Making Friends

Me and My Idol Husband

Onew’s POV

“Oh, you have some crumbs on your face,” Jessica says as she looks at me.

“Huh?” I ask turning to look at her.

“On your face,” she says with a chuckle as she reaches to wipe it off, but I quickly pull away.

“Um…I got it, it’s alright,” I awkwardly say as I grab a napkin and wipe my face. No one besides the SHINee members know about me being married, well besides all of the higher ups in the company. The rest of the artists don’t know anything just because they might accidentally mention something to someone else, and well, that’s how things start and get out.

“You don’t need to be so nervous around a sunbae, plus our debut days are close enough,” Jessica says with a bright smile as she looks at everyone. “We’re all friends here, aren’t we? How old are you?”

“I was born in 1989,” I tell her. “The others are somewhat close.”

“Well then you and I are the same age,” she says looking at me with wide eyes. “Right, Tiffany?”

“Right. The three of us are the same age then,” Tiffany chimes in.

“So let’s be friendly with one another, alright?” Jessica suggests.

“I guess,” I say nervously as I look at the others who have stayed silent the entire time. They’re probably too nervous to even say something, but I don’t know why. They should save me in times like this.

“So do you guys live near the rest of the artists?” Tiffany asks.

“Umm…” Key says as he looks at the rest of us.

“Somewhat,” Minho chimes in as he puts a hand on Key’s back. “We don’t know where everyone else lives, really.”

“Well maybe we could show you sometime, you know?” Jessica says as she looks at Tiffany.

“Maybe,” Minho awkwardly chuckles as he looks at me.

Thankfully, though, our manager announces that it’s time for us to leave to attend our next schedule. I don’t think I could’ve sat there any longer through that awkward conversation. “I never thought that would end,” Taemin sighs as we enter the van.

“It’s not just the fact that they’re sunbaes,” Jonghyun starts, “but it’s the fact that you’re…you know…”

“We’re in an enclosed space, you can say it,” I say with a chuckle.

“Yeah, but still,” he says as he looks out the window at the fans that have gathered.  “What if they find out?”

“But the door is closed and we’re going to start driving,” I sigh. “But we get it, we all know what you’re talking about. But thanks…for not saying anything that we would regret later.”

“No problem,” Minho says with a smile. “We know how important it is to keep it hidden.”

We finally arrive at the company to practice some more before we go to the recording studio. Nowadays we rarely ever have time to do anything. I haven’t called Christy in what feels like the longest time because of all of this stuff going on. Most of the time I get home while she’s sleeping and then I leave before she wakes up. Or, if we’re too far away from the house, then we stay the night at a hotel or something before continuing the next day.

“Alright, let’s take a twenty minute break, okay? You guys deserved it,” the choreographer says before he leaves the room, leaving the five of us lying around the floor.

“Twenty minutes,” Jonghyun pants. “I think that’s the longest amount of time we’ve ever gotten.”

“I’ll be back,” I say as I get up from the ground.

“Where are you going hyung?” Taemin wonders.

“Where else do you think he’s going?” Key asks as he gently hits him. “He’s going to go call you-know-who.”

“You guys can call her by name,” I attempt to say as Key shakes his head.

“We’re in the company, you never know who can just walk right in. There are certain words that are going to be banned from speaking because people are going to find out about you. So, we can just go with vaguer terms. Got it, Taemin?”

“Why are you looking at me?” he whines.

“Because you’re the one that’ll say something,” Minho complains as I leave the room.

 

Christy’s POV

“Auntie, Auntie,” Minjin says as she runs up to Nicole. “Let’s go play with my dolls.”

“Alright, alright,” Christy says with a chuckle as she follows behind Minjin.

“I bet you can’t wait to have one of your own, right?” I ask her as she passes by me.

“Of course,” she chuckles. “Minjin, wait a minute!”

“Jinyoung,” I say turning to see where he’s sitting on the floor in the living room. “What are you doing? Don’t you want to play together with your auntie?” silently, Jinyoung shakes his head. “Jinyoung-ah,” I say going over and sitting down next to him, “are you still sad?”

“Eomma, does appa love me?” Jinyoung asks as he looks up at me.

“Aww, Jinyoung,” I say immediately hugging him. “Of course appa loves you, why wouldn’t appa love you?”

“Because appa doesn’t come home.”

“Appa does come home, but he has to work before you and Minjin get up,” I attempt to explain. “Appa loves you very much, just like the other samchoons and everyone else. I love you, too, Jinyoung. I love you and Minjin. Let’s watch some TV, alright?”

“Okay,” Jinyoung says as I get the remote and turn the television on for him as my cell phone starts to ring.

“Hello?” I ask picking it up.

“Christy,” Onew says on the other line.

“Wow, calling in the middle of the day, it must be a treat.”

“I’m sorry I haven’t called, I really am,” he says. He sounds tired, like he’s exhausted, and I can’t help but feel sorry for him. I don’t know how an idol’s lifestyle is and he and I rarely ever talk anymore for me to know about it. Still, though, I’m happy to hear his voice, even if it’s only going to be for a short time.

“That’s alright. So where are you right now?”

“We just got done practicing for a bit and we have a longer break than normal. I’m hiding outback.”

“What if someone finds you?” I worriedly ask.

“They won’t, it’s the afternoon,” Onew says with a chuckle. “And plus, I’m standing behind the door so if someone were to come out, I would be able to hide. And no, I won’t get hit with it.”

“I miss hearing your voice,” I sigh. “And your laugh.”

“Well we’re talking right now, aren’t we?”

“We are, oh, but Onew,” I say suddenly remembering about the incident with Jinyoung that happened earlier. “The kids really miss you.”

“And I miss them, too.”

“I’m going to put them on the phone, hold on a minute,” I say. “But Onew…today there was a little incident with Jinyoung.”

“An incident? Was it something bad? Was someone injured? Are you guys alright?”

“We’re fine, we’re fine,” I say smiling to myself about his concern. “But…his teacher told me that they had a project where they had to draw their family, but Jinyoung didn’t draw you because he said that he couldn’t remember you.”

“Oh,” Onew softly says.

“Yeah,” I repeat after him. “But give me a minute, I’ll put you on speaker phone and you can talk to the kids.”

I quickly go and get Minjin and Nicole from the room and bring them out into the living room where Jinyoung is sitting. “Appa?” Minjin hesitantly asks as she looks at the phone.

“Minjin-ah! Jinyoung-ah!” Onew happily says over the phone. “Have you guys missed appa? Appa misses you a lot.”

“Appa, when are you coming home?” Minjin wonders.

“I’ll try to be home soon, alright? But in a meantime listen to your eomma and auntie, alright?”

“Yes,” Minjin and Jinyoung reply in unison.

“And Jinyoung-ah, don’t be too upset okay? Appa will come back really fast for you and Minjin. I promise. Then we’ll be able to do a whole bunch of things together, alright?”

 

Onew’s POV

It’s evening by the time we’re done with our practicing and by the time we’re done in the studio as well. “I’m so ready to sleep forever,” Jonghyun says as he slowly walks down the hallway.

“I hear you,” I say with a chuckle and I turn back to look at him. “I’m ready to sleep and eat. I’m hungry.”

“Well let’s go grab some food,” Taemin suggests.

“What else do you think we were going to do?” Key asks as he turns to him.

“Hyung, let’s go somewhere and get some take out to take back to the house,” Minho suggests as he talks to our manager.

“Sure, you guys deserve a break before you repeat this process tomorrow,” he says with a chuckle. “Let’s get going. What do you guys want to eat?”

“Chicken!” I immediately chime in. “It feels like forever since I last had chicken.”

“Alright then, chicken it is, let’s go to the van,” our manager says as he leads the way.

“Wow, twice in one day,” Jessica says as she comes up to us with a smile. “Girls, I’d like for you to meet SHINee.”

“Hello, hello,” we all say as we exchange greetings.

“Where were you guys heading to?” Tiffany asks.

“We’re getting something to eat,” Jonghyun explains.

“We were just about to get something to eat with the members of Super Junior,” Seohyun says as she looks at everyone. “Why don’t we join together?”

“Um…no thanks,” I say as I look at the members and it seems as though they can understand. “We’re going to actually take it back to the hou—I mean dorm.”

“Why don’t we go over to your dorm then?” Yuri suggests. “It could be a sort of welcome to the club type thing.”

“No thanks, I think we should do it some other time,” I quickly say. “Um…we have an early schedule tomorrow so we can’t stay up too late tonight.”

“But you have to learn how to juggle it sometime,” Yoona says with a smile. “Why don’t we just hang out together? It would be a nice chance for all of us to know each other better.”

“I really don’t think we should do that, you see,” Minho says as his eyes quickly scan the room. “Our maknae here needs his sleep. He’s still a growing boy, right Taemin?”

“Huh?” Taemin asks looking at him, but gets a jolt after seeing the glare that Minho is giving him. “Oh, yeah, sleep, I really need my sleep. It’s already past my bedtime and it’s only…six thirty…”

“Plus our dorm isn’t in its best condition right now because of our busy schedules,” Key says. “It’s messy. I think it would be better next time if you were to give us a forewarning about coming over. That way we would be able to clean up.”

“Let’s stop hassling them,” Jessica says with a chuckle, “I think they’re uncomfortable with having a bunch of sunbaes over their dorm. Let’s make it for next time, alright guys?

“Alright,” I say forcing a smile onto my face. “We’ll have everyone over soon enough. We’ll leave first. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye,” everyone says as we start moving.

“That was a close one, wasn’t it,” Taemin whispers once we’ve gotten far enough away.

“Yeah,” I sigh thinking about what would happen if they keep bothering to come over to the supposed dorm. I can’t just kick Christy, Minjin, and Jinyoung out of the house and hide all of their toys. I just can’t, so I have to make sure that they don’t ever come over to the house.

“Let’s go home, hyung,” Minho says as he puts his hands on my shoulders. “I know you’re dying to see everyone.”

“Yeah,” I say giving him a smile. “Let’s go.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will people still try to go over to the dorm? Will Onew succeed in keeping people away? Will Minjin, Jinyoung, and Christy be able to see Onew soon? 

 

Here's Chapter 9. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And I am back after the longest time, yes. Thank you for waiting patiently for my updates and I'm sorry if it seems like it's going slow...I'll try to make each chapter enjoyable.

 

Have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you soon :)