Love Story - Part One

Y A O I —oneshot portfolio - Editing

 

It was pouring and Donghae was standing in the middle of the road eating ice-cream while getting wet. ‘Am I the only one that eats ice-cream in the rain?’ Donghae thought. He spins around in happiness to get his eyes locked with Eunhyuk’s who was eating the same favoured ice-cream (chocolate). There was a fatal connection between them. Like love at first sight but is it?

“You eat ice-cream in the rain as well?” Donghae questioned, he needed to confirm it for sure. Eunhyuk nodded making Donghae brighten on the inside. “Do you want to go to a restaurant and get to know each other?” Donghae suddenly asked. Eunhyuk gave him a long hard stare. ‘Is he asking me out?’ he wondered to himself. “Sorry, sorry! I’m just happy that I found someone that eats ice-cream in the rain like me. I was just wondering what other stuff we might have in common, that’s all”, Donghae quickly explained.

Eunhyuk smiled and pointed out a cafe, “We’ll go to that coffee shop over there”. Donghae just nodded without looking. He was way more interested in Eunhyuk than the café. They exchanged names as they walked in and took their seats. Looking at the menu, Eunhyuk asked, “So what should we order? Ice tea?”

Donghae frowned, “You like ice tea? I hate ice tea!”

Eunhyuk’s smile widened, “I hate ice tea as well! I just asked because whoever I go to a coffee shop with, they order ice tea so I thought maybe you liked it as well.”

“Oh, I get what you mean”, Donghae laughed. “So, should we get hot chocolate with vanilla cake?” Donghae love chocolate and vanilla. Weirdly, so did Eunhyuk. The order came. Donghae looked at Eunhyuk as he stirred the hot chocolate. “Um… do you have a girlfriend?” He asked.

Eunhyuk shook his head and answered, “Nope, do you?”

“Nah”, Donghae lied. He didn’t know why but he couldn’t find the strength to tell Eunhyuk the truth. The place seemed quite because the two of them stopped talking. All they did was steal glances at each other. Donghae decided to say something. So did Eunhyuk.

“What’s your favourite colour?” they said together and ended up laughing.

“Ok, on 3 we will say it together. 1, 2 and 3”, Eunhyuk counted down.

“Black”, they said.

“Wow, you like black? I love black!” Donghae asked amused.

“Yup I love black as well”, Eunhyuk replied. Donghae smiled.

“Hey let me see your phone”, Donghae said. Eunhyuk took his phone out and Donghae took it off him. “I have the same one and I’m going to save my number on this okay?” Eunhyuk nodded. He grew happy from the inside. “I need to go. I’ll text you when I get home!” Donghae smiled and gave Eunhyuk a little hug before running off. Eunhyuk’s heart started beating a million times per minute. His heart then saddened after realizing Donghae was nowhere to be seen. He didn’t know why…

Donghae was in trouble. He was supposed to collect his girlfriend from the station at 2 and its 3 now. What is he supposed to do? He didn’t see the time going when he had Eunhyuk sitting in front of him. “Oppa, where have you been? I’ve been waiting for an hour!” Yoona jumped onto Donghae. She just returned from a shoot in China. Donghae gave her an apologetic look. “I forgive you! Omo why do I always loose against you?” she said as she tangled her legs around Donghae’s waist and held onto Donghae’s hair. She leaned in to kiss him but he avoided it making her heart ache.

“Because I’m too beautiful”, he answered putting her down.

“Oppa, let’s go home!” She said. Donghae and Yoona live in the same apartment.

“Come on, my little monster”, they got into the taxi. ‘I should tell her soon’, he said to himself. He needed to tell Yoona about Eunhyuk but he brushed that aside for later. When they got home, Yoona went to freshen up and Donghae started to text Eunhyuk. Talking to Eunhyuk made him happy. ‘Eunhyuk, could we meet tomorrow? I have something to tell you’, Donghae texted. He got an immediate reply saying, ‘sure at the ice-cream parlour at 2?’ Donghae confirmed it. He was going to tell Eunhyuk about how he really feels. 

“Oppa, where are you going?" Yoona asked. "We are supposed to go shopping today!" She informed sadly.

"Oh yes! I completely forgot. Can’t we go tomorrow?" Donghae questioned. He needed to see Eunhyuk today. 

"No, you know I can't. I’m fully booked by the company!" Yoona whispered with a frown. 

"I got an important meeting at 2, little monster. Please understand! Go with your friends today and next week I will take you anyplace anytime you can decide" Donghae made a deal and Yoona nodded. He does a lot just to see Eunhyuk! Donghae waved her goodbye and walked out. Yoona called her friends and asked them if they want to go shopping but only Seohyun and Sunny said 'yes'. They all got a taxi to the big shopping complex.

Donghae got to the ice cream parlour five minutes early to see Eunhyuk already there. He smiled as he walked towards him. "Hi", Donghae greeted. 

"Hey", Eunhyuk replied. They ordered ice cream and stared at each other awkwardly. "So, what is that you wanted to say?" 

"Um, how to start? Basically, I like you a lot", Donghae said quickly. Before Eunhyuk could say anything, he continued, "I know you don’t like me and don’t want to have that sort of relationship but I needed to tell you what’s in my mind and in my heart. I can’t stop thinking about you. I smile at your texts and I love talking to you. I don’t know if this is love. So until I find out will you stay by my side? If you say no I totally understand", Donghae was a really fast explainer. 

Eunhyuk thought hard, he felt the same way about Donghae but couldn’t find the courage to say it. "Um, could I tell you tomorrow or the day after? I need some time to think", he finally replied.

Donghae nodded. "Of course, take as long as you want", he whispered nodding. He wanted to know now but he has to wait. "Do you want to um... go shopping?" Donghae asked. 

"Why not? We are at a shopping complex after all", Eunhyuk answered with a smile, making Donghae’s heartbeat faster. They got up and went through a shop at a time.

Yoona and her friends just arrived at the shopping complex. They went to the shoe shop first then decided to go search for clothes later.

"Omg that looked so cute on you", Sunny pointed at a pair of black heels which looked awesome on Seohyun.

Yoona smiled at her, agreeing. She seemed a little off today. She wanted to do this with Donghae not her friends. She wondered why Donghae avoided her kiss yesterday then rejected her request today. 'He never avoids my kisses. What happened while I was away?' she thought to herself. She suddenly saw a pair of super y boots on the near the window of the shop opposite. "Guys, be right back! I think I just saw some really cool boots that you would so love!!" Her friends nodded and she rushed off into the shoe shop. She grabbed the shoes and examined it. Yoona sat down and tried it on. She bent down to zip up the boot when she saw some familiar shoes. Shoes that looked like it belonged to Donghae. She looked up to see him with Eunhyuk. 'Doesn’t oppa have a meeting?' Yoona thought. She quickly went to some place where she can’t be seen by them. 'What is he doing with that dude? Shopping? He ditched me to go shopping with that dude?' Yoona's heart began to ache. She felt like she was going to faint. She loved Donghae so much and was so disappointed that he would do something like this. She decided to follow them and confirm everything for sure so she texted her friends saying she went home because she wasn’t feeling well. She followed them into a clothes shop where they put on a couple hat and took pictures. Yoona always wanted to do that with Donghae. They then went into a restaurant and Yoona took her space where she was back to back with Donghae, just the seat separating them. She ordered her dinner and heard them talk. It went kind of quite so she looked around to see Donghae feeding Eunhyuk. She heart broke into a million pieces. She couldn’t watch anymore. She ran out of the shopping complex tear falling down her cheeks. She sat on the road crying... she had no one to comfort her. 

An hour or two later she wiped her face with the wet tissues she carries in her bag. She was about to leave but saw Donghae walk out with Eunhyuk...

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk shook his head, "my home is just around the corner". 

Donghae nodded, "thank you for today. It was fun and I will be waiting". 

"I will get back to you as soon as I get my head straight and I should be thanking you. I loved today", Eunhyuk said making Donghae's face warm up. Eunhyuk gave Donghae a full on hug with a small peck on the cheek and left.

Donghae stood there surprised for a minute then turned pink as he replied the scene in his mind. 'I will defiantly remember this moment', he was awed by what just happened.

Eunhyuk blushed as he walked home. Yoona stood in front of him with her hands on her hips. 

"Yah, you!" She said pointing at Eunhyuk. "Don’t you have shame? How could you do that to my oppa in public?" Eunhyuk gave her a confused look making Yoona angrier. "Yah, how could you kiss my Donghae oppa in public", she made herself clearer. 

"Oh. Who are you to ask? His sister?" Eunhyuk replied. 

"His girlfriend", she said making Eunhyuk's eyes widen. 

"You're lying. Donghae said he doesn’t have a girlfriend", Eunhyuk remembered the first day they met. 

"Oppa said that? It’s not true. Oppa wouldn’t have. I am his girlfriend. Look", she took her phone out and showed pictures of her and Donghae together. "We even live together. So why don’t you leave my oppa alone! When I saw him today with you, you don’t know how much I cried. He was meant to go shopping with me not you! He was meant to feed me not you! He was meant to love me not YOU!!" She screamed. She couldn’t stop her tears. She kneeled down. "So please just leave me and my oppa alone. He doesn’t talk properly with me anymore. He acts like he doesn’t care anymore an- an- and he acts his heart belongs to someone else!" She cried harder. 

Eunhyuk knelt down beside her and said, "don’t worry I will leave tomorrow for New York. I have a friend there; I guess I can live with him. Well, live a happy life with Donghae. Don’t hurt him and please do look after him!" Eunhyuk started to walk away and Yoona couldn't stop crying. 

She felt so bad for doing this. She felt so selfish and evil. Why would she send Donghae’s lover somewhere else just to be with him? Why would she do such thing? She wiped her tears off and got a taxi home. She walked in with a forced smile and tested, "Oppa how was your meeting?" 

He smiled, "it was great!" He didn't see her. If he just looked he would've realized she has been crying. 

Yoona's heart ached even more. ‘I know you didn't go to a stupid meeting’ she wanted to say but just went upstairs to get ready for bed.

“Yoona, don’t you want dinner?” She heard Donghae asked.

“No, I already had dinner. I’m going to bed so goodnight”, she said as she crawled into bed and pulled the blanket over her head.

Donghae texted Eunhyuk but he didn't get a reply. He frowned as he jumped into bed. 'Why isn't he replying?' He wondered as he fell asleep. 

 

The next day, Eunhyuk packed everything and was ready to leave. He booked his flight yesterday night online. He walked out giving the key to the owner if the house and bowed thanking the owner for the food he provided. 

He sadly left the place thinking of Donghae. 'I didn't even give him a reply', he thought to himself. He caught a taxi to the airport. Before arriving, he removed his sim card and destroyed it. As he walked in, they checked his passport. After everything was clear, he took his seat. A random person sat beside him and started talking to himself. 'Ahh, seriously?' he moaned. It will take at least nine hours to get there so he came prepared. He plugged his headphone in and fell asleep. 

Donghae was worried because Eunhyuk wasn't picking up his calls and replying to his text. He drove to the big shopping complex and asked around if they knew Eunhyuk. He also used the photo they took yesterday. 

"Hey, do you know this dude?" He decided to ask this last one before giving up. 

"Yeah, he used to live in my house", the guy said. 

"Used to? What happened now?"

"Oh, he went to New York. He should be on the flight by now!" 

"What?!"