunggyu’s gun at the zombies that had taken Yongguk hostage. “Shoot and I’ll shoot him.” The man lifted his gun and held it to Yongguk’s temple.

Woohyun kept the man’s gaze and gripped onto the gun tighter. Youngjae scowled and slapped the gun away from Woohyun, “Don’t! He’ll shoot Yongguk!”

“I barely know him, think I care?” the Greasy King drawled.

The man raised an eyebrow. He jutted his chin towards the maknae of Infinite and the zombies moved to bring him to the man. Now Woohyun flinched, they needed Sungjong. As much as he found the younger annoying he was the only one out of the seven who had experience healing injuries before. Reluctantly he lowered the gun.

“Good boy!” the man said in a teasing tone of voice, “Now, are you going to tell me what I need to know?”

Myungsoo was the one who spoke now, “We don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“You might not but someone does, isn’t that right, brother?” Once again the one he was talking to was unidentifiable. His eyes kept wandering. The man was beginning to get impatient. His gun began to tap against Yongguk’s temple, “If you won’t tell me I’ll shoot every one of them until you do. Would you prefer that, Junhong?”

Time stopped. Junhong felt a pool of regret and anxiety mixing in the bottom of his stomach. He wanted puke as soon as his name left the lips of his so called ‘brother.’

“Shut up,” he said as tears began to blur his vision, “Shut up!” The members of B.A.P’s eyes widened at the reveal of the mysterious man’s brother. Sungyeol bit his lip and muttered under his breath, “I knew it.”

“You found out who had the ing antidote, now tell me who has it!” the man was rapidly losing his patience and dug the gun further into Yongguk’s temple.

Junhong shook his head and covered his face, “I won’t, I won’t.”

He grit his teeth and growled, “You couldn’t kill them off the least you could do is tell me what you know! And you still refuse to do that for your brother!”

He shook his head and fell to his knees, “You’re not my brother!” Junhong clawed at his ears as the others began to inch away from him and onto the sidelines. Junhong wanted his brother’s voice out of his ears, out of his head, out of his memory.

Sungyeol looked at the gun Dongwoo held in his hands. Carefully he took hold of it. He made eye contact with Dongwoo and nodded his head in the direction of the man. Dongwoo released the gun, giving it up to Sungyeol.

He swallowed back what was sure to be regret for what he was about to do. Carefully he aimed the gun keeping it out of sight from his target. The second the pulled the trigger it was as if time stopped. Everything was silent, except for the sound of the bullet leaving the gun and going into the temple of the target. It was silent for seconds after that until the sound of Yongguk screaming brought everyone back from their reverie.

“Junhong!”

***

Once again y'all have had to wait for about two months for me to update again for you patient people. TT.TT

I'm sorry I'm such a bad author. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry I haven't proofread it yet, so please excuse the mistakes.

I'm not satisified with this chapter, I wouldn't be surprised if most of y'all aren't either.

This probably isn't my best and I'm sorry, forgive me =3=

Don't be a silent reader. I love y'all Bye~ <3