What Do We Want?

Me and My Idol Husband

Christy’s POV

“Where’s appa?” Jinyoung asked as I began putting out the food on the table.

“He’s working,” I plainly say as I look at them with a smile before gesturing for them to sit down. “You know how he always works, don’t you?”

“But isn’t he normally home by now?” Minjin asks. For being five-year-olds, they surely are smart.

“He’s probably busy,” I reply. Honestly, I have no idea where Onew is or what he’s doing. All I know is that their debut is around the corner and the guys are working as hard as they can in order to do everything that they possibly can to be the best idol group that anyone has ever seen. I know that they’re putting all of their efforts forth into developing their group and the image that they want to portray.

“Is appa going to be famous?” Minjin asks as I begin putting food on both of their plates.

“Maybe,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “He might be famous.”

“Really?” Jinyoung asks with wide eyes.

“Really, now eat,” I say telling them to eat as I gesture at the food that’s on their plates. Minjin and Jinyoung do as they’re told and I look at them and smile.

A lot of things have happened within the last five years. Jinyoung and Minjin have grown into their own people with their different personalities, yet they are still kind of the same. I’ve watched them grow up a lot within the past couple of years and Onew has too, but I still wish that he was still around for most of the things that had happened in their life. It’s like he’s been missing some of it, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re training to become an idol.

I still keep in touch with Changmin and Nicole, they come around sometimes and watch the kids for me when I need it if I need to go to the grocery store and it’s their naptime, I don’t want to disturb them, so I call one of them over and they gratefully come and help.

“Eomma, will things change if appa becomes famous?” Minjin asks.

“What do you mean?” I ask looking at her.

“Will appa and the samchons not have any more time for us?” she worriedly asks.

“No, no, nothing like that,” I say attempting to comfort her with a smile. “They’ll always have time for us, they’re just busy training to become really famous.”

As if a miracle happened, I hear the front door open and the loud boisterous voices of the guys walking into the house. “I smell food!” Onew yells as he enters into the dining room with his arms wide. He and the rest of the guys begin taking their normal places at the table.

“Appa!” Minjin and Jinyoung yell in unison as their eyes lay on Onew.

“Did you miss appa?” Onew asks as he goes over to each of them and gently kisses them on the forehead. “Eat, eat, we can play later,” he tells them, “we don’t want eomma’s cooking to get cold.”

“Christy, you know that your cooking has surely improved over the last couple of years, right?” Key asks as I give him a slightly evil glare.

“Anyway,” I say attempting to change the subject as the guys get comfortable in their seats and begin eating. “How has training been going?”

“Good, good,” Taemin says with a bright smile. “If things go as planned, we’re going to be debuting next week!”

“Next week?” I ask surprised. “You’re really going to be debuting that soon?”

“Hopefully,” Jonghyun says with a smile. “Thinking about it, it’s actually pretty exciting, is it not?”

“It is exciting,” I say with a smile, but honestly, I don’t know how I feel about it inside. I mean, I’m happy that Onew is getting to fulfill this strange dream of his to become an idol, but sometimes I can’t help but wonder what life will be like afterwards. I don’t know what will happen. Onew and I haven’t really talked about what the company ever said about him being married and having children. I’m pretty positive that they already know about it, but he hasn’t told me anything that they said about it. Is it because he’s afraid of what they said? Sometimes I wish that he would tell me things regarding the company. I am his wife.

“Christy, are you paying attention?” Onew asks worriedly looking at me.

“Huh?” I ask as I look at him. “Sorry, I was just spacing out.”

“Hmm, alright,” he says as he nods his head and continues eating his food, sometimes giving smiles towards Minjin and Jinyoung. I’m glad that he’s going to debut and I’m glad that he’s still here for the children, but I just wonder what’s going to happen once he debuts, will the guys have any time for us? I know that they’ll be busy, but will they even return home at night? Those are the things that I worry about.

 

Onew’s POV

I attempt to act normal as I talk with Minjin and Jinyoung and the rest of the guys, but I’m honestly worried about Christy. Lately things seem to have been bothering her, but she won’t tell me about them. I am her husband after all, I should know about these things.

After dinner, Minjin and Jinyoung go off to play with Minho and Taemin while Jonghyun and Key head out to do whatever they do, leaving Christy and I to have some alone time. As Christy is washing the dishes, I quickly sneak up behind her and wrap my arm around her waist, causing her to jump a little bit.

“Onew, what are you doing?” she surprisingly asks as she turns to look at me, but it’s difficult for her to do as my grip around her waist gets tighter and I closely backhug her.

“Let’s just stay like this,” I mumble into her shoulder. “I just want to stay like this. It’s been so long since I’ve been able to hold you like this…just let me stay like this.”

“What if someone comes in?” she asks.

“Who’s going to come in and what do they care?” I ask her. “It’s not like we’re doing anything bad…unless you want to.”

“Yah…what do you think you’re doing?” she asks as she gently hits me with the rag, but still, my grip around her never lets go.

Sure it sounds cheesy to say, but I’ve honestly fallen in love with Christy more with every passing day, but with every passing day I feel more and more sorry for her. I feel sorry that she has to watch after the children alone most of the time and that she can’t do the things that she wants to anymore. I want to be there for her, I mean, I want to watch my children grow up, they’re my children, but I know that I don’t have a lot of time to do anything.

“So, how was your day today?” I ask her as we sit on the couch in the living room. Minho, Taemin, Minjin, and Jinyoung are playing on the floor in front of us. I have no idea what they’re playing since it seems like it’s a game that they made up, but they’re having fun, and that’s all that matters.

“Good, good,” she says with a smile as she looks at me. Without second guessing, I quickly lean down and kiss her on the cheek. “What was that for?” she asks as she gently hits me. “You’ve gotten braver ever since you were accepted into a company.”

“Hey, I have to be brave, I’m going to be singing for fans and stuff like that,” I say as I try to think about that in the future, but it’s really scary when I think about it.

“I mean, you’ve gotten more confident in your abilities to woo someone,” she says with a smile. “I can’t say that I’m complaining though.” I smile at Christy as I wrap my arm around her shoulder and hug her close before I gently kiss the top of her head. “Why are you being so loving today of all days?”

“Can’t I be loving?” I ask as I gently pout at her.

“Of course you can, but it just seems like you’re doing it a lot today, is something wrong?”

“No,” I say shaking my head as I put a smile on my face.

But I can’t tell her. I know that she has worries about me debuting that she can’t tell me and I have worries too, but I can’t tell her. I know that with me telling her my worries she’ll only become more worried and I can’t have that happen. Christy…I want to tell her, but I know that she’ll only get hurt in the end. Maybe it’ll be best if I don’t tell her right away, but if one of the other guys tells her, then Christy will think that I’m a liar and that I don’t trust her.

Sometimes I wonder if auditioning for the idol group was a good idea. I wonder if it was right of me to want to become an idol, I mean, it was Key’s idea. But I wonder what will happen in the end. I know the schedules that I’m going to have, we were given a sample one. At that moment, I realized that I wouldn’t be able to spend as much time with my family as I’d like…much less any time with them at all.

I want to watch Minjin and Jinyoung grow up, I want to be a loving father and a good husband to Christy. I want all of those things, but I also now want to become an idol. I want to create good music that people will enjoy listening to, that’s my dream now, but my dream before that was to be a good father to my baby.

Sighing, and gently closing my eyes, I wrap both of my arms around Christy and bury my face in her hair again before I swiftly reach down and kiss her cheek, once again taking her in surprise. Have I not been around that much that she’s forgotten about my touch? “I love you, Christy,” I say with a smile as she looks at me.

“I love you, too,” she says returning a smile as she snuggles closer to me.

Yes, this is what I want.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Onew and Christy be able to tell each other their feelings about the upcoming debut? What will happen in the future? Will Onew actually debut? What does Onew not want to tell Christy?

 

Here's Chapter 1. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And here we go, it's the sequel to Me and My Bumbling Best Friend! Hopefully it'll live up to the standards that you have right now. This is a basic intro chapter to some of the things that are going through Christy and Onew's head before we start diving into the real drama. What do you think it'll be?

 

I'm not going to spoil anything so I'm just going to end it here.

Have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See ya later :)