20

The Art of War

Screams and cries were heard as fellow vampires evacuated the throne room. The whole room was in a mess now, supporting pillars had fallen, chairs and tables flipped over and even the roof is cracking up. The six of us could only watch from behind the bars in the lockup as we witnessed the fight between the Vampire Council and the grandmaster and his brother, the first werewolf.

 

Flashback

The unhooded figure then spoke, “I am the grandmaster.” A smirk then appeared on JR’s face, “You know that this throne room is specially made so no magic can be used inside. Besides, it’s five on one. We have the winning hand.” “Oh no you don’t,” a voice resonated the hallways as the first werewolf appeared beside his brother. “Let’s go!” the first vampire responded and dashed into the crowd of Vanguards that were blocking his way. “Wait for me!” the first werewolf cried as he hurried after his brother. “Sorry but we’ll have to settle you first,” Aron and Minhyun appeared from the sides and tackled him to the ground. Cracks appeared on the floor as the first werewolf fell backwards. “Hyung!” the first vampire echoed as his fists met with Ren’s and Baekho’s and the force sent all three of them flying backwards, smashing into pillars and walls.

 

End of flashback

No one’s P.O.V.

Doojoon’s aide had come to rescue them but Hyunseung was too hasty that he rushed into the battlefield once his chains had been removed. “Hyunseung-ah! Don’t be so reckless!” Doojoon called after him. “If you want to join in the battle, probably these could help you,” his aide said to him as he handed over five syringes. He carried on, “I’m sure you know what these are.” Doojoon gave a vigorous nod as he turned to the others, “Are you ready?” They looked at each other and nodded firmly. “Eight against five now it is,” Dongwoon added as they joined to help out. The battle dragged on till all five members of the Vampire Council were pinned down.

 

“Jwesonghamnida…” Hyunseung whispered as he plunged the syringes into Aron and Minhyun. He then moved on to Ren and Baekho, “This is not the end, you idiot!” they spat in his face. To which Hyunseung replied, “Everything has to come to an end, sometime.” And he pierced them with another two syringes. He carried on to the last one, “Didn’t I told you that you’ll regret this?” “Can I say something first?” JR asked. “Sure,” Hyungseung nodded. “For the number of years I’ve been grooming you, I didn’t know that I’m breeding a monster.” “What do you mean?” Hyunseung questioned. “You’ll come to realize it,” JR answered and Hyunseung stabbed him with the syringe. The antidote flowed through JR’s vessels, slowly transforming him into a human like the other four.

 

“Send them back to Earth,” the first vampire ordered as he reclaimed the throne, “And I’ll return and take back what was once rightfully mine.” “Let’s have some celebrations!” the first werewolf suggested and snapped his fingers. Tables of food rolled in. “Ugh… I don’t feel too good…” Hyunseung said as he caught sight of the food. “Wae? Do I need to bring you to the hospital Seungie?” Doojoon asked caringly. “Same here… not feeling well…” Yoseob mumbled as he broke out into cold sweat. “Seobie! What happened? Why are both of you feeling sick all of a sudden?” Junhyung questioned with a frown on his face, his heart feeling kind of broken seeing Yoseob in this state. “Me too. I feel like vomiting…” Kikwang added whilst clutching his abdomen. Dongwoon panicked and rushed to his side, “Not you as well! Unless…”

 

End of no one’s P.O.V.

 

A/N: As this story comes to a close, a new one begins. If you want more of B2ST/BEAST, just request them in my upcoming stories, Empire & Maknae HighCollide, a new short story featuring Kikwang & you is also up for reading! So please show your fullest support by clicking on the links. Kamsahamnida!