19

The Art of War

It was 15 minutes before 2pm, the hottest time of the day. And also the best time to roast someone, especially when there are ten bright, scorching suns. We were led upstairs to the throne room. It was a massive throne room; the supporting pillars are made of jade, and the ceilings are heavily decorated with gold and silver ornaments. At the back of the room, were five diamond-encrusted chairs, and seating on those chairs were five vampires, dressed in yellow robes. “It is time,” JR nodded to IU, the speaker of the court. “Bring forth the prisoners!” IU summoned. Slowly, one by one, the vampires and werewolves were escorted out by Vanguards. “Hyungs!” Kikwang called as he saw the werewolves from afar. Each of us struggled to be released from those dreadful chains, wanting to rush towards each other, yearning for a cuddle in each other’s arms, only to get back a punch in the stomach from the Vanguards to behave ourselves.

 

"Jang Hyunseung, Yang Yoseob and Lee Kikwang. You are now standing in the presence of the Vampire Council. Do you plead guilty to your charges?" the speaker of the court said. We remained silent as IU read out the list of “crimes” we were prosecuted for. “Andwae!” Junhyung screamed and he got a smack in the face in return. IU then continued, “Without further ado, let’s begin the vote.” She then turned around to face Ren, “Yes,” He replied. She then turned to Aron, “No,” he responded and stood up to leave the throne room. There was a loud gasp from somewhere in the throne room. Minhyun answered the same thing and followed Aron. “100% yes,” Baekho defended his stand before even IU could ask him. This time, murmurs and whispers were beginning to surround the court. “It’s all up to you now milord. The votes are now split 2-2. The decision lies in your hands.” IU told JR as he sat on the chair with a grim look on his face. JR drew a long, cold breath of air before opening his mouth to speak, “YES!”

 

The entire throne room was thrown into confusion; cacophonies of murmurs and whispers filled the court. Some had even placed bets on the final outcome. “He’s your son!” Doojoon shouted as he pointed to me. “He’s adopted in the first place!” Ren stood up and yelled back. “You told us to fight for ourselves didn’t you?” Yoseob argued with Baekho whom fought back, “But I didn’t teach both of you to betray your own coven.” “Merciless aren’t you?” Dongwoon stared into JR’s stiff, unemotional eyes. JR ignored him and turned to IU, “Carry on.” She nodded and signaled to the Vanguards to ring them to the center of the court. “We will now carry out the execution, death by suns. Prisoners are to be placed under this magnificent magnifying glass which intensifies the heat of the suns, hence setting them on fire, leading them to a slow and painful death.”

 

The roof of the throne room opened to unveil a strong spot of sunlight. “Is there anyone who wants to add their few cents worth?” IU asked around before I spoke, my eyes fixated on father’s ones, “You’ll regret this.” “Okay are there any objections before we proceed?” IU questioned once again. “I object,” a voice spoke and a hooded figure leapt down from the second floor balcony to the center of the throne room. “Who are you?” IU queried. The hooded figure slipped off his hood. JR stopped short, “You-” I was also shocked at the identity of the hooded figure, “You are-” The unhooded figure then spoke, “I am the grandmaster.”

 

A/N: This story is ending soon, if you want more of B2ST/BEAST, just request them in my upcoming stories, Empire & Maknae High. Please show your fullest support by clicking on the links. Kamsahamnida!