Three

Infinite Zombie

 

“Holy Mother of God,” Sungjong muttered under his breath as Daehyun and Youngjae lead Myungsoo and himself up to the roof of the house. Everyone was there; their bags, supplies, and weapons thrown into the center of the roof with a couple of them standing at each side of the railing, guns out ready to shoot anything that got too close. He could see a hoard of zombies surrounding the house, at least twenty on each side of the building.

Yongguk, Junhong, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol were each shooting rapidly at the zombie’s heads, watching them fall one by one. Howon was by the pile of bags with Dongwoo who, was indeed, shaking uncontrollably. Himchan and Woohyun were also shooting the zombies while Jongup was getting ready to drop a grenade on the ones approaching behind the first wave. He knew they would follow the sound, in their mindset—or lack thereof—the zombies would follow any loud noise assuming that brain and flesh were close behind it.

He watched as the bomb went off, bits of the undead bodies flew into the air as the ones surrounding their building turned towards the noise simultaneously. Everyone watched as the zombies dragged their bodies towards the sight of destruction.

“Now’s our only chance before they come back,” Himchan said yanking his bag out of the pile, “We have to get out.”

Howon looked up at the man, anger flashing through his eyes at the lack of care of their traumatized teammate, “And Dongwoo? He’s to shaken up to walk!”

“Either you leave him or drag him along behind you,” Yongguk said throwing Youngjae his bag, “I suggest leaving him, it would be less of a nuisance.”

“Are you heartless?” Himchan’s eyes widened; no one dared with common sense had the courage to stand up against Yongguk knowing what he could do.

“No, just keeping in mind that in the end it’s the majority that counts. Would you rather save one and let twelve die without any knowledge that one person would survive in the end?”

A look of disbelief spread across Howon’s face as he let Yongguk’s words sink into his thick mind. Even though he knew what the older man said was true he didn’t want to leave one of their own to die. Unable to find a response intelligent enough he grabbed his bag and strapped it along his front then grabbing Dongwoo and pulling him onto his back all while muttering curses under his breath at the lack of compassion for the red haired man.

Never leave anyone behind.

B.A.P were already on the first floor by the time Infinite was ready to leave. Both groups met outside and Yongguk began to speak, warily looking around for any remaining zombies, “We’ll help you until we get to Georgia, that’s where we’ll split ways.”

Sunggyu nodded and signaled to the others to follow the boys ahead of them.

“We’re in Orlando right now,” Junhong stated as soon as they were out of sight of the zombie mob, “We’ll be travelling to Atlanta, Georgia which is about four hundred and forty miles away.”

The Infinite boys nodded in understanding not daring to speak in case the “baby genius” was coming up with a plan.

Junhong looked up at them seconds later daring one of them to speak, “How many miles can an average person walk in a day? Anyone?”

Sungyeol raised his hand slightly. When the boy locked eyes with Sungyeol he spoke, “If we walk for twelve hours, at least three miles per hour. We would walk about thirty six miles per day, give or take a few.” The other boys sent Sungyeol a surprised look. The choding was smarter than them?

“Correct,” Jongup in, attempting to sound smart. Himchan held the boy’s head close to his chest and told him to just stick to being strong, to not even bother trying to understand the—simple—math going on at the moment.

Myungsoo spoke up next, “So if we walked thirty six miles a day we would get to Atlanta in about twelve days?”

Junhong gripped the straps of his bag closer to his frame and nodded in agreement, “That’s right.”

They continued to walk in silence until Youngjae spoke up, “How do we know if we’re going the right way?”

Everyone stopped in their tracks. It never occurred to them that they might have been headed the opposite way of their destination. It was silent as the boys began to contemplate their possible mistake.

“We’ll just have to trust our instincts,” Sunggyu began to walk ahead of the others in hope that they would catch on, “But just in case look for anything that points us in the right direction. Like a map or a sign…can any of you speak or understand English?”

Dongwoo rested his chin on Howon’s shoulders and began to speak in a weak voice, “I lived in Canada for a bit.”

“Are you fluent?”

“…..No.”

“Then that doesn’t help us at all!” Sunggyu snapped as he began to claw at his hair.

Sungjong grabbed his hands and held them down at his sides, “A least he speaks some, hyung. We have to work with what we’ve got.”

Sunggyu reluctantly agreed and they continued their journey. The two groups continued to walk on like this until they reared the nine hour mark. Each other them were tired and hungry but they kept pushing on in hope of reaching their goal for the day or exceeding it.

It was around twelve a.m. when they finally stopped to set up camp in an abandoned house Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Yongguk and Himchan searched. While everyone became to prepare dinner and the sleeping arrangements Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong and Sunggyu and dragged them into an empty room.

“What’s with you?” Sunggyu demanded as soon as Sungyeol locked the door behind them.

“Something’s not right hyung,” Sungyeol whispered, “Zombies…they’ve lost most human senses. They can’t use their senses like we can. Smell, taste, sight…they mainly rely on their hearing or sixth sense. That sixth sense for zombies is...how do I say this um it’s like mind control.”

From his position on one of the empty chairs Sungjong piped up, “You mean that zombies become parasites in a way?”

He bit his lip, “I guess you could say that. A dominant zombie, one that leads the hoard, can use what’s left of their deteriorating mind and control a living beings mind, it also acts as a tracking device, but it can only happen when there is a living being that can ‘tame’ the zombies. I’ve seen it before but I didn’t think that there’s someone controlling the zombies.”

“You think one of us has been…affected by this?”

Sungyeol nodded, “The zombies shouldn’t have surrounded us like that. They can’t smell or hear or see us anymore and even if few could see it would be a blurred and disoriented image. It’s impossible unless one of them has infected us without us knowing.”

The three boys sat in silence, allowing the new information to be processed into their minds.

“Is…is it Dongwoo?”

Sunggyu and Sungyeol turned to face the youngest boy with wide eyes.

“It can’t be!” Sunggyu snapped.

Sungjong stood up and cracked his fingers, “Think hyung, he’s the only one who’s been in any close contact with a zombie so far, right?”

“No,” Sungyeol began, “That was after the hoard surrounded us it’s not possible.”

Silence enveloped them yet again as they began to put their minds into overdrive. To them there was only one answer to this but none of them wanted to be the first to speak this time.

Finally Sunggyu, being the leader, spoke, “It’s one of the B.A.P members, isn’t it?”

The other two nodded, “Bingo, hyung.”

A knock at the door brought the Sung Brothers out of their dream-like positions (which was more like a nightmare reverie). Sunggyu unlocked the door revealing a smiling Daehyun, “Food’s ready, come out before I eat it all.”

***

“They know.”

“How the do they know?! They aren’t experienced in this, they shouldn’t have found out.”

“Hyung, hyung please calm down. Don’t worry; we’re going the opposite way, towards Zombie Ridge.”

“Yeah once we’re there we’ll knock them out and throw them into the ridge, they won’t interfere with the plan.”

“…Fine, I’m trusting you, don’t let me down.”

“Yes hyung everything will go according to the plan.”

***

Everyone had eaten and retired to their respective rooms to get some rest before they continued their journey the next day. Well everyone but Sunggyu that is. The leader of Infinite laid awake in the makeshift bed (made of random quilts and blankets and, what he thought was, someone’s underwear sewn into one of the quilts) thinking of what he had discussed earlier with Sungjong and Sungyeol. He didn’t like his situation, being out of his country and into a different one to find an antidote that they had found because of mere rumors. And becoming the leader of several boys who had little to no experience in fighting or zombie 101 much less how to use simple English, the native language to the country they were in.

“Something’s not right, something’s not right,” Sunggyu mumbled under his breath, repeating it like a mantra. He couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right. He knew what wasn’t right yet it was like he knew nothing at all (which might as well be the case).

“I don’t like this.”

“Neither do I, hamster.” Who?

Sunggyu pushed the top half of his body up so he could see the person talking to him although he already had a good idea on who it was.

“Oh, it’s you,” Woohyun gave him a smirk at his less then joyous acknowledgement.

“Disappointed?”

“Very.”  

Woohyun chuckled and crouched down to sit beside the older man. Despite their ual frustration hatred towards each other they were able to sit like that, side by side, for a while, drinking in the silence.

“I want to go home,” Woohyun began glancing at Sunggyu from the corner of his eyes, “I want to wake up in my bed and realize this was all a dream. I want to eat my mother’s cooking again and complain about my father’s attempt at remaking her creations.”

The older of the two nodded in understanding. He wanted all those things too but alas not everyone can get what they want.

“Woohyun.”

“Yes?”    

“One of the B.A.P member’s…they might be betraying us.”

The younger boy’s eyes went wide at his statement, “H-How?”

He began to explain everything to Woohyun: Sungyeol’s suspicions, their accusations, and their theories. When Sunggyu finished talking, Woohyun was speechless (for once in his life).

“Get some sleep; we can discuss it more tomorrow,” Sunggyu turned so his back faced Woohyun and curled up under the blankets.

“But, I have questions! This is too confusing hyung!” Woohyun fought back, he burrowed under Sunggyu’s many blankets and grabbed hold of his waist, “Answer my questions!”

Sunggyu stiffened under the man’s touch and kicked his shin in an attempt to get him off, “Woohyun, get some rest, please. I’ll answer everything tomorrow.”

Being the every stubborn person he was Woohyun tightened his grip and pouted, “I won’t let go until you give me answers.”

“Then I guess you’re not letting go any time soon.” To be fair in Sunggyu’s sleep drunken mind what he was saying was perfectly logical, “Good night.”

“Hmph.”

***

Oh my god, she's updated.

I know, Hallelujah! 

I'm so sorry about the long wait >.< I have no excuses but....homework, exams, school in general and this chapter was deleted twice because of my stupid ^^;; 

Almost two months, oh my god, y'all are patient!

Have this smiling God as a token of my thankfulness (?) xD 

Didn't proofread because I'm dead tired at the moment, so please excuse the mistakes if there are any who am I kidding of course there will be mistakes -.-

Yeah okay anyways, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, comment and give me feedback or make me smile with your lovely comments~ Again sorry for the wait -_-;; If Chiimii-unnie hadn't reminded me about it and helped me get past a bit of writer's block I might not've updated for another month or so *-*

Yeah.....byee~ Love y'all. Mwah~!