Don't Strain Yourself

Me and My Idol Husband

Christy’s POV

I wake up in the morning and Onew’s no longer in bed, it’s not like I thought he would be there since he’s normally gone by the time that I wake up in the morning. Nowadays, with their impending debut, it’s more frequent. Before when he was just training, he would simply have to only get up really early in the morning two or three times a week. Now, he has to get up early every day.

After I get out of bed and begin preparing breakfast, I go wake up Minjin and Jinyoung. “Wake up,” I whisper as I shake Minjin.

“Mommy,” Minjin groans.

“C’mon, it’s time for you to go to school,” I say with a smile as I go over to wake Jinyoung up. “Jinyoung, it’s time for you to go to school, too.”

“But I don’t wanna,” Jinyoung complains.

“Aw, stop complaining,” I say with a smile as I look at them. “I hear that you’re going to do something really fun today, so let’s get going.”

It doesn’t take that much longer until Minjin and Jinyoung finally get up and start getting ready to go to school. They go into the kitchen and I serve them their breakfast and sit down across from them. “Mommy, is Daddy going to come to our Kindergarten Day?” Jinyoung asks.

“Maybe,” I say with a faint smile. “Who knows? I’m sure he’ll come, though.” But honesty, I have no idea if he’s going to come or not. He’s probably too busy to do anything, but I don’t want to tell that to the kids. They’re looking forward to having fun on their day and I don’t want to do anything to spoil it, it’d be rude of me to. “Now let’s get going, we have to get you to school.”

“Yes,” they say in unison as they go to grab their backpacks.

After I drop them off at school, I go back home and attempt to try to contact Onew. I’m not confident that he’ll pick up, and frankly I only call to see if there’s just a small chance that he might pick up so I could remind him about their Kindergarten Day, but like I thought, he doesn’t answer. Sighing, I busy myself with housework until the doorbell rings.

“Nicole?” I ask as I open the door. “What are you doing here?”

“Just wanted to see you, figured you’d be lonely throughout the day,” she says with a laugh as she comes in and hugs me.

“Hmm, sometimes,” I say with a chuckle. “I mean, it’s nice, but it’s different being in a quiet house.”

“You could say. I mean, the transition from me to go from living alone to living with someone was quite something.”

“Speaking of, how is he?” I ask as we both sit on the couch.

“Good, good, Changmin and I are doing fine,” she says with a smile.

“You know,” I begin, “I can’t believe that you guys got married. I mean, with everything that happened in the past…”

“I know, I know,” Nicole says interjecting with a big smile. “That’s why I’m here to tell you something.”

It takes me a moment, but it hits me what Nicole wants to say. “Seriously?” I ask in surprise. “What happened to the girl that said that she was never going to get pregnant?”

“That girl was five years ago,” she says with a laugh. “And Changmin and I have been married for two years, we figured that we should have a go and attempt to have children, and we’re pregnant.”

“I’m so happy for you,” I say hugging her. I can’t believe that she’s going to have a baby. She was the one that said that she didn’t want children.

All of those things that happened to us five years ago are in the past. After all, Nicole and I are cousins, family, and we’re going to be there until the end for each other. I was really happy for her when she said that she and Changmin were going to get married. Somehow I thought that they made a good couple together.

“So, does Changmin-oppa know?” I ask her.

“I’m planning on telling him tonight,” she says with a giggle. “Could you possibly help me plan how to tell him?”

“Sure, but I can’t stay for that long, Minjin and Jinyoung have their Kindergarten Day today and it starts in an hour.”

“Hey, how about I go with you? That way I can see my little cousins and we can talk more about this.”

“Okay,” I say with a smile. “I’m sure the kids will love it. I’m not sure if Onew is coming…but they’ll be surprised by your appearance.”

 

Onew’s POV

“Good work boys,” the dance instructor says when we’re done practice. “You guys are really getting a hold of the dance. It’ll be perfect by the time that you guys debut.”

“Thank you,” all of us say in unison as we bow to the teacher as he leaves. Immediately once we’re done, I go over to my phone to check it and see that I have a missed call from Christy and that I have a text message from her.

“Hyung, what are you looking at?” Taemin curiously asks.

“Just a text from Christy,” I reply over my shoulder before my attention goes back to my phone. “Crap,” I whisper.

“What? Is something wrong?” Key asks coming up behind me.

“I forgot that Minjin and Jinyoung’s Kindergarten Day was today…” I mutter. “They really wanted me to go.”

“You could still probably go,” Minho says, “I’m sure we could cover for you or you could just ask if you could leave for like an hour or two.”

“I don’t know,” I hesitantly say. As much as I want to see Minjin and Jinyoung, I don’t want to anger the company and potentially do anything that would cost us debuting.

“I’m sure it won’t be a problem for anyone. We’re having vocal training next. If you just say that you’ll put in like extra hours or something I’m sure they won’t do anything, right?” Key asks as he looks at me and then at the rest of the guys.

“Okay,” I say as I go out the door to find our manager. I have to tell him that I’m going to leave and that I’ll put in extra hours of practice. “Manager-hyung,” I say as I spot him.

“Ah, Onew, just the person I wanted to see,” he says with a smile.

“Me? You wanted to see me?” I curiously ask. I have no idea why he wants to see me. “Why?”

“We were just talking about you.”

“We?” I ask as I look and see a person standing next to him. “Ah, President, hello,” I say bowing.

“Hello. I saw some of your practice right now through the window and I think you guys are going to do really well.”

“Really? Thank you,” I happily say as I bow.

“Yes, now why did you come over here?” Manager-hyung asks as he looks at me.

“Um…I wanted to ask if I would be able to have an hour or two off,” I hesitantly ask. I wasn’t planning on asking while the President is standing there, but I have no choice. Christy texted me saying that the Kindergarten Day begins at noon with lunchtime with the children and it’s already eleven forty-five. If I don’t get there soon, I’m going to miss it.

“Why?” he asks as he looks at me.

“Um…you know…my…children,” I say as I look at them. I know that the both of them know that I’m married and have children, but it’s slightly awkward to say it myself when I’m in front of them. It’s a whole different feeling.

“Why are your children causing you to have two hours off?”

“They’re having a…Kindergarten Day…and I wanted to…um…attend,” I hesitantly continue, “And I’ll put in extra hours of vocal practice and other sorts of practice,” I quickly add on so they don’t think that I’m entirely slacking on my duties.

“Ah, so you’re the trainee with a family,” the President says as he looks at me.

“Um…yes,” I say as I slightly bow. I know that we already had a conversation about it, I just didn’t know that he would forget me that quickly, but I guess he just did. I mean, it’s not like he has to worry about me all of the time. There are other people in the company, a lot of other people in the company. “So, um…would it be alright if I were excused for a couple of hours to go see them?”

The President and our manager look at each other before they turn to look at me. I have no idea what they’re going to say or what they even want to say. All I know is that somehow it’s very intimidating to have them stare at me like they are. I don’t know if they’re going to agree to the idea or reject it, and frankly, I’m afraid that they’re going to reject it. I really want to go to their Kindergarten Day, though.

Our manager slightly nods his head as he looks at the President and sighs. “Alright, you’re granted your leave time, but just remember what we agreed on in the meeting, alright?”

“Alright,” I excitedly say as I bow. “Thank you, thank you. I remember what you said before, I won’t ever forget it. Thank you. Now, if you would just excuse me,” I say as I begin making my way towards the Kindergarten Day. This is going to be quite the surprise, I can’t wait to see their faces.

 

Christy’s POV

Anxiously, I look around to see if Onew will be able to make it. I hadn’t been able to get through to him, no matter how many times I tried and I hadn’t heard anything back from him, no text or call or anything. It wasn’t like I was expecting it either, though since he’s busy. He’s just always busy.

“Mommy!” Minjin and Jinyoung yell as they run over to me in the classroom. It’s time for lunch and the Kindergarten Day starts off with lunch together with the kids before the afternoon festivities.

“Hello,” I say with a smile as I hug them back.

“Hey guys,” Nicole says giving them a wave.

“Auntie,” they both say as they run over to her and hug her legs, too.

“Aww, you guys are happy to see me,” Nicole says with a smile.

“Mom, where’s Dad?” Jinyoung asks as he looks at me.

“Ah…Dad,” I say as I look at Nicole. “He’s um…you know…running a little late. I’m sure he’ll come here soon. Let’s go over by your desks and eat lunch, alright? I packed some yummy things.”

Fifteen minutes into the lunch, I still don’t see Onew. Now, with every passing moment, I’m starting to doubt him even being able to come. The later it gets in the afternoon, the less of a chance he’ll be able to come, I’m sure of. “Dad!” Minjin suddenly yells as she points towards the door.

“Huh?” I ask as I turn around and see someone walk into the classroom. “Onew?”

“Hey,” he says with a smile as he casually sits down at the table. “Hi Nicole, hey Jinyoung, Minjin. Did you guys think that I would miss this?”

“No,” Jinyoung confidently says.

“That’s my boy,” Onew says with a smile as he ruffles the top of Jinyoung’s hair. “You guys should never doubt your father, I’ll always be there for you.”

“Onew, what are you doing here?” I whisper while Nicole is currently keeping them occupied during the rest of the lunch.

“I requested for some time off,” he says with a smile. “Why? Is it bad?”

“Not…bad,” I hesitantly say. “Just…unexpected.”

“You weren’t expecting for me to come?” he asks, slightly hurt.

“It’s not that…I just thought that maybe you wouldn’t have enough time as a trainee,” I honestly say. “I mean, I know how busy you are, they would’ve understood.”

Looking around, Onew suddenly grabs my wrist. “Nicole,” he says as he looks at her, “can you keep them company? Minjin, Jinyoung, Mom and Dad are just going to have a quick talk outside, alright?”

“Okay,” the both of them say in unison.

“I got them,” Nicole mouths to me as Onew walks with me out of the classroom.

“Do you not have faith in me anymore?” Onew asks as soon as we’re outside. “Do you not believe that I’ll keep my promise? You told me about this day a while ago, did you think that I would’ve forgotten?”

“It’s not that,” I begin, “but I know how busy you are, and I just said it because I was excited for it myself. I wanted to see my children in school and wanted to see what they were up to.”

“You don’t think that I want to know that stuff too?” Onew asks as, I can feel him starting to get angrier. “Do you think that I wouldn’t want to know about that stuff about my children? They’re my children, too. Idol or not, I want to be there for them.”

“I just don’t want you to strain yourself. I can do alright by myself. If you don’t think I can handle myself now, then what’s going to happen when you have a bunch of schedules and there’s no possible way that you’re going to be able to make everything? And what happens when they find out you’re married? What happens to our life then?”

“Everything will be the same…everything will stay the same,” Onew says. “Whatever the company says, I won’t let them do it. And I’m doing this because I want to do this. You’re not forcing me to do anything.”

“The company?” I ask. “The company said something about you being married and having children?” Before Onew can answer, I look inside of the classroom and see the lunch being cleaned up. “Let’s not argue here,” I plead with him. “Let’s just carry on without arguing, alright?”

“Okay,” he says with a nod of his head and a sigh before we go back into the classroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Onew tell Christy what the company said about him being married with children? Will Christy and Onew continue arguing? Will Onew have second thoughts about debuting? How will their life continue?

 

Here's Chpter 2. Hope you enjoyed the story :D

 

And here we are at the second chapter where things already start to heat up. Don't worry, Christy and Onew aren't going to continue arguing all of the time, but when they do, it's just them expressing their concern for one another, you know, how other couples do. This whole sequel isn't going to revolve around them arguing the entire time.

 

And I guess that's it...um...yea, haha.

So have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you later :)