And Now It Starts

Me and My Idol Husband

Christy’s POV

“Hey, Minjin, Jinyoung,” I say looking at them as I wake them up in the morning. “Do you guys want to go somewhere?”

“Where?” they both anxiously ask as they look at me. The both of them love going places with us, but this time, it’ll be only me.

“We’re going to go listen to music,” I say with a smile.

“Is appa going to be there?” Jinyoung curiously asks.

“Um…appa is going to be doing the music,” I nervously tell them. I’m not sure if they fully understand what I’m talking about, but I have to make sure that they won’t randomly call out to Onew during the performance because if they do, I’m sure that it would cause such a ruckus, not to mention he’ll get dropped from the group if anyone were to find out. “But listen to me,” I say as I pull them closer to me, “you have to behave yourselves.”

“We’re always good, eomma,” Minjin says as she innocently looks up at me.

“I know you are,” I say with a chuckle as I pat both her and Jinyoung’s head. “But you can’t call out to appa or the samchoons while they’re performing. You have to wait, okay?”

“Why can’t we?” Jinyoung questions.

“There will be a lot of people there that are going to support appa, okay?” I ask them. I’m attempting to break it down to make sure that the kids understand and don’t make a mistake. It would just be easier not to bring them, but I know that Onew would want them to come and I want them to see their father on stage. The only problem is that they can’t say anything while we’re around the venue. I’m not entirely sure if they understand that part.

“People like appa?” Minjin asks.

“Yes,” I say nodding my head. “People like appa, so we’re going to go there to support him, too, but he’s going to be focusing really hard. You know like when you play games and you don’t want anyone to bother you?” I ask and Minjin and Jinyoung thankfully nod their heads. “When you’re playing on the playground, like hide-and-go-seek and you don’t want anyone to find you, so you try hard to find a good place? That’s what appa’s doing.”

“Appa’s going to hide and we have to find him?” Jinyoung pipes up.

“No, no,” I say with a chuckle. These children are so innocent. “Appa is going to be trying hard to entertain people, so we have to be quiet and just watch him in order to not break his concentration, got it?”

“Okay,” Minjin and Jinyoung say. “We’ll behave eomma.”

“Good, now let’s go get ready,” I say standing up and walking to their room.

I’m anxious and nervous about seeing Onew on stage. I hope he does well and I hope the group does well, but I’m still nervous about them performing like what happens if they make a mistake or what if someone forgets their lines, but I’m sure he’ll do well. I mean, he and the guys have been practicing for a really long time for this debut, so I’m sure that he’s going to do just fine, they’re all going to do just fine.

“But eomma, where is appa performing?” Minjin wonders as I help Jinyoung get dressed.

“He’s going to be performing on a stage. You’ll see it when we go,” I tell her as I pull Jinyoung’s shirt over his head. “Okay Jinyoung, put your leg through this one,” I say as I try to get his pants on.

Finally, both of the kids are ready to leave and at this point I’m just nervous about whether or not they’ll call out to Onew when they see him. “Remember,” I say as we’re I load them into the car, “you have to be quiet once we enter the place where appa is going to perform. If the both of you are good, then we can go for ice cream afterwards. So remember, no talking until after, alright?”

“Got it!” Minjin and Jinyoung happily say as I strap them in before going into the driver’s seat.

It doesn’t take that long to get to the venue and looking at it now, I see how many people are here, although I don’t know whether they’re here for SHINee or for someone else, but there’s still a lot of people.

“Christy?” I hear a voice ask.

“Nicole? Changmin-oppa? What are you guys doing here?” I ask as I look at them.

“We got word that the guys were going to debut today,” Nicole says with a smile. “We thought that we’d come and watch.”

“Imo! Samchoon!” Minjin and Jinyoung yell as soon as they see Nicole and Changmin.

“Hey guys,” Changmin says with a wide smile as he leans down and picks them both up.

“Alright then, let’s go,” I say with a sigh as I turn back to look at them.

 

Onew’s POV

“Are you nervous?” Key asks as he watches me pace back and forth.

“Nervous for the stage? No,” I say shaking my head.

“Then why are you pacing?” Taemin wonders.

“I’m wondering about whether Christy and the kids will show up,” I sigh as I finally decide to sit down, but I can’t sit down for long since I’m still restless.

“Do you want them to show up?” Minho chimes in as he turns his head away from the television in the waiting room.

“I do,” I say, “but I don’t want someone to figure out that I have a wife and children. I’m proud of them, I really am, but…it would be too risky. I don’t want to jeopardize everything that we’ve worked five years for by people figuring that out.”

“We’ll be okay,” Key says as he puts a supportive hand on my shoulder. “Even if people were to figure out, we wouldn’t let you get dropped from the group. You’re our best friend. we started this together and we’ll continue this together. If you’re not there, then none of us are going to do it either.”

“But I know how much you guys wanted this,” I attempt to defend, but Jonghyun shakes his head.

“It was Key that dragged us into this anyway. If he says that we’re all together as one, then we are all together,” he says.

“I just don’t want Christy to worry,” I honestly confess. “I know she’s been on edge since the day we found out about the condition, so I know she’s going to make sure that the children don’t say a word during the performance. I just feel sorry for her to have to go through this alone.”

“Should we schedule some more couple time for you then?” Key asks.

“No, you don’t need to. I highly doubt we’ll even have time for anything anymore,” I sigh. “Everything’s going to change after this, I know it is.”

“Things might change for the better,” Minho says shrugging his shoulders, “you don’t know. Just stop being so negative about it and just see the good coming out of this.”

“I guess you’re right,” I say as I look at the television where another group is on. “I guess there are positives to doing this.”

“That’s the thinking,” Taemin says with a bright smile. “We’re all nervous, hyung, and we all don’t know what the future awaits, but we’re all in this together.”

“Guys,” our manager says as he sticks his head in, “you’re on deck. Are you ready?”

“As ready as we’ll ever be,” I say with a smile as all of us begin leaving.

The five of us walk through the halls of the building, through the twists and turns before we get to the backstage area where we wait for the group before us to be done before we go on.

I guess it’s finally hitting me now, that together, the five of us are going to debut on stage. Together the five of us are going to become idols that make music and that have hectic schedules. Five years ago, I would’ve never thought about this, about becoming an idol. I only thought about becoming a father and a great father at that. I only thought about how to make the best out of my life, and I guess I’m doing it now.

“I know how much you guys have worked for this,” our manager says in a low voice as we’re huddled around each other. “Just believe in yourselves and just keep pushing forward. I’m sure you guys will do great. Let’s go!”

Quickly, the five of us climb the stairs to go onto the stairs. “Hello,” the five of us greet as a group as we bow. “We’re SHINee, we’ll work hard.”

We hear some fans cheer after we’re done introducing ourselves, but I can’t take a look long enough to see if Christy is there since we have to quickly get into our positions and the music starts to play.

I don’t have much time to look until it’s my part to sing, but even so, trying to find the right camera to look at and attempting to find Christy is difficult. However, once the chorus hits, I’m able to take a better look around to try to find her and before my next turn rolls around, I find her. I actually find where Christy and the children are, mostly because they’re kind of sitting towards the front, but I can’t believe that I actually found where they’re sitting.

Somehow seeing them makes me more energized because they actually came to see me. I can’t believe that they actually came together. During my part, though, I have to regain my focus or else I would just keep looking at them when I have to look at the camera.

I actually can’t wait until I get to see Christy and thank her for coming. I just have to finish this performance quickly and maybe I’ll have time, but I’m not entirely sure. I guess that’s the life of an idol though, never having time to do anything.

 

Christy’s POV

“Was it fun seeing appa?” I ask the kids once we’re settled down in an ice cream parlor.

“It was,” Minjin says with a nod of her head.

“Appa looked cool!” Jinyoung exclaims before he takes a bite out of his ice cream.

“It really was cool,” Nicole says with a chuckle. “It was nice seeing him and the guys do something that they love.”

“It was,” I say nodding my head, “although it was something that he learned to love, I guess. But anyway, Changmin-oppa, I guess a congratulations are in order,” I say as I turn my attention to him.

“Huh?” he asks a bit surprised before it registers. “Wait, you knew about it?”

“Of course,” I say as I look at Nicole and snicker a bit.

“But thanks,” he says with a smile. “Soon we’re going to have one like yours.”

“I have two,” I jokingly say. “What if you have twins as well?”

“Then I guess we’ll be getting some sleepless nights,” Nicole says as she looks at Minjin and Jinyoung who are comfortably eating their ice cream.

“Do you know when Onew is going to come back?” Changmin wonders.

“No,” I say shaking my head. “He may come back in the morning or he might come back soon after this, I have no idea. I think he might have practice because there are some more performances over the course of the weekend.”

“How many more performances does he have to do?” Nicole asks.

“I’m not sure,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “I guess on the music broadcasts and whatnot, so I’m assuming they have to practice that and then they also have to practice their vocals and dance routines. It’s surprising that he and the guys have any time to do anything,” I say with a light chuckle.

“How do you feel about that, though?” Nicole asks.

“I don’t know,” I sigh. “I haven’t really thought about it that much. I guess it hasn’t really set in that my husband has now debuted as an idol. I find it hard to imagine now.”

“I can imagine,” Changmin says with a chuckle. “Either way, tell him congrats from me when you see him.”

“Will do,” I say with a nod of my head as I take a quick glance at the children. “Aw, Jinyoung, ice cream is coming down your face,” I say with a laugh as I quickly grab a napkin and wipe his face off and do the same with Minjin. “You guys are so messy.”

“Do you think he misses this?” Nicole asks.

“What are you talking about?” I wonder.

“Do you think Onew-oppa misses spending time with his children?” Nicole asks again.

“Isn’t it natural?” I ask. “Isn’t it natural for parents to miss their children?”

“I guess,” she says. “I guess it is natural after all.”

Once everyone is done their ice cream, Nicole, Changmin, and I part ways. I take the children home and put them down for their nap since they’re tired and I myself go into the living room to do some straightening up and maybe some relaxation. I’m not entirely sure when Onew and the guys are coming home or if they’re even coming home tonight, but I guess they have to come home sometime since they have to sleep, at least for a little bit.

I finish cleaning relatively early and decide to flip through the channels on the television while the children are still sleeping and I see news about SHINee, the newest idol group that has debuted.

When I see Onew’s face on the television, it finally hits me. My husband is an idol. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen now that Onew has officially debuted? What complications will arise now that Onew and his friends are an idol? Will everything be alright?

 

Here's Chapter 6. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And sorry that I haven't updated in like two months, I got sidetracked by some things that I had to do. However, I'll be sure to start picking up on the updates. And SHINee has made their comeback! I like the song and the dance is pretty cool, it kind of reminds me of like the ending part in Cadet Kelley, you know...or maybe you don't know that movie, it was on quite some time ago.

 

However, am I the only one who doesn't really like Key's shorts? I mean the socks go up to his knees anyway, so what is the point of having shorts on? Other than that, I like the stage outfits, too.

 

Anyway, I'll try to update a little faster, so for the meantime, enjoy SHINee's comeback.

Have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you soon :)