I'll Always Be There

Me and My Idol Husband

Onew’s POV

“Isn’t that a little unfair?” Christy asks me as we leave the office together.

“What?” I ask.

“Them saying that if people find out about us that you’re going to be dropped from the group. Don’t you think that that’s a little unfair?”

“Don’t worry about it,” I say with a smile. I want to hold her close and tell her those words, but we’re still in the company building and I don’t know if anyone will see us. I can’t put my position in jeopardy already. I have to be careful now, more careful than ever.

“But still—,” Christy begins, but I cut her off.

“Stop worrying over things like that, I don’t want you to put wrinkles into your pretty face. Let’s go home, alright?”

Christy and I head home where we just relax with one another on the couch. “You know, I kind of miss having the kids around,” Christy says.

“They’re in school.”

“I know that,” she says as she sits up so that she’s looking at me, “but you know, when they’re around you always wish for peace and quiet, and then when they’re not home, you miss them.”

“That’s what being a parent is, always worrying about the child.”

“I guess,” Christy says as she settles herself on my chest again. “So, your debut is this weekend, are you excited?”

“I could say nervous,” I say with a chuckle as I flip through the channels on the television.

“Wait,” Christy says as she stops me and takes the remote. “Isn’t that you and the guys?”

“What?” I ask turning to look at the television where our teaser is playing as a commercial as an upcoming debut.

“Whoa, who knew that my husband was so talented,” she says as she stares at it. “Is this your debut song?”

“It is,” I say with a chuckle.

“When did you guys film the music video?”

“A month ago or so,” I tell her. “When the guys and I weren’t home for two days we were out shooting it.”

“I can’t wait to watch it. You know what, this is kind of exciting, isn’t it?”

“I guess, I mean, my debut is this weekend…it is quite insane.”

“I feel excited for you,” Christy says giving me a big smile.

“I’ll sing some for you,” I say as I get up from the couch.

“You don’t have to,” Christy says in an attempt to stop me, but I shake my head.

“I should at least let my wife have a preview of the song.” I get up from the couch and stand before her as I clear my throat. “I won’t dance, I’ll only sing it so then you can watch the live broadcast and be shocked by my impressive dance skills.”

“Of course I will be,” Christy jokes, but I don’t say anything back as I begin singing.

 

Noona you’re so pretty that guys won’t leave you alone

To be honest, I know about her wavering feelings

To her, love is just a feeling of one moment

But no matter what, she’s my life’s everything

 

Maybe she’s burdened about my young age

The way you look at me tells me so

And I think I’m gonna hate it girl

The end is drawing near

Regardless of what others say, your heart will tell you

 

Noona, you’re so pretty

Looking at that girl, I go crazy

But now I’m tired

Replay, replay, replay

 

Memories scratch at my heart

My heart hurts, so now I’ll mend it

With the approaching farewell, I

Replay, replay, replay

 

“Up until here,” I say as I stop singing and look at Christy. “Do you like it?” I ask her as she nods her head. “Good, I thought you would.”

 

Christy’s POV

“I like that song,” I say as Onew sits back down on the couch. “It has a nice vibe to it. I think you guys are going to be really famous.”

“I hope we are,” he honestly says, “I mean, all of us hope we are. It’s a dog eat dog world out there and we just hope we survive.”

“Eomma! Appa!” Minjin and Jinyoung yell as soon as they see us waiting for them outside of school.

“Hey guys,” I say greeting them with open arms. “Were you good this morning for your samchoons?”

“Yes,” they both respond.

“Good, good,” I say as I pat both of their heads. “Let’s spend some time out today with eomma and appa, alright?”

“Yay!” they both yell as they run over to Onew. We both agreed earlier that maybe spending some alone time with the children wouldn’t be that bad. Most of the time our daily schedule consists of dropping them off from school, Onew going to the company, me doing the housework, and then going to pick them up from school. Rarely does Minjin and Jinyoung’s schedules ever change, so we decided to spend some time out today.

“This is a really good place, so I’ve heard,” Onew tells the kids as we arrive in front of the kids’ café. “Key-samchoon told me that it’s really fun. Let’s go inside.”

Onew and I follow the kids inside the place and it really does seem like a fun space for them to play in. It kind of reminds me of a daycare a little bit, but I guess it’s more fun since it’s with the parents rather than with some stranger. Well I guess daycares don’t have to be with absolute strangers.

“Okay now, behave, okay? And if something happens, whether you get hurt or if something’s not right, you come to one of us, understand?” I ask the kids.

“Got it,” they both say as they happily smile.

“Okay,” Onew says, “now go play along and have fun. Eomma and appa will be sitting over there.”

Onew and I watch the kids as they run off before we go to sit and watch them. We’re sure that they’ll be able to take care of themselves out there, but we’re nearby just in case anything happens. They’re strong and independent kids and we have faith in them that they’ll always do the right thing.

“So you probably won’t be available for a while now, right?” I ask Onew.

“Seems that way,” he sighs as he looks at me. “I hope I’ll be able to see you guys once in a while, though.”

“You will be,” I say to reassure him, even though I’m not entirely sure myself. With his busy schedule as an idol, we won’t be able to see each other as often and I wonder if the children will start to question his absence. “I understand and the kids will understand, okay? I’ll be sure to send you lots of pictures and videos of them.”

“I hope you won’t have to,” Onew says as he looks at them playing with one another. “I hope I’ll be there for most of their important moments.”

“Hmm,” I hum in agreement as I follow his eyes and then look back at him.

“Hey,” Onew says as he looks at me excitedly, “why don’t you and the kids come to the debut stage?”

“Us come? Are you sure? I mean, Minjin and Jinyoung might cause problems…” I say thinking of all the things that five-year-olds would be able to do in a place full of people.

“We raised our children well, I’m sure they won’t cause a disturbance.”

“But what if they suddenly call out to you when they see you? What if they accidentally call you appa?” I ask. “Then what’ll happen to your career?”

“Stop thinking about those things,” Onew says as he reaches out to grab my hands. “Look, I promise you that we’ll be okay and I’ll be okay. No one will find out about our marriage or our children and I’ll keep all of you safe.”

“I’m sure you will,” I say returning him a smile. “I have faith in you, but I can’t help but worry, you know?”

“I know, that’s what makes you so awesome,” Onew says as he reaches over and ruffles the top of my head. “Why don’t you invite Nicole and Changmin-hyung, too? Then maybe the children will be preoccupied.”

“Maybe,” I say. “I’ll think about it and I’ll talk it over with the kids, about setting the ground rules about calling you appa when they’re out in public. They might not fully understand, but they will one day.”

“I hope they understand,” Onew says as his eyes drift to them again. “I really hope so.”

 

Onew’s POV

While the children are happily playing at the kids’ café, Christy and I have a nice talk with one another, until I hear some workers start talking around us. “Hey, doesn’t that guy over there look like the guy in SM’s new teaser?”

“Yeah, he does. Is it a coincidence or is it really him?”

“Why would he be at a kids’ café?”

“Does he have a kid?”

“Is that woman his wife?”

“Is something the matter?” Christy asks as she worriedly looks at me.

“Hmm?” I ask looking at her before shaking my head. “No, no, nothing is wrong.”

“Oh, okay,” she says as she warily looks at me and then looks down at her watch. “I think we should get going.”

“Alright,” I say as I get up from the seat and go over to call Minjin and Jinyoung. A part of me is slightly happy that we’re leaving because then maybe those workers will forget what they saw. I guess that that’s how it’s going to be, that I can’t really do things with my family anymore because of my debuting.

“You know, you should get some rest,” Christy says as we arrive at the house. “I mean…you’re tired, aren’t you? And you have a lot of practice ahead of you.”

“I’ll be fine, stop worrying about me,” I tell her as I open the door.

“So, how was the place?” Key asks as he immediately comes up to us and looks at the kids who are sleeping in our arms. “It was that fun?”

“They had fun,” Christy tells him with a smile. “Thanks for recommending such a place.”

“Noona, hyung,” Taemin says as he comes up to us, “Minho-hyung and I can put the kids to bed if you want.”

“We’re good,” I say to Taemin. “You guys don’t have to keep staring at us. Go do what you want.”

“We did what we wanted all day,” Jonghyun says as he sprawls out on the couch. “Frankly, it’s kind of boring.”

“Well I bet you to say that tomorrow,” Minho chimes in. “You’ll probably be wishing for a day like today.”

“I’m going to go put Minjin down,” Christy tells me.

“Here, I’ll come with you,” I say as I follow behind her holding Jinyoung.

Slowly, I put Jinyoung down and change his clothes before tucking him into bed. It’s been a long day for them and even though it’s kind of still early for them to be going to bed, I’m sure that they’re just tuckered out from all the playing and running around. This was probably one of the best days of their lives yet.

“Are you nervous about the upcoming days for me?” I ask Christy as she and I stand in the doorway of the kids’ bedroom.

“Kind of,” she admits. “I just don’t want you to push yourselves too hard and collapse from exhaustion or something.”

“I won’t collapse,” I say as I backhug her and pull her close to me. “I won’t strain myself too hard, but I’ll put all of my effort into it. As long as you’re my number one fan, I feel as though I’ll be able to do anything. You’ll be my number one fan, right?”

“I’ll always be your number one fan,” Christy says as she grabs onto my arm. “Never forget it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Christy and the kids go to see the debut stage? How will everything change once Onew debuts? What will happen to Christy and Onew?

 

Here's Chapter 5. Hope you enjoyed :D