10

The Art of War

We were sitting in the living room whilst waiting for Junhyung to come back from his inspection. He said that he heard a noise outside and left the house. An hour had passed but his presence still not seen in the house. Dongwoon was pacing around the little, shabby house whilst muttering prayers under his breath, as if some deity up there would answer it. Suddenly, amidst the long silence, came three loud thuds on the door. Using my fast speed, I ran forward and flung open the door, only to find myself flying back a few metres, knocking into some tables and chairs along the way before coming to a stop. “Baekho-ah, didn’t I tell you to be more careful on him, and not kick him so hard?” a voice from behind said before stepping past his fellow Vampire Council member. “Well I didn’t learn martial arts for nothing.” He simply replied.

 

As I lay on the floor, trying to steady my vision, from the corner of my eye, I saw Doojoon and Dongwoon morphing into their werewolf forms. Another member, Minhyun, came in and grabbed Dongwoon by the throat and lifted him off the ground. Dongwoon tried to pry open the hand with his paws but was unable to do so. Dongwoon attempted to call for help from Doojoon who’s busy handling Baekho. Dongwoon soon became unconscious before Minhyun slung him over his shoulder and carried him outside to meet up with Ren, who had Junhyung lying unconsciously on the ground beside him. “A-Appa?” I croaked as my vision slowly stabilised. I wiped the blood that was trailing down the side of my head and stood up to face the towering figure before me. “Found this on him.” Aron said whilst handing “my appa” the book I “borrowed” from the library.

 

“You’re not fit to call me your appa after reading this.” JR growled whilst waving the book under my nose. He then added, “You’ll probably won’t remember anything anyway, ever since I found you. You had a concussion, therefore you’ll have no recollections of your past.” Upon hearing that, I gripped my head in pain, all of a sudden; symbols and images were flooding my mind. I yelled in pain before passing out, Doojoon’s cries soon faded away as my eyelids drooped.

 

No one’s P.O.V.

“Get that thing to shut up.” JR snarled at Doojoon. Baekho then slipped behind him and gave him a loud smack on the skull before Doojoon passed out. JR slumped Hyunseung over his shoulder and the rest did the same. “Aron hyung, can you destroy that house?” “Sure,” Aron replied before chanting a fire spell. A few seconds later, a fire broke out and swept the whole house into flames. The five members of the Vampire Council then slowly made their way back to the city, with four captured convicts. Upon reaching the city, Hyunseung and the others were locked away in different parts of the city, with high security. The Vampire Council also realised that Yoseob and Kikwang had escaped from their rooms so every Vanguard was on high alert, with more patrols around the city, both during the day and night. The abandoned house in the suburbs of the city was razed to the ground; its ashes were blown away by strong gusts of wind. Nothing, not even a trace was left behind…

 

End of no one’s P.O.V.