16

The Art of War

We were running down the main street, blending in with the shadows as much as possible when the others joined up with us. The Junseob couple merged from the left street, “Hey!” Junhyung exclaimed as he saw us. “Yo!” Dongwoon remarked as the Kiwoon couple united with us from the right street. I looked to my left and right and nodded at them, affirming their presence in this matter. We ran for about half an hour when the hooded figure raised his left hand, informing us to halt. “What’s the matter?” I went forward to ask. “I… I can’t see my vision anymore…” the hooded figure replied softly, enough for us to hear. But yet it seemed to be loud enough for the whole street to hear. “That’s because you fell into our trap,” Aron answered the question as his face popped into view, along with several Vanguards flanking his sides, and circling us. “It’s no use,” Minhyun added as he saw Kikwang banging against some ‘walls’. “It’s a vision blocker. Your vision is blocked till the charm caster is defeated. And that is me.” Baekho commented as he teleported in front of us.

 

“We’re dead meat hyung… we’re surrounded and attacked from all sides.” Yoseob said depressingly. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you,” Junhyung replied quickly and stood in front of his boyfriend in a defensive stance. We morphed into our different forms and prepared for the upcoming fight. “Defeat him, we must.” Dongwoon nodded to Kikwang as his stare fixated on the strong, muscular vampire ahead of them. “He’s mine… It’s not too late to withdraw milords…” I hissed at them. “I’m sorry but we need to capture you rebels!” Ren yelled as he lunged forward to move in for the kill. I dodged his punches and kicks but didn’t spot the hidden move from Baekho, which landed on my stomach and made me stumble back a few steps. The Junseob couple engaged a fight with Aron whilst the Kiwoon couple dealt blows with Minhyun. “Let me take over,” the hooded figure patted my shoulder and stepped forward. “Who are you and what business do you have here?” Ren demanded. The hooded figure didn’t reply and flash stepped before Ren, giving him a slap in the face before moving on to Baekho.

 

“Yah!” Ren shouted and threw a punch at his covered face but the hooded figure managed to flash step away in time. Baekho’s heavy punches and forceful kicks missed him by a few millimetres until Baekho ripped a hole in his hood from the left side. “I think I know who you are…” Baekho asserted and flash stepped away by leaps and bounds, keeping a safe distance away from his opponent. “I’m sorry but I need to go,” the hooded figure apologised to me and disappeared in a puff of smoke into thin air. “Bwoh!” Aron yelled. “Aish!” Minhyun complained. “He must have used a stronger magic to slip away. That hooded figure is definitely a force to be reckoned with.” Baekho responded to their thoughts. “It’s alright. Capture the rest of them!” Ren ordered to the Vanguards. We didn’t realise that we had left our guard down and they took this chance to fire a Taser at us. My eyes were still moving as I lay on the beaten ground, trying to register what had happened, until they used a sedative on us. I was glancing worriedly at the Junseob and Kiwoon couples as my eyes slowly closed, as my hand crushed the slip of paper in my pocket.

 

Someone had scribbled on the book: One day, I’ll return and take back what was once rightfully mine.