5

The Art of War

The first vampire brought the five children back home and found his brother waiting for him. The first werewolf, knowing his brother’s kind intentions, allowed him to adopt the five children.

 

It was a bloody scene like that of wars and battlefields. Bodies were strewn all over the place and fires lit up the dark, underground place. The lord and I exchanged stares before we left. As I entered the middle tunnel, there was a huge explosion from behind me, which threw me forward. I got up from the floor but felt a little dizzy. I held out my hand to get a good grasp of the walls beside me as I stumbled forward. Suddenly, I saw a drop of blood on my arm and many more droplets followed it. Blood was slowly dripping out of my head and within seconds, my vision went fuzzy and I out.

 

Flashback

“Enough of the talking. Are you coming back with me?” the lord said. I remained silent and stared at him. “I’ll take that as a yes.” He added and a couple of Vanguards came forward to handcuff me. But before they could even slip those handcuffs onto me, I grabbed the nearest person and flung him at the lord. Both of them stumbled backwards whilst I roundhouse kicked some Vanguards. The lord launched himself at me and I blocked some of his punches and kicks. “Still as agile as ever.” He threatened and spun his leg to hit the side of my head. I skidded a few metres in the water before coming to a stop. “Don’t just stand there! Get him!” the lord ordered and soon, Vanguards surrounded me as I got onto my feet.

 

I picked up a pole from the ground and whacked the first one in the stomach with full force. He flew back quite a distance and hit his head against the wall before collapsing lifelessly. The others saw this and bounded forward to get me. One by one, they were either injured or impaled by the pole. “Not bad.” The lord commended and clapped as he walked closer towards me. At this moment, I felt my energy draining slowly from the previous fighting and I couldn’t afford to get caught by him so I thought of an idea. I took a lighter from my pocket and threw it onto the ground a few metres before me. The ground before us burst into flames and separated the lord from coming closer towards me.

 

“What do you even think you’re doing?” he questioned at my move as he stepped backwards away from the fire. “I’m just making you stay away from me.” I replied coldly as the flames began to spread even further, up the spilled blood across the floor. “You have no idea what you’re doing!” he yelled, pointing to some gas pipes that were lined up along the side of the wall. “Looks like this is how things are going to end isn’t it?” I retorted back. He remained silent, not saying a single word as he stared at me. I stared back at him before we parted ways.

 

End of flashback

The first werewolf taught his brother and the five children how to teleport between planets before he left to create his own world of werewolves. A few days later, the five children were converted to vampires.