Love Story - Part Two

Y A O I —oneshot portfolio - Editing

 

 

“WHAT?!” Donghae couldn’t believe it. ‘Why would he leave me? I thoug- I thought he might like me. After yesterday I thought I could expect a good reply from him but…’

“You didn’t know? I thought he told all his friends”, the man said. Donghae shook his head he eyes were tearful. “Do you want his address in New York?” Donghae shook his head again. ‘I guess this is the answer I’ve been waiting for…’ Donghae saddened. He couldn’t believe this was the answer given by Eunhyuk. We walked away. Getting into his car, he heard his phone ring. He put his Bluetooth in and started driving.

“Hello”, he said into the mice.

“Hey, it’s Yoona! Are you ok? You sound a little down”, she worried.

“I’m fine! What is it?” he asked.

“Well, the company let me off today so I was wondering if we could go shopping”, she whispered. He thought for a while. He needed to get his mind off things so he agreed to meet her back at the apartment.

“Oppa, let’s go!” Yoona said, getting in. They went to the big complex, which was the only popular shop in this area. Donghae’s mind and heart wasn’t where Yoona’s wanted it to be. “Oppa? Oppa?!” She kept repeating but Donghae daydreamed on. “Oppa”, she shook.

Coming back to earth, “What is it, Yoona?”

“You don’t look so well. Did something happen?” She knew what happened but she didn’t want to remember. Donghae shook his head.

“I just lost someone important to me”, he said making Yoona’s heart ache. ‘Why do I have to go through this when I’m supposed to be feeling happy? Why am I sad? I’m the one who sent him away!’ Yoona felt so hurt seeing Donghae like this. She couldn’t tell him the truth though. She was scared he will hate her. She was scared he wouldn’t talk to her again.

“Oppa, let’s go home. I don’t feel well”, she said. They drove back home in silence. Donghae walked into his room and sat there in silence. ‘Why would he just leave me like this? Why? What wrong did I do? Is loving someone back that hard?’ Donghae felt like crying. He just can’t forgive Eunhyuk for doing this to him. A hint of fury started to develop inside of him. “Oppa, you haven’t eaten anything! Come and have some dinner”, Yoona walked into the room and sat by him.

“You eat, Yoona. I ain’t that hungry”, he said before sinking into his bed hinting her to leave him alone! She walked off with sadness. She didn’t know what to do… She was so confused and lost.

 

Few weeks past and Donghae barely ate, barely slept and it killed Yoona from within to see it. She couldn’t take in any longer. She drove off to the shopping complex and asked around for Eunhyuk. She ended up finding his home. She knocked; a man opened the door…

Donghae sat in his room in silence and Yoona walked in. He had dark circles and swollen eyes. “Oppa, I have to tell you something and you have to tell me something… The truth…” She said. “Uhm, I saw you the other day with Eunhyuk. I didn’t know what was going on so could you please explain”, she asked with a frown. Donghae’s eyes widened. ‘How does she know his name?’ Donghae explained everything and Yoona nodded.

“I’m sorry, Yoona. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this. I love you but you have to understand I love him more”, he said.

“I’m sorry too and I do understand you love him more from the day I saw you two together that’s why I did something stupid. Oppa, don’t hate me after I tell you this”, she apologized and explained her side of the story. Donghae’s face softened at every word.

“I only wished you told me earlier! I’m sorry for making you feel like that! But I do love him more and I want to spend my life with him. I mean look at me! I don’t do anything, I just sit here staring at nothing”, he said.

Yoona nodded, “I know, that’s why I brought this”. Yoona handed over Donghae’s passport, flight tickets and a plain paper with an address. Donghae gave her a confused look. “It’s the address of Eunhyuk! Go after him, oppa! Fighting!!” Donghae wouldn’t move. He sat there in surprise, “Oppa, you have two hours to get to the airport! So hurry”, Donghae shot up! He put on some new clothes after having a shower. He gave Yoona a peck and thanked her before driving off.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t know how he has been surviving the last few weeks. He thought he would’ve died the minute he got here because of the pain of losing Donghae was way too much for him to handel.  

“Yah!” he heard something call. It seemed like Donghae’s voice. ‘I guess I’m hearing things now!’ he thought. “Yah, you!” He turned around to see Donghae walking towards him. He couldn’t believe it. Happiness started to build then the pain over ruled it. Donghae stood infront of him only pain was visible on his face. “How could you leave me like that? How could you just leave? You don’t know the pain and agony I’ve been through for the past few weeks! I hate you for doing this to me!”

“You think I didn’t go through that as well? You don’t know how hard it was for me to leave you… I thought what I had for you was mere attraction but then after moving here I realized how hard I fell for you. You said you haven’t realized if your feelings for me was love or not but guess what? I realized that my feeling for you is definitely love! We only knew each other for a few days but I realized that it only takes a few seconds for someone to fall for a person. I love you, Donghae but I will understand if your anger for me is bigger than your love for me. I will understand if you hate me. I will understand if you reject my love… I understand it all so don’t worry about me but just remember I will always love you”, there was a long silence and Eunhyuk started to walk away. He took the silence as a ‘no’. He felt footsteps behind him and turned round to see his dog following. “I guess you love me back!” he said to the dog.

Donghae wanted to cry with joy. After he heard Eunhyuk say that he wanted to jump up in joy but he was left speechless instead. He didn’t know what to do and what to say. After coming back to earth he saw Eunhyuk moving away. He ran after him and back hugged Eunhyuk! “Eunhyuk, I love you too and if I was still mad I wouldn’t of came all the way here to tell you that!” Eunhyuk turned around shocked.

“What did you say?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I love you”, Donghae smiled.

“I love you too!”