Because Of You - Part Two

Y A O I —oneshot portfolio - Editing

 

 

Years passed by, Yong Guk and I got to know each other better. We were going out but taking things slow and keeping things a secret. I wanted to tell people we were together so we can act normal in front of them but Yong Guk didn't want that. Yong Guk said he isn't ready to tell people and I just went along with it. We have been meeting each other in silent and running around, making sure we don't get caught. The past years were a hell of a ride but he was with me which made me happy. 

 

"Yong Guk, you have great muscles", I walked into the classroom, seeing a girl touching Yong Guk's arm and he was smiling along. My heart felt unstable. Yong Guk look in my direction and his face brightened. 

"Hey Zelo", I forced a smile. 

"Hi", the words came out quieter then I wanted them to. 

"What's wrong? You have a temperature?" He placed his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. I didn't know why I'm making a big deal out of this. 

"It's nothing", I said before walking towards my seat. Yong Guk stood there, shocked. 

"Come on", I saw a girl pull him to his seat which was on the opposite end of the class room. I looked behind to see her all over him. Her fingers ran down his chest lines. I sighed and looked at the teacher. I can never have him all to myself, can I? 

The work was set but I was a little sleepy to do it. I placed my head on the table and started dozing off. 

"Yah! Yah, get up", I heard a loud whisper. I slowly opened my eyes whilst my head was still on the table. "Get up!" A boy whispered. I realized I was still in school and shook my head. 

"Thanks", I mouthed and quickly answered the questions on the broad.

The bell went off for lunch and I walked up to the boy who woke me up. 

"Hey, thanks for that. I would've died if the teacher found out", I bowed to show how grateful I was. 

"No problems. Just get enough sleep next time, ok?" I nodded with a big smile. 

 

I bumped into the same kid when I went to get lunch. "I guess we are seeing a lot of each other", the boy said and I nodded. We queued up and grabbed a plate on the way. He was awfully close; it was kind of getting uncomfortable. I rushed forward when the person in front finished ordering.

"Could I have jacked potatoes with beans, please?" We said together. I looked at him and we cracked up laughing. 

"You two dating?" The dinner lady asked. 

"Aniyo, I already have a boyfriend", I said making their eyes widen. I realized what just came out of my month and slapped it with all my might. I forced a laugh, "Joking." They seemed to buy it. I let out a sigh of relieve and paid. Aigoo! Me and my big mouth. 

"You don't really have a boyfriend, do you?" the boy asked as he sat in front of me. I shook my head violently. 

"I was trying to avoid answering that question so I came up with that", I laughed trying so much to make it believable. 

The boy just nodded whilst smiling. "I'm Kevin, by the way", he put his hand out. 

"I'm Zelo", accepting it. He laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked, curious. 

"I know your name is Zelo. We have been in the same class for years but I guess you didn't notice because your mind was too focused on Yong Guk", I was about to spit everything in my mouth out which wouldn't have been a beautiful site. "Yeah I saw the two of you guys on a date a few days ago", he continued eating. He suddenly looked up and stared into my eyes. "It seem like you two are keeping your relationship private", I nodded, frowning. "You don't want that right?" I ducked my head. "He doesn't even act like you exist, in school. It must be hard", I nodded once again. I was so close to tears. Kevin hit me in the right places by stating the truths which I've been running away from. "Just give up on him", my head shot up. A roll of water ran down my cheek. "Just talking about him makes you cry. Just give up on him and come to me", Kevin gave me a long hard stare. 

"I can't", my voice trailed off. 

"Why?" 

"I can't forget Yong Guk", I whispered. 

"Omg, come with me", Kevin dragged me to the 'E' department where barely anyone goes. There, I saw the girl, that with Yong Guk earlier, and Yong Guk, himself. They weren't talking though instead her lips were all over his. His hands were on her shoulders and her arms were around him, pulling him closer. I couldn't watch... I ran off into the distance with Kevin calling after me. I won't stop, though. I couldn't stop. I need space and time and ... and... I need Yong Guk... Tears were running down my eyes like the last time I was heartbroken. My heart keeps getting hurt because of that jerk. I can't take it anymore. Maybe Kevin is right... Maybe I should just end this and move on...

 

Weeks passed by and I was home with a high temperature. Yong Guk and Kevin repeatedly came to see me but I refused to see the sight of either of them. I heard my name being called a few times and Kevin, even, threw rocks on my window but I didn't answer, I couldn't. 

It was Sunday and the house was quiet. I heard the doorbell ring. Mum wasn't home so I had to attend it. The doctor said I had to stay in bed but what if it's someone important. I walked down the stairs and saw Yong Guk peeking through the window. I stumbled at his sight. I rolled down the stairs and landed on the floor. 

"Zelo!" I heard a scream. 

 

[Yong Guk's POV]

"Why did he faint?" I asked. The desperateness to know was clear in my voice. 

"Because he has a problem. His mother came to me earlier but it has been spread now. We can't do anything but wait for a miracle to happen", the doctor frowned.

"What problem? Can you please make yourself clearer?" I was getting annoyed. 

"He has cancer and he doesn't have any chance of survival. I don't think he knows so break the news to him slowly", tears were already falling down my eyes. 

"Don't tell him that he has cancer", I plead. "Please, don't tell him. He will be broken." The doctor nodded, understandingly. 

"You have you tell him one day, though", I nodded. 

"Thank you." 

I walked into the room where Zelo lay without knowing what's going on in the world. 

His eyes started to flicker, "Zelo, you up?" 

"Yong Guk?" 

"Yes, it's me", I said with a bright smile. "Zelo, I need to tell you something. That girl was set up by Kevin; he wanted you! Please believe me! I didn't kiss that girl! She came onto me", I quickly explained. 

"Calm down, I believe you", Zelo weakly smiled. 

I sighed with relief. "Zelo, can I meet you at 7 today at our usual meeting place?" 

"The waterfall?" I nodded with a grin. The memory of our first date there came rushing back. "Sure, why?" 

"You'll know", I smirked. I loved surprising him. "I'm going to go and make the arrangements", I rushed off after giving him a small peak on the cheek.

 

 

[Zelo's POV] 

I wonder what this surprise is... I walked into the park and towards our waterfall. 

"Zeloo", Young Guk called. I smiled at him and waved.

"Hey", I said. "What is this about?" Looking him up and down. "Why are you wearing a tux?" 

Instead of replying, Yong Guk got on his knees. I stared in shock. What is he doing?

"Choi Jun Hong, I'm deeply in love with you. I apologize for keeping our relationship a secret. I hated it as much as you did. I wanted to confirm for sure that I'm in love you and guess what? I am! I definitely am. I was since the first day I saw you. You might not love me as much as I love you but I know that you love me enough to carry me through life. Choi Jun Jong, will you marry me?" I stared at him, stunned. Tears were already falling down my cheek. "So? Will you?" I smiled and nodded like an idiot. 

"Of course I will." Yong Guk smiled wider. 

"Really?" He gave me a tight hug. "I love you", he whispered as he nibbled on my ear.

"I love you, too", I whispered back, giggling.

"We have to get married tomorrow or this week!" Yong Guk demanded. 

"Not enough time to tell my mum", I frowned. 

"But we have to get it done!" 

"Why you rushing it?" I asked. 

"Because I want to start my new life with you as my partner as soon as I can", Yong Guk jumped. 

"Can't you wait a year or something?" 

"A year? What? No way!" 

"Why?" Yong Guk stood there looking down... "Is it because I will be dead by then?" His head shot up. I forced a laugh, "You acted all weird at the hospital so I asked one of the nurses to look at my file and tell me what was wrong with me. They said I barely have half a year to live..."

"I still want to marry you and spend that half a year with you", I hugged Yong Guk. 

"I know. I would love to spend it with you as well but I want you to promise me something... I want you to get married again after I'm gone", Yong Guk pulled away from my embrace. 

"What? I can't do that!" 

"Then I can't go ahead with this wedding", I frowned. 

"Ok, if that is what you want then I will marry someone else", he looked down. 

"I'm only doing this for your sake. You know that right?" He nodded. "I want you happy", I smiled. 

"Let's go. We need sleep, we are getting married tomorrow", I laughed.