Things Are Like This

Me and My Idol Husband

Onew’s POV

“Alright guys, that’s a wrap, let’s call it a night,” our dance instructor says as he claps his hands together and looks at all of us. “We are done.”

“Night?” Jonghyun asks as he comes over once our dance instructor leaves. “He’s calling it a night? It’s two in the morning.”

“Yeah, well…” I sigh as I look at the clock that’s over on the wall. I didn’t get a chance to call Christy and ask her about the stage. I rarely had time to do anything after our first stage since it was back to the practice room to do some more spot checking before our next performance tomorrow. By now she’s probably asleep and I don’t know what time I’ll need to be ready for tomorrow, so I might not even be able to see her in the morning.

“You’re done for the day,” our manager says as he enters the dance studio. “Why don’t you guys freshen up and then we can drop you off at your home.”

“Alright,” the five of us say in unison.

It doesn’t take us long to return home and by that time it’s already almost three. According to our manager, he’ll pick us up at around eight or eight-thirty, only giving us about five hours of sleep.

“Lack of sleep,” Key says as he collapses right on the couch once we enter the house.

“You can sleep there,” I say with a chuckle. “I’m going up to my room.” It takes all of the muscle and energy I have left to climb the stairs up to the bedroom and to cautiously get into bed so I don’t wake Christy up.

“Hmm, is that you?” she mumbles in her sleep as I get in.

“Sorry,” I whisper, “did I wake you?”

“No, no,” she says shaking her head as she slowly sits up in bed. “Are you only coming back now?”

“Yeah,” I sigh. “I’m sorry I didn’t call, we had dance practice.”

“That’s alright, I just wanted to tell you that your stage today was really good.”

“Thanks,” I say with a bright smile.

“What time do you have to leave tomorrow?” she wonders.

“Eight,” I say.

“Well then you better get to sleep. Goodnight, Onew.”

“Goodnight Christy,” I softly say as she begins to wrap herself back up in the blankets. “Christy…wait,” I say stopping her.

“Is there something wrong?” she curiously asks.

“Come here,” I say as I gently wrap my arms around Christy and pull her close, our foreheads resting against each other.

“What are you doing?” she asks with a slight chuckle. Even if she protests, I can still tell that she likes it.

“I feel like I haven’t seen you or touched you for forever. Let’s just sleep like this, it’s the only way I’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep.”

“Okay,” she says as she gently kisses my lips. “Goodnight, Onew, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Christy, goodnight,” I say before I slowly drift off.

In the morning, I feel Christy slightly shaking me to wake me up. “You have to wake up,” she whispers. “It’s already seven. You said that you have to leave at eight.”

“I don’t want to,” I groan as I turn over.

“Appa!” Jinyoung yells as he runs into the room and hops on the bed. “Minjin and I saw you on stage yesterday, you were cool.”

“Was appa cool?” I ask as I slowly open my eyes and pull him on to my stomach.

“Appa was really cool!” Minjin says as she follows right behind him.

“That’s good,” I say with a smile.

“C’mon, sleepyhead, I know you want to sleep more, but you said you have to go,” Christy sighs. “Jinyoung, Minjin, let’s go prepare breakfast, alright?”

“Alright,” they both say as they hop off of the bed and follow Christy downstairs.” I can only smile at the doorway once they leave. I love being at home with my family, but duty calls, or more specifically my new job, so I have to leave this morning and I’ll continue to have to leave every morning. Somehow a part of me feels bad for missing things about their lives, but this is what I chose…it’s what I chose.

 

Christy’s POV

Minjin, Jinyoung, and I go downstairs and start preparing Onew and the others quick breakfast. He has to leave in an hour for whatever schedule he might be preparing for. He must be tired since he came in last night really late and he’ll probably be out until really late tonight as well.

“Eomma, is appa going somewhere?” Jinyoung curiously asks as he and Minjin set the table.

“He’s going out to work with the other samchoons,” I say with a smile as I continue frying the eggs. “Do you guys want to go wake them up? By the time they’re out of bed, breakfast will be done.”

“Okay,” they both say as they run off in the direction of their rooms, at least it’ll give them something to do.

Silently I finish frying the eggs and get out of the rest of the side dishes along with the kimchi stew that I already made this morning and finish setting the dishes out on the table. “Good morning guys,” I say as they slowly start to come into the table. They all look like zombies, and this is only really day one of being an idol. I can’t imagine what the rest of the days will be like for them.

“You made all of this?” Minho asks as he looks out at the table.

“It’s not much,” I say with a chuckle, “but since you guys have to go soon, I figured that it’s better than nothing.”

“Well thanks,” Jonghyun says as he picks up his chopsticks. “We’ll eat well.”

“We’ll eat well,” they say in unison as I spy Onew walking into the room.

“Good morning,” I say with a smile as he comes over and hugs me.

“Good morning,” he repeats with a smile. “I just want to go back to sleep.”

“I know,” I say as I softly pat his back. “But you have to go soon, so eat quickly,” I say as I pull away from the hug. “Minjin! Jinyoung!” I say calling to them. “Let’s eat breakfast!”

Somehow the eight of us manage to all sit down together and eat breakfast before the guys have to go. “Appa, you and the samchoons are going to work?” Jinyoung curiously asks.

“Yeah, we are,” Onew says as he reaches out and ruffles the top of Jinyoung’s hair. “What are you going to do today?”

“Play with Minjin,” he says as he looks at her.

“I was thinking about taking them out shopping,” I say. “Since it’s the weekend I figured it would be the best time to go and get them some new clothes.”

“Okay,” Onew says giving me a smile.

“I remember when I had free time,” Key says as he stares off into space.

“It’s only the first day,” Taemin says, “it’s not that bad yet, right?”

“Yet?” Jonghyun asks.

“Don’t act like you didn’t know it was going to be difficult, hyung,” Minho says as he looks at Jonghyun.

“Just because I know doesn’t mean that I have to like it,” Jonghyun says as he sticks out his tongue at Minho.

“Guys, don’t you have to go get ready?” I ask as I look at my watch. “It’s almost eight.”

“Crap,” Key says as he quickly gets up from the table, “I have to go get ready.”

“Some things just never change,” Minho mutters as he continues eating.

“I don’t want you guys to get in trouble, though,” I say.

“We won’t, don’t worry, right guys?” Onew asks looking at Minjin and Jinyoung who eagerly nod their heads.

“Still, I can’t help but be worried,” I confess.

“Stop worrying, it can cause wrinkles,” Onew says pointing his chopsticks at me. “I don’t want my wife to get early wrinkles.”

“Got it, got it,” I sigh. “Minjin, Jinyoung, are you finished eating?”

“Yes,” they both say in unison.

“Alright, then eomma will help you guys get dressed and we can go out for the day, too.” Quickly, Minjin and Jinyoung get off of their seats and run towards their room. “Have a good day, today, guys. Don’t get tired too quickly,” I say with a smile.

 

Onew’s POV

“Did you ever feel like you were missing something?” Taemin curiously asks as we’re sitting in the van going to the dance studio to practice the choreography some more before going and getting ready for the recording.

“What do you mean?” I wonder.

“Like with Minjin and Jinyoung,” Taemin says clarifying it a bit. “Don’t you ever feel like you’re missing out on part of their lives?”

“Sometimes,” I sigh as I look out the window and then back at him. “But if I quit now, then all the time that I’ve invested into this just goes to waste. All the time we’ve invested into this just goes to waste. There are times that I want to do things with them, but…I just can’t.”

“I guess, it’s a different life, being an idol,” Jonghyun says.

“True,” Minho agrees.

“But at least I can still live at home,” I confess. “If I didn’t live at home, I think I would be more regretful towards Christy and the kids because I wouldn’t be there very often. Who knows, Minjin and Jinyoung might’ve forgotten my face.”

“Hyung, since we’re living at the house…what happens if people find out?” Taemin wonders and it takes me a moment to realize what he’s talking about. Christy and I never told him or the others about the agreement that the company agreed on for staying at the house.

“Is it something bad?” Key cautiously asks.

“It’s not bad,” I say shaking my head. “It’s just…a condition.”

“Is it a dangerous type of condition?” Key wonders.

“If you let the guy talk,” Jonghyun chimes in, “then maybe we’ll be able to hear what this condition is.”

“Okay then, you have the floor,” Key says with a smile.

“If anyone is to find out about me having a wife and kids, then I’m going to be dropped from the group,” I admit to them.

“Dropped from the group?” Taemin asks in surprise. “Hyung, you would be dropped from the group?”

“That’s what they say,” I sigh.

“But how would we be able to do things without you?” he continues.

“Taemin, I’m not planning on getting dropped from the group,” I tell him and then turn my attention to everyone. “Guys, I’m not going to get dropped from the group, I promise.”

“What does Christy say about this whole agreement?” Minho wonders.

“She agrees,” I flatly say. “She was there when the agreement was proposed. I guess she’s alright with it.”

“You’re not sure?” Jonghyun asks in surprise.

“Well…she doesn’t like it, but what else can we do?” I ask looking at them. “It’s the agreement for us to live at the house, and it’s not like I want to be separated from my family either.”

“I guess,” Key sighs. “But are you sure that Christy is okay with the agreement.”

“I honestly don’t know…we haven’t talked about it,” I honestly tell them.

“You know…maybe you guys should talk about this whole thing. I mean, have you guys talked about it?” Minho asks.

“Not…really,” I hesitantly say. “We haven’t really talked much about anything, I haven’t had the time. Most of the time when we’re together, we’re just enjoying the fact that we’re together… I know we should talk with each other more and that’s something else I feel regretful for, but let’s just put those feelings behind us,” I say as I attempt to move the conversation along. “It’s a new day, let’s go into it head on.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen in the future with the group? Will anyone find out about Onew's personal life? What drama is ahead?

 

Here's Chapter 7. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And I'm probably going to skip ahead a little, maybe a couple of months, for the next chapter where the drama will start coming about. What do you expect will happen?