Forbidden

Y A O I —oneshot portfolio - Editing

 

"Hey Luhan, check this out!" Luhan turned at Kris's remark. He saw Kris doing a leg movement and started clapping. 

"Hyung, that's so cool.  I want to learn that", Luhan was amazed by the skills Kris held. 

"I'll teach you some other time. For now, let's go to philosophy", Kris said with a big smile on his face. Luhan has been down lately and he was glad his moves cheered him up. Luhan nodded at Kris's demand and started walking towards their Philosophy class.

They took their seats and the teacher started the lesson, "Morning Class, today we are going to have a debate on the existence of God". Luhan looked up and the teacher in shock. This was the first he heard of a debate of such. He was getting excited by the second. "Everyone that has arguments against god, please stand up", Luhan stood up and looked around. He seemed like the only one standing. Kris eyed him to sit down but he refused. "Ok guys, do be honest or next time I will read your poor results out loud", three more people got up after the teacher threatened. "Thank you. Now, could you four stand on that side of the room", the teacher pointed to the left. "And could the rest stand on this side", the teacher pointed to the right. They all nodded and started to move to their side of the room. "I will be taking the non-believers side if you guys don't mind", the other side nodded and the teacher walked towards Luhan. 

"Let's start then", Kris was hyped up. He wanted to know why Luhan didn't believe in God. "Luhan, why don't you believe in God?" 

"Kris, why do you believe in God?" He backfired. 

"Because I was brought up by religious parents whom taught me the beliefs", Luhan faked a laugh at the an-swer. 

"So was I, but can't you see? You were taught to believe in god. It's what your parents want you to believe. Who taught the first person living on earth about God? Huh? Was it god himself?" 

"Yeah, it is. Actually, according to Islamic beliefs there was a book. 'The book' that was brought down by angels", Kris answered. 

"Yea, angels? Do you believe in the mermaids that are written in story books? If you don't believe that why would anyone believe a book about God?" 

"Because story books are written by authors 'the holy books' are written by god himself", Kris argued. 

"The proof?"

"What do you mean proof? If god showed himself, then that will say he is weak. Then everyone will believe in him and the test would be over!" 

"What test? The test of belief? Are you kidding me? Why would be test us if he already knows the answers", Luhan was confused. He had this question running around in his head for ages. 

"He gives you an option, he doesn't know the answer", everyone looked at Kris confused. 

"What? He does! He is 'all knowing'! Of course he knows which path we are going to take. He knows if we are going to hell or heaven! He knows everything! He knows our every move. Why would he want to test us if he already knows the results?" 

"You're saying something along this lines Luhan 'Why the teacher would put us through a test if she already knows we are going to get this result?'" 

"You clearly know that is not what I meant. According to you guys, God is so high and mighty so the teachers are nothing compared to him. He knows what we are going to do. We can revise to change our grades but we can't do anything to change what he has written down for us!" 

"Ok guys! Let's end it there! Great arguments and counterarguments but it's nearly time for the next lesson. I hope people don't take this personal and beat Luhan up after this lesson. He just has strong beliefs against God and I hope you guys be more understanding", the teacher concluded. Luhan and Kris were red from all the anger and power they put into their points. They never had this argument before so after they walked out of class; they fell to the ground laughing. 

"You know I respect your views", Kris said with a bright smile. "You should've seen yourself. You were all red", Kris laughed harder. 

"Right back at ya", Luhan pointed. They went into their next lesson, laughing their heads off. "But I was serious about being a non-believer". 

"Yeah I know but why?" Kris was curious. 

"Because I went through a lot that you wouldn't really understand", Luhan said sadly. 

"You are such a strong non-believer aren't you?" Kris whispered. 

Luhan nodded eagerly, "I can make a promise on anyone that God doesn't exist". 

"Really? Anyone? Even your true love if you get to meet her?" 

Luhan nodded, "Even on my true love."

"Class, may I have your attention please?" Kris and Luhan turned towards the teacher who had a boy standing next to him. "We got a new student. He couldn't join you in Philosophy due to looking around the school", Lu-han locked eyes with the new kid and felt something within him flutter. "His name is Xiumin please take care of him", the teacher introduced. "Could you please sit on Kris's table? He will take of you", Kris waved his hand to indicate where he was. Xiumin walked towards the table and sat opposite Luhan and smiled. Luhan heart beat faster. 

"Hyung, I think I found my true love", Luhan whispered to Kris. Kris's eyes widened in shock. 

 

Few months later, Luhan and Xiumin started dating. Kris approached them, "Looks like you two are really hap-py."

Xiumin and Luhan smiled brightly. "Yeah, I guess we are. You know I remember that promise in Philosophy. I can make that promise any day on Xiumin", Luhan said. 

"Oh no need", Kris replied.

"What promise, Luhan?" Xiumin asked. 

"Oh, I'll show you", Luhan said. 

"Ohhh Luhan, you don't have to promise. I believe you're a strong non-believer. So just leave it!" Kris was wor-ried. 

"No no, I will do it. Don't worry. I promise on my beloved Xiumin that God doesn't exist. If he does then the relationship between me and Xiumin wouldn't last", Luhan finished. 

Xiumin's eyes widened, "Do you believe that our relationship is that strong to withstand god?" 

Luhan smiled as he nodded, "Of course I do." 

Kris grinned, "Well I guess this promise just made you guys closer". He went off smiling to himself. 

 

Few weeks past, Xiumin and Luhan still seemed happy together. Kris noticed it and started doubting if God exists. 

"Luhan, would you drop me home today? My parents are busy today so nobody is picking me up", Xiumin ex-plained. 

"Sure, I'll meet you after school at the gates." Xiumin smiled and walked off to his next lesson. 

The day ended fast and Xiumin waited for Luhan at the gates. His smiled widened when he saw Luhan heading this way. They walked side by side holding hands on the pavement. 

"So, what are you doing this Saturday?" Xiumin asked. 

"Nothing, why? Do you have something in mind?" Luhan smirked. 

"Yea", Xiumin admitted as they crossed the road. He looked up at Luhan and gave him a cute small smile. Luhan looked at him; he noticed something coming in the distance. His eyes widened, Xiumin noticed it and looked behind. It was too late to move or make any cry of help. The van that consist of a drunken driver, hit them both hard. They lay there on the road reaching for each other but Xiumin's breath stopped. Luhan slowly died as well. 

An hour later, Luhan woke up in the hospital and looked around. He couldn't see Xiumin anywhere. His eye locked with Kris’s which were swollen. 

"Kris, where is Xiumin?" Luhan asked. Kris cried harder. 

"They could only safe you. Xiumin took all the pressure of the van and it hit you lightly. I thought you were dead but you weren't. Your breathing came back but Xiumin..." his voice faded away. Luhan couldn't hear anything. He went into a mental breakdown. Their love in that life ended there but not in the next life... 

 

In the next life, Luhan, Xiumin and Kris were reborn. Luhan still didn't believe in God...

Xiumin still feel for Luhan and Kris still tried to stop Luhan from promising once again...

So...

Time keeps repeating 

Love keeps replaying 

When can the two lovers have a life where God doesn't interrupt?