The Agreement

Me and My Idol Husband

Christy’s POV

I follow behind Onew as we walk on the streets. “Is it okay for you to be out like this?” I worry.

“Stop worrying,” Onew says as he stops in his tracks to turn behind me.

“I just don’t want you to get in trouble with the company.”

“I won’t get in trouble, I promise. They already know about our relationship.”

“And what did they say about it?” I wonder.

“Don’t worry about it,” Onew quickly says. “Let’s just live life like we did before. Let’s make today our new Chicken Day.”

“Chicken Day,” I say with a  chuckle, “that brings back memories.”

“Doesn’t it?” Onew asks. “I have already planned out everything.”

“But when did you have time to do this?” I ask.

“Stop worrying,” Onew says as we start walking again and he flings his arm around my shoulder. “You worry too much about me. I’m a big boy now, I don’t need you to worry about me all the time. It makes you have worry lines,” he says with a chuckle as he pokes at my forehead.

I laugh along with him, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll stop worrying about him. Onew’s my husband, so of course I’m concerned with what he’s doing. I’m also concerned about him and the guys possibly moving out into a dorm. What am I supposed to say to Minjin and Jinyoung when they ask where their father is? What am I supposed to say when they realize that he’s not going to be living at home? Sure I was the one that told him to go chase after his dream, but that doesn’t mean that I want him to be separated from me or the children, and I’m sure that he doesn’t want to be separated either. It’s a hard decision for everyone.

“You know, it feels like it’s been a while since we last hung out together,” I say as I try to think about the last time that we had alone time.

“We probably had alone time before the children was born and that was it,” Onew says with a smile.

“Probably,” I say smiling back at him. “They’re already five. Time passes by fast.”

“It surely does. I remember when they were just learning to walk and talk. I remember everything.”

“Well, for someone that has a bad time remembering some things, it’s a surprise that you remembered that.”

“They’re our children, I want to be there for whatever they do. I want to see everything,” Onew says.

Silence falls between us as the talk about our children ends, but Onew and I continue to walk. I don’t know where we’re going, but if Onew has declared this day a brand-new Chicken Day, then there’s no doubt that we’re going to eat chicken today.

“Ta-dah!” Onew yells as we’re outside of a restaurant. “Welcome to the first stop of our Chicken Day.”

“Onew…” I say as I look at him. This is the place that we both went to before we found out that I was pregnant. It seems like it was so long ago. It doesn’t even really look like the same place anymore, which means that it probably went under some renovation during the five years since we last came here.

“Surprised, huh?” he asks. “Wait until you see the inside.”

“What?” I ask as Onew grabs my hand and pulls me inside to see that the whole restaurant is empty. “Onew, why is it empty?”

“Because I rented out the place.”

“You rented out the place?” I ask. “But why?”

“Because I just wanted to spend the day with you. Just the two of us celebrating our Chicken Day together,” Onew slowly says. “Are you mad?”

“No, I’m not mad,” I say shaking my head. “I love it. Thank you,” I say as I go over and kiss him on the cheek.

“Hey, that’s not a real kiss,” Onew complains.

“What are you talking about?” I ask pretending to play innocent.

“This is what I’m talking about,” Onew says as he wraps his hands around my waist and rests his forehead against mine and looks into my eyes. “I love you, Christy, never forget that, alright?”

“Who said that I’m going to forget it?” I playfully ask before Onew leans in for a kiss.

 

Onew’s POV

As Christy eats I just stare at her. She doesn’t know what’s going to happen next. I have a whole day planned out for her and just for her. I hope it surprises her and I hope she’s happy about it. I know that I haven’t been there a lot lately and I’m still trying to sort out everything with the company regarding our future living quarters and everything about the marriage and the children, but right now I just want time to spend with Christy.

I can’t tell her the real reason why I rented out the whole restaurant, though. I can’t tell her that there’s always the possibility of someone recognizing me as a trainee and taking pictures of me. Of course I want to tell her the truth, Christy is my wife and the girl that I’m going to love for the rest of my life, but if I want to protect her, then I have to lie.

“What are you staring at?” Christy asks as she looks at me. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

“I will, I will,” I say as I pick up a piece of fried chicken and begin eating, but those thoughts are still in my brain. I have to tell her the truth, but I don’t want to hurt her more than I already have. I saw her expression this morning when I said something about the possibility of not being able to live at the house anymore. I know that there’s no decision yet, but I’m going to do all I can to not do it and to be able to live with Christy and my children.

“Is there something on your mind?” Christy asks.

“Hmm?” I ask as I look at her.

“You don’t seem as excited about chicken as you were before.”

“I’m just tired,” I say as I do my best to give her a smile like before.

“Then was this outing a bad idea?” Christy worriedly asks.

“Nah, it’s fine,” I say giving her a supportive smile. “But wait here one moment, alright?”

“Um…okay,” she says as she watches me. “But where are you going?”

“It’s a surprise,” I say with a chuckle before I disappear to the back.

I already gave Christy a charm bracelet this morning and I want to give her even more. I know that she’s going to be lonely without me and I want to give her more things so she won’t forget me. I don’t want Christy to ever forget about me. I know how close I was to losing her before when Changmin was in the picture. I don’t want to experience that feeling ever again.

I look at the necklace that I prepared for her and I take mine out that’s around my neck. Surprisingly Christy hasn’t noticed it this far. Normally she notices things like that, but I guess it’s different when there’s this cloud looming over about whether or not I’ll be able to spend the rest of my days with my family.

It’s a simple necklace, nothing too fancy, but it’s a couple necklace, of course. I already got the clearing from the managers that I would be able to wear it everywhere no matter what. I won’t be able to say that it’s a couple necklace, but that doesn’t matter. I know that Christy will appreciate it and be able to see that she will always be with me by wearing that necklace.

“Onew? What are you doing?” Christy asks as I emerge from the back with a cake in my hand.

“Presenting you with a cake, silly,” I say with a smile.

“Why are you presenting me with a cake?” Christy wonders.

“You know, just because,” I say with a chuckle as I place the cake in front of her. I put the necklace right on top of it so she can see it, and she does.

“Onew,” she whispers as she looks at me.

“Yeah?” I ask pretending to be oblivious to the entire thing. “Is there something wrong?”

“What is this?”

“What is what?”

“This,” she says as she picks up the necklace from the cake and holds it in front of my face.

“Oh, you mean this?” I ask as I show her the one that’s around my neck.

“You…it’s a couple necklace?” she asks as she goes back and forth from mine to hers.

“It is,” I say nodding my head. “And I haven’t taken it off since the day I got it.”

“But what about the company?” she asks. Does it always have to be about the company? Can’t she just forget about the company once in a while?

“They know,” I say as I put on a calm smile. “Take this as a sign, that even though I may have to deny you, that even though the world may not know that we’re together once I debut, that I will always love you and that I’m forever yours.”

 

Christy’s POV

I can’t believe he got me a necklace. I can’t believe that he got us couple necklaces. Now that’s going to announce to the world that we’re together and then his fans will probably figure out that that’s a couple necklace and then I’ll probably get a lot of hate for it. I know I shouldn’t concern myself that much into the problem, when he hasn’t even debuted yet, but I can’t help it. I can’t help but think about what’ll happen because I honestly don’t know.

Onew and I spend a little more time at the restaurant before we’re about to leave and his phone rings. “Yes?” Onew asks as soon as he answers it. “Ah yes. I understand. No. Alright, we’ll be right there.”

“What was that about?” I worriedly ask him as soon as he gets off of the phone.

“How about we take a little trip?” Onew asks.

“A trip? Where are we going?” I ask as I follow him out of the restaurant.

“To the company.”

“The company?” I nervously ask, but I follow behind him anyway.

I don’t know why I’m going to the company. Is there a reason for me to be going there? Honestly I’ve never seen it before, I’ve never been there. There’s really been no reason for me to go there before, so why would there be a reason now? Would it be something about Onew not being able to stay at home anymore or maybe something about us being married? I don’t know and it doesn’t seem as though Onew knows anything either.

The two of us hop on a bus and just sit next to each other. I want to ask him questions about what we’re going there for, but obviously I can’t. I don’t know why, but I have difficulty asking things regarding the company.

“Don’t worry,” Onew whispers as he grabs my hand.

“Ah, who said I was worrying?” I ask as I attempt to play it off.

“Don’t think that you can hide it from me,” Onew whispers as he wraps his arms around me again. “Nothing bad will happen, trust me.”

“Alright,” I say with a nod of my head.

Finally the bus stops near the company and we get off. “It’s big, isn’t it,” Onew comments after he sees my expression.

“It’s a bit big,” I say as I look at it. “I honestly didn’t expect it to be that big.”

“C’mon, let’s go inside.”

I follow Onew inside and he just immediately knows where to go, although I do get some stares by some others. I guess some of them know about Onew being married and I’m guessing that others don’t. Most of them are probably wondering who I am, though.

“In here,” Onew says as he grabs my hand and leads me inside of a room.

“Ah, you both made it,” a man says as he looks at us.

“Um…hello,” I say bowing as I begin to introduce myself, “I’m Christina.”

“Hello,” the man says with a gentle smile, but it seems as though there’s something hiding behind that smile.

“Onew, you know the reason why we called you here, right?” another man asks.

“I can make a guess,” Onew hesitantly says. “It’s about the living situation, right? I mean that’s the first situation on our hands right now.”

“Well yes, that and the issue about your marriage, but we have come to a compromise about both,” the first man says. So our marriage was an issue, why didn’t Onew tell me?

“Have you?” Onew asks slightly shocked. “What are they?”

“We’ll allow you and the boys to live in the house together with your wife and your children, but we have one condition,” the first man continues.

“What is the condition?” Onew hesitantly asks. I wonder if this should be a conversation that I’m here for, but they told him to bring me I guess. Otherwise Onew probably wouldn’t have brought me along.

“If anyone is to find out about your marriage,” the second guy says, “if anyone is to find out that you’re married and have children, then you’re to be dropped from the group.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will anyone find out about Onew and Christy's marriage? What will life be like once Onew debuts? Will things end up changing between Onew and Christy?

 

Here's Chapter 4. Hope you enjoyed :D