9

The Art of War

After the rebellion, the widowed husband and his friends then created the Vampire Council, whose leadership rotated once every 100 years. The first leader was none other than the widower himself.

 

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

“Argh!” I cried and all of a sudden, I jolted out from my sleep. I was sweating profusely and panting heavily. My coffin was all wet. Must have been a bad dream, I thought to myself. It was unusually quiet tonight, normally I could hear the guards patrolling around the city but tonight, and there was not even a single noise. Even a church mouse could squeak, and I could even hear a pin drop. I got out of my coffin and quietly opened the door. It opened with a soft creak sound before I poked my head out to search the hallways. But all I found were burning dead bodies of Vanguards. Twisting my head left and right to check for a safe passageway, I instantly made my way over to Yoseob hyung’s room and knocked lightly on his door.

 

After 500 years, the Vampire Council attacked a village. Its sole survivor was a little boy whom went by the name of Hyunseung. He was adopted by the widower in what he presumed to be of similar resemblance to his son.

 

“Oh you’re awake.” Yoseob hyung said as he stepped aside for me to come in. “Yeah hyung I had this terrible nightmare of a house burning outside the city.” I told him. “Same here.” he replied. “Hyung you had the same nightmare as me?” I inquired. “Neh. What does it mean?” he questioned me back. “I don’t know hy-” I was about to answer his question when a voice interrupted both of us. “Looks like you guys are awake. How was your nightmare?” a hooded figure asked whilst standing outside at the balcony, his back faced towards us as he overlooked the city from where he stood. “You were the one who gave us this terrible nightmare?” I asked. The hooded figure just nodded silently and continued to stare out. “Why did you do that? And who are you?” Yoseob hyung queried.

 

Another 100 years had passed when one of the widower’s friends adopted another two boys, Yoseob and Kikwang. Both of them were taught how fight well and eventually became bodyguards to the Vampire Council.

 

“Okay that’s enough of questions I presume. I’ll take my leave since both of you have some things to settle.” The hooded figure said and pointed to a distance where a dim, orange light stood out amongst the dark skyline like a sore thumb. Smoke was seen rising to the skies. With that, the hooded figure leapt off the balcony, into the darkness below. We rushed to the balcony to see where he ad gone but he was nowhere to be found. Taking this chance, we leapt off the balcony and headed straight for the dim, orange light, and hid ourselves from any patrolling Vanguards. Upon reaching there, we found no one, meaning that its inhabitants were killed in the fire or taken away. Both of us just stood there as we watched the fire up the rotten wood.

 

End of Kikwang’s P.O.V.

 

A/N: Saengil Chukhahaeyo Kikwang-ssi! :D