Future Changes

Me and My Idol Husband

Onew’s POV

“Why do you look so tired?” Key asks as I walk into the practice room.

“Minjin had a bad dream last night,” I say as I rub my eyes.

“Aww, poor Minjin,” Taemin says.

“You know that you guys do live in the same house as I do, right?” I ask them.

“Yeah, but still,” Taemin says with a shrug of his shoulders.

“Guys, gather up,” our manager says.

“Yes?” Jonghyun asks as we all gather into the circle.

“Since you guys are going to debut soon, we think that moving you all to a dormitory closer to the company would be more convenient,” he explains. As all of us hear that statement, I feel the guys taking secret glances towards me. “We were thinking about moving you guys out of your current place and into the new apartment today.”

“Today?” I ask. “But all of us already live together. I don’t see what the problem is.”

“There really is no problem, we just want you guys to be closer to the company,” our manager says.

“And you don’t want Jonghyun sneaking off with random girls,” Key chimes in.

“So you want me to leave my family?” I ask.

“Um…more or…less,” he hesitantly says.

“But how can I just leave them? I have children you know, and a wife. To live in a dorm, don’t you think that’s a bit too extreme? If we all live together and people see us coming and going, they won’t think anything of it.”

“But what about your wife and children? How are you going to explain them? They can’t be held up inside forever, people are going to find out about them sooner or later,” he says.

“I can deal with that as it comes,” I say. “I already said that I’ll tell everyone that I’m married and a father.”

“But we don’t want you to do that,” our manager says shocking everyone, including me. I wasn’t certain that they had made a final decision on that yet. I only know that they were discussing the possibility of me telling everyone.

“You guys finally decided on something, huh,” I remark.

“We did,” he says nodding his head. “We think that it would be best if you didn’t say anything about your marriage and your children. We think that it would be better if you didn’t say anything about it, you or the other guys. Understood?”

“Yes,” the rest of them say in unison.

“Okay, so I won’t say anything,” I tell them, “but please let us just continue living at the house we’re living in. They could just think that Christy is the maid and that she’s just living there to continue cleaning up our house and that the children are like your children. Please, just let us continue living there.”

The manager sighs as he stares at all of us. “I…I guess I’ll discuss it with the others, but I can’t have any guarantees. Now get back to work.”

The guys and I continue to practice our choreography and our vocals until late in the night and once we’re done, we stop at the convenience store for some food before returning back to the house. “I can’t believe that we debut in a week,” Minho says as he begins eating his ramen.

“I can’t believe it either,” Key says. “We’ve practiced for five long years to have this moment finally come alive, our debut stage.”

“Hmm,” I mumble in response as I continue devouring the ramen.

“Onew-hyung,” Taemin says as he looks at me.

“Yeah?” I manage to ask as I slurp down some noodles.

“What do you think about them telling us that we have to move?” he wonders.

“But you don’t even know if we’ll have to,” I say as I attempt to keep a positive mindset.

“But what if we have to?” Jonghyun asks. “What if we have to move to a dorm? What are you going to tell Christy? Are you going to tell her about what the company said, too?”

“I don’t know,” I honestly say. “I mean, I will when the time comes, but only if it’s a must. About the company issue, I have to tell her. I know she’ll be disappointed, but I know that she’ll understand. I feel sorry for her,” I tell them with a sigh. “It seems like this life will be harder for her than it is for me and I feel sorry for her.”

 

Christy’s POV

I open my eyes to the sound of my alarm blaring and am surprised to see Onew lying next to me. “Hmm, I don’t have to get up,” he says in a groggy voice as he rolls over a bit. “I’m off from the company today.”

“Really?” I ask.

“Really,” he whispers as he slowly opens his eyes to look at me with a gentle smile.

“Okay, well I’m going to go get Minjin and Jinyoung ready for school and I’ll let you sleep, alright?”

“Wake me up when you come back home,” he says as he rolls over once again under the covers before drifting back off to sleep.

“Okay,” I say with a nod of my head as I slowly close the bedroom door and go wake Minjin and Jinyoung up. Somehow at the thought of Onew begin home today excites me. I can’t believe that he has a day off. He’s almost never had a day off during his five years of training and suddenly he’s gifted with one. It’s probably his lucky day.

“Eomma, you’re smiling a lot today,” Jinyoung says as he looks at me.

“Am I?” I ask with a chuckle. “It’s just because today’s so sunny, you should smile, too. You too, Minjin.”

“Okay,” she says as she begins to run to the kitchen.

“Where are you running?” I ask as I follow behind her. “I didn’t even make breakfast yet.”

“But we did,” I hear a voice say.

“Key?” I ask. “Why are you guys up so early? You guys could sleep in like Onew’s doing right now.”

“Nah, we wanted to see Minjin and Jinyoung off to school,” Taemin says as he picks up Minjin, much to her delight.

“Oh,” I say. “Okay then.”

“Noona, we can take them to school,” Taemin says.

“You don’t have to,” I begin.

“Uncle Minho!” Jinyoung yells as he spots him.

“Hey little guy,” Minho says as he scoops Jinyoung up in his arms as he goes to sit down at the table.

“It’s alright,” Jonghyun says. “We want to drop them off once in a while, plus I think you should Onew-hyung should have some alone time.”

“Alone time,” I say with a chuckle. “I’m pretty sure Onew’s going to be sleeping until the afternoon.”

“Just go wake him up,” Minho says with a shrug of his shoulders.

“I don’t think you guys understand how difficult it is to wake someone like him up,” I say with a chuckle. “Especially when he’s tired, then it’s even worse.”

“Doesn’t hurt to try,” Key says with a sly smile. “Anyway, we have the kids, just go try to wake him up, alright?”

“I…I guess,” I say. “Are you sure you’ll be okay with them? I already packed their lunch last night and it’s in the fridge.”

“We got it, we got it,” Jonghyun says as he goes into the fridge and gets the food out. “We got it, don’t worry. Go spend some time with your husband.”

I take one last look at the guys with Minjin and Jinyoung and sigh. “I…I guess, but do you guys even know where their school is?”

“We do, now stop worrying, noona,” Taemin says with a chuckle.

“Minjin, Jinyoung,” I say going over to them, “the uncles are going to take you to school today, okay?”

“Yay!” they both yell.

“You both better behave for them when they’re taking you to school, alright? If you don’t, I’ll hear about it.”

“Yes,” they both say.

“Okay,” I say as I go over and hug them both before kissing them on their cheeks. “Have a good day at school today and I’ll see you when you come home.”

“Don’t worry about anything,” Minho says with a smile. “We’re good.”

 

Onew’s POV

As soon as Christy leaves the room after waking me up, I jump out of bed and begin preparing for the surprise. I asked the guys if they could take Minjin and Jinyoung to school so Christy and I could spend the day together, to which they agreed. Today is the day, today has to be the day. I’m going to tell Christy about what the company has been telling me, and I’m also going to tell her that our debut date got pushed up to that weekend, that’s why we suddenly have a day off before intensive practice.

Quickly, I wash up and get ready before getting out the bracelet that I prepared for her. As I’m sitting down on the bed in position, I hear the doorknob jiggle a little bit before it opens to see a shocked Christy standing on the other side.

“What are you doing up?” she asks eyeing me weirdly.

“What do you mean?” I ask her. “Can’t I be up?”

“Well you can,” she begins, “but it just seems…weird. Weren’t you just sleeping before?”

“I was,” I say with a chuckle. “But there’s something that I want to give you.”

“Something you want to give me? What is it?” she asks.

“This,” I say as I give her the bracelet box.

“What is it?”

“Open it.”

I watch as Christy handles the box with care and opens the box to find the bracelet inside. Carefully, she picks it up and looks at the charms that are on it. “LJK, LJY, LMJ, what are these? What do these letters mean?” she asks.

“Our initials,” I say. “I know it’s corny, but I want you to have it so you know that we’ll always be with you.”

“Ah,” she says as she looks at it and understands, “Lee Jinki, Lee Jinyoung, and Lee Minjin.”

“Exactly,” I say with a smile.

“Thank you,” Christy says as she comes over and hugs me before giving me a light kiss on the cheek. “I really love it, thank you.”

“No problem,” I say with a smile. “I’m glad that I could do something for you.”

“What do you mean? You always do things for me.”

“But…but I don’t know how often I’ll be able to do things for you anymore,” I slowly admit.

“Why?” she asks slightly confused. “You aren’t going to leave me or something, are you?”

“I would never leave you,” I tell her. “It’s just…the company…”

“Oh,” she softly says as she moves away to sit down on the bed.

“Christy,” I say sitting down next to her and grabbing her hands. “I don’t want to make you angry and I understand if you are angry, but know that I have no control over any of this.”

“Onew, you’re making me worried,” she says as she searches my eyes for some clue about what I’m about to say.

“It’s nothing that bad, I mean, there are plenty of things that could probably be worse,” I start, but I realize that I’m probably starting to rant a little. “Anyway, Christy, I can’t say anything about you to the public. I can’t say anything about you or Minjin or Jinyoung.”

It takes a moment for the news to set in before Christy stares at me with a slightly confused face. “So that’s what you mentioned before at the school, right?” she asks. “About the company, you’re not allowed to say that you’re married or have children, right?”

“Right,” I say as I slowly nod my head. “But there’s one other thing.”

“One…other…thing?”

“I don’t know whether I’ll have to or not, but I might have to leave home.”

“Leave home? What do you mean?”

“Live in a dorm with the rest of the guys and the manager. We might all have to move out and leave you and the kids alone. Not only that, but I’m debuting this weekend, so I won’t be home at all.”

“Oh,” is the only thing Christy says as she looks at me, but I can see the sadness in her eyes. The eyes that once held happiness because I was home for a day now are sad and it’s all because of me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Onew have to move to a dorm? Will people find out about Onew being a husband and a father? How will Christy and Onew spend the rest of their day? What will the future hold once Onew debuts?

 

Here's Chapter 3. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And it took a month for me to update, something that wasn't really intended to happen, but I updated nonetheless. I'm on summer vacation now, so hopefully updates will come faster, not like before.

So, have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you later :)